Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 36 times)

Little Blue

Well Scotty, you do have a leg brace on, so you're not nekkid!  And yep, that's mighty comfortable.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Well Scotty, you do have a leg brace on, so you're not nekkid!  And yep, that's mighty comfortable.

Agreed *not nekkid*  pffft..

(and yea I am not that comfortable in my own skin... until the drinking is well underway...)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Careful what you ask for, Little Blue!

Me post-race in 2008....when Gail and I both did a Bare Buns 5K when she turned 50....

photo BBjpg.jpg

As you can see, I am very comfortable in my skin, lol.   But now.... doncha just wanna put your eyes out? 

You mean like this?

Just kidding.  I am glad you guys are very comfortable with that.  I would love to do a Bare Buns run one day.

Damaris

Cyberic

Tights, short shorts, singlets...maybe someday.

I like the singlets. I feel more comfortable in them. Short shorts vs long, no difference so I choose long. Tights? I actually have a pair (short tights, not sure how you call them) to wear under shorts, but I don't see the gain as they are warmer than shorts.

Cyberic

Bare buns? How uncomfortable it must be to run like that.

Little Blue

Hmmm, Gail's birthday.  February.  In Texas.  Is that why you're wearing gloves?

delicate flower

Treadmill run complete.  Easy effort.  60 minutes, 7.8 miles, 7:39 pace.  Fact:  Lower mileage makes easy runs faster.  Fact for me, anyway.

<3

LRB

Temps here are expected to plummet to sub-zero tomorrow evening and into Sunday morning with high winds and wind chills approaching -35 degrees, say what?!

I may need a snowsuit to run in...if I run in that crap at all!

Cyberic

Temps here are expected to plummet to sub-zero tomorrow evening and into Sunday morning with high winds and wind chills approaching -35 degrees, say what?!

I may need a snowsuit to run in...if I run in that crap at all!

I hear ya! Hopefully this will be our last very cold weekend of the year. Since DS has two soccer games on Sunday, I'm considering taking a rest day. Or run less than an hour instead of my usual Sunday 2 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

A short hiit workout and upper body weights.

There is a Valentine's day 10k here that has awards for skimpiest attire. It is supposed to be in the single digits with windchills below 0. So exactly what is considered skimpy attire in those temps? No hat & gloves? I will be on my treadmill, I'm not going outside in that crap.

LRB

There is a Valentine's day 10k here that has awards for skimpiest attire. It is supposed to be in the single digits with windchills below 0. So exactly what is considered skimpy attire in those temps? No hat & gloves? 

With a 3 to 5 mile warmup pre-race, you'd surprise yourself. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

With a 3 to 5 mile warmup pre-race, you'd surprise yourself. 

Not gonna happen. I am always cold if it is 35 or colder. Doesn't matter how many layers I have on.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 4, 3 with hubby. Only time we had.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

A short hiit workout and upper body weights.

There is a Valentine's day 10k here that has awards for skimpiest attire. It is supposed to be in the single digits with windchills below 0. So exactly what is considered skimpy attire in those temps? No hat & gloves? I will be on my treadmill, I'm not going outside in that crap.

Should be the same or colder for a 5k/5-miler here tomorrow that I am sending my 8-year-old and his buddy out in (bad mom!) and I expect to see at least one under-20 speedster in shorts.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Should be the same or colder for a 5k/5-miler here tomorrow that I am sending my 8-year-old and his buddy out in (bad mom!) and I expect to see at least one under-20 speedster in shorts.

And those speedsters are always male. I never see women in shorts in bitter cold.