Beginners and Beyond

Rain go away SaturDAILIES (Read 49 times)

Poppy Ott

Nothing To See Here

Good luck this morning, ROS! Wife and I arrived in Chicago yesterday morning. Check. Made it to the Expo. Check. Got packet, shirt, pace tag. Check. Made it out of the expo with only three purchases. (it was a near thing!) Check. Now it's time to do some rubber-necking around the town.

DavePNW

It is heartening to see that even some of you speedy youngsters have days when a slow pace is required.  Smile

Not sure which of these descriptors is more ridiculous.

Dave

zzyzx

7  ish today at 8:48. I tried a new course to mix it up a bit. Roads were a tad slippery at first but then the sun came out. I hate my slower new normal but not too bad.

I'm starting to learn the apple watch transition. When I get past my house, it can't find my phone anymore and has a mild freakout which causes my music to stop for a bit and then it gets used to it and moves on.

RunningOnSand

Absolutely. And hopefully have access to a dry shirt & jacket quickly afterwards. Now if it was 40, raining, and 20mph winds...actually same thing, but you'd be fucking miserable.

Glad ad it wasn't those conditions because you're right, I would be fucking miserable. 

The race was great; thanks to everyone who chimed in. singlet and shorts were perfect and it drizzled for the first couple miles, and then completely went away! I finished in 2:01:18. I'll see if I can type up a RR tomorrow for anyone who'd want to read it (as I love reading RR's).

breadnatty08

Howdy folks.  Back from my race.  It went pretty well though I'd wish for 5+ degrees cooler.  Start was in the upper 60s and it was near 80 by the finish.  Still, went out at a hard pace and just tried to roll with it.  By mile 18 I was already feeling cooked but just told myself to shut up and push.  All and all, it went about as well as I could have planned.  Finished first in 4:04:14 setting a new CR by 19min.  Had temps been cooler sub 4 would have been possible.  Fueled with 5 GUs and 3.5 cups of Coke (the last was Coke Zero that some asshat brought as "aid").

30.8mi, 7:56 pace, 2,700ft of gain.  It's also a 30min course PR.  Smile

Planning for some down days this week and then back at it for a couple weeks before taper into Richmond.

Find me on Strava

No more marathons

Howdy folks.  Back from my race.  It went pretty well though I'd wish for 5+ degrees cooler.  Start was in the upper 60s and it was near 80 by the finish.  Still, went out at a hard pace and just tried to roll with it.  By mile 18 I was already feeling cooked but just told myself to shut up and push.  All and all, it went about as well as I could have planned.  Finished first in 4:04:14 setting a new CR by 19min.  Had temps been cooler sub 4 would have been possible.  Fueled with 5 GUs and 3.5 cups of Coke (the last was Coke Zero that some asshat brought as "aid").

Planning for some down days this week and then back at it for a couple weeks before taper into Richmond.

Noice!!!!!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5. Garmin or phone are still being a bitch, so haven't uploaded it, but it was as awful as I would expect following yesterday's workout.

ROS, nice half.

Bread, damn! Nice 50k!

Runshortii

ROS - Nice job on the HM

Bread - Nice 50K and nice pace!!

I ran a little over 2 miles. I felt fine for the first half mile and then my quads started cramping up. Bleh

Cyberic

Congrats on your races, Bread and ROS.

I ran 8.5 while bringing back some unused stuff I bought yesterday at Home Depot. I started run commuting a little less than a year ago, and now I'm starting to run some errands too. Pun intended.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad ad it wasn't those conditions because you're right, I would be fucking miserable. 

The race was great; thanks to everyone who chimed in. singlet and shorts were perfect and it drizzled for the first couple miles, and then completely went away! I finished in 2:01:18. I'll see if I can type up a RR tomorrow for anyone who'd want to read it (as I love reading RR's).

Congrats!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome job!

Damaris

oldfartrunner

Bread: Great job, 1st and CR! WOW!!!   Don't get any better than that.

ROS: Sounds like you had a good race!   Glad the rain held off mostly!

Poppy: Have fun and good luck!

Damaris: Good luck!

Cyberic

Bread: Great job, 1st and CR! WOW!!!   Don't get any better than that.

It is awesome!

GC100k

Absolutely fantabulously perfect weather here today. My wife and I ran about noon and then had a birthday party for our teenage twins at a beautiful scenic spot where we picnicked with their friends.

GinnyinPA

ROS and BreadNatty - nice job on the races!

Good luck to the Chicago racers tomorrow!

It was warm and a bit humid here (84, DP 62) so I headed to a shady State Forest road for my afternoon run. 12 miles through beautiful autumn trees with 988' elev. gain. It was a hard run on a warm day. Fortunately, the first half is uphill and the second half downhill, so it got easier as the afternoon got warmer.