Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins On The Run (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Runs end. Running doesn't."

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, group workout for me tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates and weights tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning! My quads are angry (all that time curled up in a ball to avoid stretching out my stomach :/ ), my belly button is itchy, and my kid woke up in the middle of the night crying about a sore throat. Husband is working from home so I just have to make sure they have stuff for lunch and then I will be off to work. Will probably skip walking and just foam roll/stick/stretch the hell out of my legs today, the left one is tight and knotted enough that it's making my knee creaky going down stairs.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Planning on doing my run/walk in a local park after work.  Not sure how many miles today since I never have a structured training plan these days. I just go out and run how I feel.  If I'm feeling good,I will go longer, if not, then shorter.  Fun to be a 'free' runner...

PAD, looks like  I might be coming up to Dallas/Fort Worth  way the last weekend of January, Gail has a conference to attend in Fort Worth, starting on February 2nd.  Any 5K, 10K, etc, going on for Jan 31 or Feb 1, 2015? I saw that the Texas Half was on Feb 1 for 2015, but I can't do distance running anymore, so that is out.  I did see something called the "Too Cold to Hold" on Feb 1 in Dallas White Rock...apparently a 5K, 5 miler, and 10K. Know anything about that one?  Thanks.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning PAD, Docket, Lauren, Scotty, and Pens.

Back to work for me and going to gym afterward.  SRD#2.  Quads are still really sore and stairs are a challenge but walking is okay.  DW has no pain at all.

Zelanie

Hey pens.  3 yesterday, and I am going to be very naughty and run 3 today as well. 

Lauren- feel better!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Penguins!

PAD - what's involved in the group workout?  There are several running groups in the area but I'm a bit too intimidated to join them =/

DR - what's involved in the weights?

Lauren - sorry about the sick kid =/

Scotty - I'm glad being a "free" runner works for you.  If I didn't have some sort of structured plan I think the blerch would win the epic battle...

Jerry - feel better, some active stretching will probably feel nice

Zel - 3 isn't naughty, it is well deserved :-)

AFM - Today I dragged DH out for 3.3.  As much as he complains about doing the run, he feels good afterwards.  Since he hasn't done significant running in months, he just tags along with me for the first 80% of the run and then races home without me.  He has no real concept of "pacing" himself so I'm his pace bunny.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

sapf, I'm doing Chalean Extreme.  A heavy weight program.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Same run as yesterday; 35-40 minutes with six strides. This time it will be on the track while DD swims.

Have a good day.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Lauren - sorry about your troubles, hope you & the kid feel better soon.

Scotty, I have a plan but never follow it, so I guess I'm "free" too.  Smile When my hubby asks, "How far are you going this morning?" I always give a range - it just depends on how I feel.

4 done this morning.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

sapf, I'm doing Chalean Extreme.  A heavy weight program.

If I come visit, will you lift me up and down? I'm a heavy weight....

tracilynn

im pretty much a free runner too although I dont really want to be one.  i would love to train for a race but im injured so much Its impossible.

But some days it is nice to just skip a run or run more or less just based on how I feel.  its all good.

My right foot/ arch still hurts and im getting heel pain at times so I definitely have PF.  i know I land on the outside of that foot and I also twist it when I land.    I try SO HARD to not do that but my stupid azz leg and foot just does it.  Ugh.  will just keep running until i cant.

Meeting Robert , angie and TJ at the UCP race this Saturday!  Will see mitch there too.  Im doing the 5k while they do the HM.   GOOD TIMES,

I ran 4.5 last night and will do something tonight, not sure what because I will decide then cause Im a free runner , ya know.

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the group run, PAD!

Pilates AND weights.  Dang, Damaris, you really go for the punishment all at once, don't you?

Sorry about the sore legs, Lauren..and the sick kid....and the belly button itch...hope everything resolves quickly.

Have fun at the gym, Jerry.  If you do the Stairmaster, make sure to do it backwards, so you're going downstairs, to help save your sore legs.

Why is running 3 today naughty, Z? Are you supposed to be resting or something?  I say go for it...it's good to be bad once in a while...just as long as you are only bad and not EVIL.

Scotty, I have a plan but never follow it, so I guess I'm "free" too.   So now, Brilliant, all you have to do is one of those Bare Buns races and you will REALLY be free.  Matter of fact, I have one coming up in Austin down here in April....want me to register you?

Brilliant

Scotty, I have a plan but never follow it, so I guess I'm "free" too.   So now, Brilliant, all you have to do is one of those Bare Buns races and you will REALLY be free.  Matter of fact, I have one coming up in Austin down here in April....want me to register you?

Are you serious?  I need to remember not to open the race report thread on that one!