Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: If you don't have something nice to say about the weather, don't say anything. (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

Umm....I got nothin'.

Going to run outside today, dammit. But maybe wait till later when the windchill goes >0.

Oh yeah, and good morning.

Dave

LRB

Hip Redux

It was 3 degrees when I woke up this morning.

Nope, nothing here either.

Just B.S.

That ^^^^^^^  Feels like of -5 here (not complaining, just sayin'

OK I do have something nice. It's Winterlude in Ottawa where our son lives and goes to school. He works

part time in tourism and is helping with the activities. It has been perfect for them Smile

My double of the day is scheduled to be 90 minutes moderate on spin bike followed by a 5 mile run.

Still recovering from the double yesterday that started at 6 am with the swim and ended at 6 pm with the run

and a full day of work in the middle . Feeling old today.. 

Guess it didn't help that I stayed up until midnight watching the ceremonies .

Note to self: need more sleep after 50, I either keep forgetting that I need more sleep or that I am over 50 Smile

Enjoy this first full day of Olympic coverage. I know I will!!!

LRB

Note to self: need more sleep after 50, I either keep forgetting that I need more sleep or that I am over 50 Smile

Sleep seems to find me no matter where I am these days.  lol

'Sup crew!  I am halfway through my morning cup which means I will be bundling up soon to get out there and do some kind of run.  My past two Saturday speed work sessions were aborted because of footing and I ran easy instead.  This one seems aborted in my head already and I have not stepped one foot outside yet!

But alas, there are only three weeks to go until March 1, which means absolutely nothing, I just like saying it. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's so fucking hot and humid there is still dense fog around here.

Oops, wrong topic.  A bike ride later today and some miles if I have time.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Happy Saturday!  I SAID HAPPY SATURDAY!

13.1 on the treadmill in 1:45:23 including five miles at GMP.  Got lots of chores to go today.  Wife has started tax season, so I'll be flying solo for the next 12 Saturdays.

<3

LRB

Just went out to warm up the car (there's a pun in there somewhere) and it is so bitterly cold out it does not make sense!  Aye!

I need to seriously find a positive thought and hang on to that mutha f**** for dear life while I make this drive to my loop!  lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

7.2 miles. Now at the puppy pool

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

About to head out for 4 miles. The weather is sunny and 25 today. I mean....another snow storm is coming but TODAY I don't have any complaints about the weather!

I am meeting my parents in Manhattan to the hospital where my cousin's wife is today. We probably can't see her as she is in critical and can't really have visitors aside from my cousin, her parents, her siblings....but my cousin could use some company.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Kristin, continued prayers for your cousin's wife. You have a good family.

20 miles after my coffee. Unsure how it will go.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

Not cold, but still pouring rain here.  I was going to slog around outside, then I remembered the Olympics were on, so I think I do my long run on the TM this afternoon and watch the coverage.   Owning a TM has turned me into a weather wimp.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Snow, cold and ice. Temperature from the moment I stepped out the door at 5:30 to when I got back into house at 10 AM - 16 degrees and snow.

Rocky and I got up and out the door by 5:30 AM to get in 7.5 miles before I had to head to USI for the Hearts on Fire 5k, my tummy was giving me issues. We ran 7.5 in 1:19:34, my legs were seriously sore and I have no idea how or why Sad

I dropped Rocky off at home, strapped Dorian into his high chair and gave him cereal, kissed him and then kissed DH bye bye (who wished me luck) and headed out the door to USI.

I got there with plenty of time for another small run, I had no intentions of trying to PR at this race, 1: I am kind of tired of the small distance races (and obsessed with longer distances now), 2: the course was slick and the snow was just coming down. 3: my legs were mysteriously sore and I don't know why!

I did an easy run of 2.5 miles in 26:17 all while trying not to bust my ass on the ice.... success.

Heading to the starting line, I saw Lee (theKl0wn) and blamed him for the weather because he predicted great weather for the race last weekend - and he jinxed it.

I wasn't expecting a finish time faster than 30 minutes, and I was alright with that. I had already ran 10 miles this morning before the race, it was snowing and wet and icy and slick so I had planned on just including this race as part of my long run. I finished the 5k in 26:40 with an average pace of 8:34, not a PR but I was very surprised and pleased. Smile

The rest of today will consist of pure laziness 

Edit:

Official Finish time: 26:35 (average pace of 8:34 min/mile)

Overall: 121st/446

Female: 28th/248

F25-29: 4th of 39

Damn, 3 places away from 1st place in AG! I might have pushed a little harder had I known that lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

FreeSoul -- great job racing in those conditions!  Well done.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Andrea!

Kristin, I am sure he could use the company.  He will appreciate it.

Damaris