Beginners and Beyond

Fridailes????? Where you at (Read 39 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, Beth -35 windchill?   And I thought it was cold here in San Antonio, when I got up and it was 29 degrees outside.   Wow, you have had a full day already!  Hope you can sneak in some 'power naps" at work!

Always fun with the kitties, Damaris!  Hope your 6 miles puts you back into 'balance".

Gotta find something to keep you amused while you are on the dreadmill, Dave!  No tv or movies to watch, etc., while you run?

FreeSoul, maybe LRB has that 'faux fur' stuff.   My cats are into fur...they wear it all the time!

Congrats on the 5, Andrew.  Oh yeah, when the Okies sacked the quarterback and scored that last touchdown to seal the win, I did a "happy dance", lol.  Hope your 'big kid' evening works out for you.

Happy ski-ing, Baboon...and stay safe!   Sounds like you might need some of those windproof briefs, like Under Armour makes.

Hobbits don't get cold, do they Hobbit?

Sorry about the back and neck, Step, hope the massage helps.  Just run nice and easy for your 5-miler tomorrow.  Heck, to MAKE  yourself behave, pull a 'Scottydog" and take your camera with you and take photo breaks along the way.   Hope you feel better.

Basya, I bet your 'short speed workout" would equal one of my long slow runs, lol.

Good luck with the race tomorrow, Dave!  I am doing one too, the River Road 4-miler.  Now get this:  we participants got a message from the RD saying to dress appropriately 'for the cold'.   The race starts at 8 a.m. and the temp at that time, per our weather forecasters, will be 46 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 41.  Dress for the cold indeed!   Of course, for we South Texans, that IS cold for us, lol.

Dang, Lily, your wind temps are about as bad as Beth's!  I wouldn't go out either without a parka!  Guest from Toronto?  Sounds like you already have a guest...Jack Frost!  Kick him out soon so you get warmer!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

happylily

Hey Scotty, those are great pics! I really love how the bright colors of your running clothes contrast with the wintery like (for Texas :-)) background. Beautiful!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I can participate, it was 64F when I left the house, compared to 84F last night.  I have seen parkas today.

Nice pics, Scotty.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hey Scotty, those are great pics! I really love how the bright colors of your running clothes contrast with the wintery like (for Texas :-)) background. Beautiful!

Yeah, now if I could only do something about that ugly mug of mine...

happylily

Yeah, now if I could only do something about that ugly mug of mine...

Scotty, you have a most awesome, contagious smile. YOU make the pictures. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, glad to hear they are doing good.

Scotty, awesome pics and haha on the fur. For all you running on treadmills, I admire your willingness to run on those things - I would want a large screen t.v  in front of me if I am going to run more than 3 or 4 miles on one lol.

Stupid snow storm didn't do crap.......... of course we were at the very edge of it so, eh.

I've got  Bicycle Crunches planned today, 6 sets of 100 at least and I've already got 3 of those sets done this morning Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Everybody in Scotty's pics is wearing bib #1.  I'm calling shenanigans on that run.

<3

happylily

Everybody in Scotty's pics is wearing bib #1.  I'm calling shenanigans on that run.

LOL... you're right! I hadn't noticed!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Scotty, nice pics as always!

I'll stop by on Monday to participate in the "I'm the coldest" contest. We're in a relative heatwave right now at +10F, even though the wind chill is -10F. This is the warmest it's been in weeks. This winter has sucked.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do not want to compete with you in "I'm the Coldest" contest...... 

Scotty, nice pics as always!

I'll stop by on Monday to participate in the "I'm the coldest" contest. We're in a relative heatwave right now at +10F, even though the wind chill is -10F. This is the warmest it's been in weeks. This winter has sucked.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Shari, I hope that the massage helps.

Dave, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day. Good luck tomorrow!

scottydawg, I hope that your doctor's appointment goes well. Great race pics.

Lily, terrific ten-miler.

Crapt@stic. I won't be able to go to the gym. At least I can still do push-ups and ab work at home.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why can't you go to the gym?

PRs

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Scotty - this Hobbit does get cold, but I'll take the cold over the summer humidity. I was pretty comfortable once I got going. The wind chill got up to 9 when I went out which is downright balmy compared to what a lot of the other folks are dealing with!

With that said, I got 4.3 done in neighborhood loops, now on to a bunch of errands. Have a great Friday!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

lol.  Yes, that is always the way it is for our club New Year's Day run.  Everyone gets bib #1.  Except me.  I get bib -1.   

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - this Hobbit does get cold, but I'll take the cold over the summer humidity. I was pretty comfortable once I got going. The wind chill got up to 9 when I went out which is downright balmy compared to what a lot of the other folks are dealing with!

With that said, I got 4.3 done in neighborhood loops, now on to a bunch of errands. Have a great Friday!

scared smiley

I'd be hibernating all winter!