Beginners and Beyond

And the beat goes on TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

LRB

Honestly, I do not even care anymore because I know at some point spring will sprang and I will be back out there doing my thang.  But  until then...the treadmill I will go, the treadmill I will go, heigh ho the dairy-o the treadmill I will go!

Just B.S.

I will just quote that except to say -19 here and 3 tempo miles on the mill tonight.

Cold and last nights flash feerze warning = treadmill time

Honestly, I do not even care anymore because I know at some point spring will sprang and I will be back out there doing my thang.  But  until then...the treadmill I will go, the treadmill I will go, heigh ho the dairy-o the treadmill I will go!

I've got -12F/-30F windchill here. Sort of run out of words to describe the weather.

8 miles on the warm & toasty treadmill in the books.

Have a...day everyone.

Dave

Good morning, people!

Rick and Beth, have fun on the TM.

DaveP MI, excellent eight already.

I'll do weights, push-ups, and ab work after work tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. 7 miles tonight.

Basya, I posted a picture of what you were craving in last night's thread.

Damaris

happylily

Good morning!

I have some miles at some pace later after work. Then, after my run, I will cook a few meals for my sister who is getting her operation to remove the cancer in her, tomorrow morning. I'm not worried about it, she has gone through worse in the past, she's a fighter. I know it will go well for her. 

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I will be thinking of her, lily.

Damaris

Good morning!

I have some miles at some pace later after work. Then, after my run, I will cook a few meals for my sister who is getting her operation to remove the cancer in her, tomorrow morning. I'm not worried about it, she has gone through worse in the past, she's a fighter. I know it will go well for her. 

Have a great day!

Lily, best wishes to your sister.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It is crazy this morning in San Antonio!  We don't have nearly the cold temps that most of y'all do, but for us when the temp drops below 40, it gets nuts around here!  Weather is not so bad - 34 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 28 - but the traffic out there is crazy.  Mainly because the city put a de-icing agent on the roads and highway overpasses in expectation of freezing rain last night...but we got none.  And now because there was no ice that  de-icing stuff on the road IS the cause of many vehicles slipping.  There have been several accidents all around the city, and a couple of them pretty bad ones (2 drivers killed when they hit head-on), crazy.   I got up early today and took the back roads in to work, avoiding all the major thoroughfares.  Nice commute, virtually no traffic at all.   Don't know about AFTER work though. Our weather is supposed to get worse as the day goes on and freezing rain is again predicted for tonite.  I might end up just - - hack hack...cough cough    ... - - calling in tomorrow and stay home if it's as crazy as it was this morning.

I did run after work last night.  Wow.  44 degrees with a 'feels like' of 38. Not too bad...but what was crazy was the WIND.  25 - 30 mph gusts making it feel MUCH colder than the weatherman said.  Even so, I ended up with a really good run/walk of 3.5 miles.  I ran in the park near the Zoo and it was kind of bizarre and funny cuz I was about the only one out there on the trails and paths.  I saw just one other runner.  Made me feel like I was a character in that movie, lol,  "Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner", running in my own little world, surrounded only by trees, birds, etc.

Another thing about this run, when I got back home and updated my log, I realized with this run I achieved 45,000 lifetime running miles.  Well, actually, I'm just a tad over that amount now with the run last night.  I've been running 5 days a week lately instead of 4, so accumulated in the past couple of months a bit more weekly/monthly mileage than I normally do. So a nice surprise for me, made my 45,000 mile goal before my 60th birthday next month.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, LRB and the rest of you folks.  I wouldn't even get out of bed with those temps that y'all have!

Good luck with your treadmill run today, LRB and Beth!

Congrats on getting your miles in already, DaveP.

Enjoy your workout, Basya.  Dang..pushups!  I keep forgetting to start that 100 pushups program.  Maybe tonite after work will be the night.

Good luck with your 7 miles, Damaris.  Hope you are feeling better.  Did not finish reading yesterday's thread, so didn't get an update.

Thinking good thoughts for your sister, Lily!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

7 done, 4 of them steady state at tempo pace.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My run is happening tonight, I am just so tired of the single digits or negatives...... I'd rather run in 15 degrees with a wind chill o f 7 than 5 degrees with a wind chill of -7.

It's actually getting depressing, but like LRB I am trying to hold out with hope of Spring coming someday.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Morning runner people

My legs have that awesome "I feel like I've been used" feeling today.  I'd love to hit the TM tonight, but probably will have to deal with a lot of icky crap instead.

Lily, best wishes for your sister!

Scotty - 45,000 miles; time for new tires ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Zelanie

Julie- Thinking of your sister today and hoping that all goes well.

Scotty- Congrats!

LRB, Beth, Dave, FreeSoul- Stay tough!

Basya- Sounds like a great workout!

D- Morning!

jjs- Hope that the icky crap starts to resolve itself soon.

me- I will be running 10 since we went out to dinner with DD instead.