Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Is It Friday Yet? (Read 45 times)

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Where's my coffee?!?

Weights, push-ups, ab work, and an hour cardio at the gym after work.

LRB

There will be no talk of Friday, until at least Wednesday ha-ha!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I feel the same way.  Bring on Friday!  6 X 400s tonight.

Damaris

Morning.

I planned 3 with an option for 4 if there was no pain, and I did the 4. So that's something. It still felt like the injury was sort of on the verge of flaring up during much of the run, so I did not venture too far from home. But not too bad.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

Don't call me Buttercup!

Friday's a rest day for me. I could handle it being Friday.

*yawn*

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!!

Is it just me or does it feel like it should be later in the week?   I’m keep thinking it’s Thursday….

Basya – Thanks for starting us off this morning!!   That was a really long TM run you had yesterday.  Way to get it done!!

LRB – Morning!    Coffee treating you right today?

Damaris – Have a great day!!

Dave P – Nice run this morning!  I’m glad that you were able to opt for a little more instead of pain forcing you to cut the run short!   That’s progress!!

Di – Good Morning!!   Perhaps LRB will share some coffee with you to help you make it to Friday….   Have a wonderful day!!

I overslept this morning.   :-(    I hate it when that happens!!   Since I am on babysitting duty at work, I doubt that I’ll be able to leave early to get the miles in later so URD.   BOO!!

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run be the one where everything falls into place and it feels like you’re flying!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Hip Redux

Thursday is my Friday, so today is my Wednesday.   Got that?

Attempting a run after work of 3+.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have not had coffee, so I'm confused.

Thursday is my Friday, so today is my Wednesday.   Got that?

Attempting a run after work of 3+.

Damaris

delicate flower

Good morning there, sailors!  I went for two runs in the last 15 hours, and what follows here is my update on the matter:

Last night:  10 miles of treadmill speedwork at 7:26 avg pace.  1/2 mile intervals, ranging from 5:50 pace to 6:55 pace.  I wanted a couple more sub-6:00 intervals but I just could not get locked in mentally or physically.  It was still a good workout, but it just wasn't a great workout.  I know it wasn't that tough because I felt little fatigue heading into this morning's run....

This morning:  7 miles at 8:00 pace on the rail trail.  What was supposed to be an easy effort turned into a tempo-ish effort.  My legs felt bouncy right from the start so I decided to take my legs up on the offer.  The last three miles were 7:41, 7:47, 7:48.  Excellent run on a beautiful morning.

Soooo, 17 miles at 7:41 avg pace between last night and this morning.  And NOW my legs are feeling a lil wobby.  Smile

It's a DW triathlon night, so sherpa duties for me.  Have a great Tuesday!

<3

I have not had coffee, so I'm confused.

I think it takes a different kind of beverage to make sense out of that.

Dave

I think it takes a different kind of beverage to make sense out of that.

DaveP MI, it's called arak.

Damaris, enjoy the quarter-mile repeats.

DaveP MI, I'm happy that you were able to do four.

Di2.0, enjoy the rest day for me, too, while you're at it.

Sarah, your body needed the rest. Please don't be so hard on yourself.

Oski, have an excellent post-work run.

Phil, sweet combined seventeen.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very appropriate for this caffeinated crowd, if I say so myself.

Damaris

delicate flower

I just had a tax meeting with my VP.  He told me to keep up that great work and that I look really sharp today.  Not sure which compliment is better.

<3

Hi dailies:

Basya - this is going to be a two coffee day

Rick - they're all just days at this point, haha

D - enjoy the speedwork

DaveP - ugh, that thing needs to heal up already

Di - rest would be great

Sarah - boo-urns to the urd

Oski - have a good 3+

Baboon - great stuff, you've been pretty speedy lately

Finally, enough calm that I don't have to go in to work first thing on my "day off".  Dusted off the keurig and taking my sweet time.  10ish easy later because race tomorrow.