Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 27 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mitch, I hope your dad is OK.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!  I'm back from vacation, but of course I don't know which way is up yet.  Trying to get life sorted out and caught back up, which will probably take the rest of the week.  We had a lovely time, and I'll post up some pics when I get them uploaded -- Dropbox doesn't want to synch today.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

5 miles this morn and 1:35 plankety plank. Will be back later.

congrats on all the baby news!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Mmmmm...beer

Congrat Jimmy!!  On the spider front, we have a gigantic, and beautiful, black and yellow orb weaver that has setup home on the back door to the garage.  My youngest and I have been feeding it, yesterday's meal was a huge horsefly that we caught on the backporch. Smile

Looks just like this, and is probably about 3 inches long:

Mel, boo for testing! :P j/k  If he takes after me, he'll have no problems with tests, homework on the other hand, is a whole different story. lol

Mitch, don't I know it, we dropped our oldest off at college last week, I swear it was just last year he was getting on the bus for first grade!  Hope your dad is ok.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Singer who runs a smidge

<----- is completely creeped out by anything with more than 4 legs.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, some vacation pics!  And yes, it was really really nice ...

This is the view from our rental house.

The view from our rental house

Cape Meares, one of our day trips.

Mo's seafood lunch ... and WOW, was it good!

Buncha seals on the far shore.

Philliefan33

Yum, I love Mo's chowder.  Jeanette's, in Seaside, is even better!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am scared of spiders, so I scrolled down before the picture appeared, ha.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

I am scared of spiders, so I scrolled down before the picture appeared, ha.

You mean that picture? Joking

HM, looks like a great vacation!

I was always a critter hunter as a kid.  Used to catch snakes & lizards all the time, my 6'4" stepfather was deathly afraid of snakes, it's an interesting site to see a man that big scream like a little girl at the sight of a 4' long black rat snake that I had caught in the field and brought into the house. lol  In high school I would catch black widows out in the barn and bring them in for my biology teacher, he collected them.  I've caught a few in the garage here, we relocated them to the side of the house.  Spiders eat a lot of bugs, and we have a ton of bugs (it is technically a swamp afterall), so the more spiders the better I say, just not in the house. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tuesday is usually a running day for me, but after running Saturday and Sunday and then doing a very hilly 5-mile event yesterday, I think I will make today a rest day.    Plus, today will be another 100+ degree day.  All this week, actually!  Come on, Mother Nature, it's September already, start cooling off!

Here is the link to my report and photos for my event yesterday.  Very nice party after the run at a local winery.  I took nearly 100 photos!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5b61ecb9880a4321a13e89fb248e907e/resume#focus

Holidays for Sep 3 are Welsh Rarebit Day (Welsh rabbit; a dish made with a savoury sauce of melted cheese and various other ingredients);  Skyscraper Day; Football Day; and in Montana, it's "Running of the Sheep" Day...guess all the lonely cowboy bachelors will be at that one! Wink

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KIKvXPxL2aE/UC3rkq5qOgI/AAAAAAAAFKs/sWEuPPjG2do/s400/sheep+and+dog+cartoon.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice weather and nice running, Dave.   Yeah, I got to work this morning at 5:25 a.m...and already had 60 e-mails waiting for me, sheesh!

Dang, Kristin...good luck with work catch-up after 3 weeks off!

Keep up the streak, Jerry!  Have fun with your short run after work.

Congrats on the 9, Damaris, sorry about the not being able to breathe well, though, that sucks.  Literally!

Happy easy miles later, Dave!  Feeding spiders....you're braver than I am!

That sure sounds like ITB, Jimmy.  Break out the foam roller or The Stick.   I don't mind spiders, but not en masse...Shocked.   Congrats to you and yours on the coming new addition!

Those are great shoes, Jack!  I have 2 pairs of those, same color too. Altho I did put a different color pair of laces on one pair, so I could differentiate between the two.  I always 'name' my shoes in my log to keep track of the mileage on them.  These two pairs are "Clown 1" and "Clown 2" lol.   Good luck with your run later, hope yours work as great as mine do for me.

Due in October!  Not long to wait now, Bin!  Boy or girl?  Glad to hear your cough seems to be abating!

and found out that desolate road is called “Hell Hollow Road”.  Um, yeah, Margo...what that really BACON that guy was cooking? Wink  Sounds like a nice place to run, though...long as there are no mountain lions, bears, etc, that might suddenly come out and chase you.

Happy 1st day of school to you, Zelanie!  Good luck with the upcoming year!  I admire you...I don't have the patience at all to be a teacher.

Mitch, I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad, healing vibes to him and support vibes to you!  Sounds like you are doing well with your running, that's good to hear.  Hope you are feeling good yourself, buddy, with all you are dealing with.

Good luck with the catch-up, HsM!  Very nice photos - except for the seafood Tight lips -  looks like a beautiful place.

Congrats on the 5, Traci!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Scotty, anytime now. it's a girl. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm a dork, and sometimes after I add a new run to my training log I'll run that mileage report for the week and see where I'm at on the list.  I never thought that I'd see this....EVER!!!  I thought I had better cut and paste it.

So_Im_a_Runner 16.4 mi 2:18:42
                            Awood_Runner 16.2 mi 2:19:56

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I'm a dork, and sometimes after I add a new run to my training log I'll run that mileage report for the week and see where I'm at on the list.  I never thought that I'd see this....EVER!!!  I thought I had better cut and paste it.

So_Im_a_Runner 16.4 mi 2:18:42
                              Awood_Runner 16.2 mi 2:19:56

Awood: I have my first 16 miler scheduled for Sunday. I hope my time compares with yours.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That's actually my miles for this week.  I just know that he ran 400 miles last month and is a lot faster than me.  So, to see similar miles so far this week, and a similar time surprised me.  I'm assuming that his includes recovery pace.  Mine includes a 5K...lol

Awood: I have my first 16 miler scheduled for Sunday. I hope my time compares with yours.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013