Beginners and Beyond

October Mileage (Read 51 times)

DavePNW

New Yorker 

Of all the '70's land yachts, that was one of the biggest.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DH has a 1978 Diamond Jubilee Lincoln Continental Mark V, the 8 track tape player still works, everything on it works. He was going to get it completely redone but we are having to sell it as he already has too much on his schedule.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brilliant

FS - congrats!!  I will be joining you in the 200 club shortly, I hope!

175.7 for me, my highest ever.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS - congrats!!  I will be joining you in the 200 club shortly, I hope!

175.7 for me, my highest ever.  

It was tough, only because it didn't occur to me early on and I thought I'd be running the IMM. Hopefully I can plan better so I don't struggle at the end Smile

Great job on the 175.7 miles!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't get this PB without a fight

Warning: images of toes

PRs

happylily

Back in 1989, when I met my SO, he was driving an Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais that he had bought from his mother (). To me, it was nothing but a huge white boat and I thought it was so uncool. He, otoh, was very proud of it. He had revved the engine on it, he told me. I had no idea what it meant. One night, a police officer rang our door. Our car had been stolen and ended up in a police chase on the highway. The officer said they had a hard time keeping up with the Cutlass, but it finally crashed somewhere and they arrested the guy. The car was a wreck. They found under the driver's seat what they called an illegal weapon: a big long knife. The officer looked carefully at my SO and said "does this ILLEGAL knife belong to you, sir?" SO: "Of course not!". Officer: "Good. So we'll charge him with possession of an illegal weapon as well". That night, SO was very sad. He had just lost both his beloved car and his knife.  Nowadays, he carries around a Swiss Army pocket knife and he drives a bourgeois car.  How times change...

Ok, that was my boring story. So what is my mileage for October?  Let me check the draft email where I keep count: 127 miles. Damn it! I better rev  (or is it rev up?) my engine and try to catch up to Andrea!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I didn't get this PB without a fight

Warning: images of toes

The blisters on the toes are normal. But what's up with your fingers?

Robert31320

Team TJ

My lowest month in a long time...not too happy with me righ now.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

That night, SO was very sad. He had just lost both his beloved car and his knife. 

LOL - That was great!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The blisters on the toes are normal. But what's up with your fingers?

That is my first blister right there, I rarely get blisters but when I do they're usually on the balls of my feet.

As for my fingers, do you mean the redness or the skin? The redness was from trying to pull my toes apart to get a pic, I think I took 5 pics before I was happy with it. And I don't do manicures so my fingers aren't the pretties and then I am always picking at any loose skin or scabby thing near the nails so they look awful  believe me, I think my feet look much better than my fingers and I normally try to avoid pics that show the close up of my fingernails 

PRs

hog4life

Cyberic

The officer said they had a hard time keeping up with the Cutlass

That must have made him proud, somehow 

Ric-G

207 for me and next month will be lower - guaranteed...love the car talk and pics...funny how car tech has really taken off - i've seen more teslas around than i ever thought i would at this point in time.

marathon pr - 3:16

happylily

That must have made him proud, somehow 

It sure did. He still has stars in his eyes when he talks about that car. 

PADRunner