Beginners and Beyond

Monday, Monday Can't Trust That DAILIES (Read 51 times)

BruceD555

I'm going to wear them around the house and never take them off....while clicking my heels together and repeating "there's no place like home ... there's no place like home ..."

Fixed it for ya' Wink ... Maybe taper is starting to affect me.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

MBC, you're just too funny.  And the pic of your doggie in her outfit (from FB), awesome!

Damaris

I am heading to the gym after for the workout and eleiptical. I have to say, the knee is on the mend and feeling pretty good. I hope to put a mile or two in this weekend.

LRB- I cannot wait to be a grandpa.........my DD has been married almost three years and discussion of babies are not allowed! So all i have now is a grand dog the DW and I watch a couple times a month.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Ball of Fury

I'm going to wear them around the house and never take them off.

You should see my new 15s....bright yellow and blue...even my 4 year-old said they were ugly!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

DavePNW

And I too got new kicks.  Had it narrowed down between the Asics Kayando 19 and the Brooks Revenna 4.  It was a toss up so at that moment, I went with the Brooks.

I just tried on a pair of Ravennas yesterday! They felt great, more flexible than my Adrenalines, very similar to my Saucony Guide 6's (although uglier IMHO). Not sure if they would be as good as the Adrenalines for longer runs. I didn't buy anything, but will have to do something soon. Adrenalines have 390 miles, Guides have 350, and I have a marathon in 7 weeks. Neither will last that long, but I should probably start breaking something in.

Comments/suggestions from anyone on stability shoes?

Dave

Ball of Fury

MBC:  Thanks!  At least it was so early, no one was around to witness my shame!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Comments/suggestions from anyone on stability shoes?

There is a New Balance store on 12 Mile in Farmington Hills, stop in and try on the 1340.  Ask for Darren, dude knows his stuff.

StepbyStep-SH

MBC - I am going to smile all afternoon at the mental image of someone carrying a greyhound during a charity walk. Smile

OK, now I know what I can't picture LRB being a grandpa - when I'm 44 my son will only be 11 years old! I'm going to be an old woman before anyone calls me grandma.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

OK, now I know what I can't picture LRB being a grandpa - when I'm 44 my son will only be 11 years old! I'm going to be an old woman before anyone calls me grandma.

There really is no wrong way to do it.  While I was paying for proms, cars, higher auto insurance premiums and college dorms, you were livin' it up.  When you will be paying for proms, cars, higher auto insurance premiums and college dorms, I will be livin' it up.

It's a win, win!  Big grin

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MBC - I am going to smile all afternoon at the mental image of someone carrying a greyhound during a charity walk. Smile

Glad I could make you smile.

How about this?

Hip Redux

20 miles on the bike done.   It was windy and could have been 10 degrees warmer and I would have been happy.   I had on fleece lined pants, wool underlayer, short sleeve shirt and a jacket and gloves.  BRRR.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Packing done. Pilates done.

Basaya I feel fine today. I know nuts are not my friend if I want to run. Sometimes you just have to have things you shouldn't. It is rare for me as I eat pretty much the same thing every day. The list of no no's for me is really long.

Marjorie

LRB

I cannot for the life of me get full today no matter what I eat and it's pissin' me off!   >:-/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's the one I saw.

All together: Awwwwww.

Weights done.

Glad I could make you smile.

How about this?

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good evening all.  I ran 6.20 today...pretty standard stuff.  Hope everybody has a nice evening.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn