Beginners and Beyond

Layering Up (Read 92 times)

From the Internet.

That's a great point, it doesn't bother me as much when running but 2 hours later when I'm wearing real clothes I am freezing my ass off in weather I was just running in wearing half as much!

That's me too. I live under blankets at home and wore 2 pairs of pants to work today for the first time this season, but I run hot when I get moving.

Ooh I like that 1/2 zip FS, report back on how warm it is pls!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's me too. I live under blankets at home and wore 2 pairs of pants to work today for the first time this season, but I run hot when I get moving.

Ooh I like that 1/2 zip FS, report back on how warm it is pls!

Oh don't worry I will, I also plan on having my thin, dri-fit long sleeve undershirt underneath it and possibly my windbreaker jacket that I can take off and wrap around my waist if I get too warm.

Sadly, I can't find my ski mask.... Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Today was a no brainer - 51 degrees and cloudy.  Shorts and a short sleeve cotton t - no gloves, no hat.

Tomorrow will be a different animal.  Calling for 31 with a feels like of 21 because of wind.  Sunny.

I'm going with shorts, medium weight smart wool shirt with a short sleeve cotton t over that.  Gloves, hat, and sunglasses.

Ach! scratch that.  They are now calling for a high of 25 at noon, with a feels like of 12.  Screw that, I'm not training for anything.  Might just take the day off.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's a great point, it doesn't bother me as much when running but 2 hours later when I'm wearing real clothes I am freezing my ass off in weather I was just running in wearing half as much!

Personal tolerance is importance.  While my husband would wear the jacket, gloves, hat, and be freezing, I would be walking in the high 30s with the jacket open and no gloves nor hat.  I was close to taking a picture of us in NY and post: This is why we can never move out of Miami.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

-2 wind chill = balaclava and a warm beanie.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I just bought a half zip from runners warehouse. Kristin's fault!

Hope you love it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Little Blue

OK, question on the RA log.  If I record my attire, I put it in the notes section of the log.  That doesn't show in the Workouts list, and doesn't seem to be an available column.  I don't always record my clothes, so I don't want to go to each entry for 32 degrees to see if it's there.  Is there an easier way to see notes?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

OK, question on the RA log.  If I record my attire, I put it in the notes section of the log.  That doesn't show in the Workouts list, and doesn't seem to be an available column.  I don't always record my clothes, so I don't want to go to each entry for 32 degrees to see if it's there.  Is there an easier way to see notes?

I have a blog where I make notes f my run, clothing, weather, etc.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

You could add them as equipment and search them that way. 

Little Blue

I did just figure out that if I go into an entry, I can use the little arrow button and go through them sequentially.  So I went back to a cold day, then paged back through.  Not too bad, although my whiz-bang connection is crawling this morning.  Scrollin', scrollin', scrollin; ....

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Northface Thermal felt quite comfy, but I did have to wear my jacket over it this morning. Even with the thin long sleeve undershirt, it was pretty dang cold. The North Face would be really comfy in temps (for me) between 15-30 degrees.

PRs

No more marathons

Temp 27 with a feels like of 15 (although I didn't notice much wind - maybe I was in a protected area).  Mostly sunny.

Hat, gloves, medium weight underarmour shirt plus medium weight smart wool.  Felt comfortable.

Shorts - legs cold but not unbearably so.

Running in the cold is like running in the rain  - tend to pick up the pace.  Smile

He's a leaker!

From the Internet.

39/feels like 36 today, but sunny. I felt slightly overdressed right around mile 1 but turned out to be OK for the rest of the run - I'd rather be a little warm on an easy run than a little cold. Lulu Speed tights, UA Victory tank under an old cotton waffle-weave shirt (the only cotton item that I love running in when the weather is just right for it), headband and cheap Target gloves. Might have to keep doing the tank-under-other-shirt thing for a while, with just one layer on the other day my hernia surgery scar got super itchy and then kind of painfully numb while the rest of me was perfect. Today I was a touch warm but never got the weird itchiness.

No more marathons

Temp of 38 with feels like of 33 - partly sunny.

Medium weight smartwool, short sleeve cotton T, shorts, gloves, hat, sunglasses.  All good.

He's a leaker!

LRB

The weather here today was completely redunkulous!  There are not enough swear words in Urban Dictionary to express my true feelings.