Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: If you don't have something nice to say about the weather, don't say anything. (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks guys.

Kristin I hope all goes well with your cousin's wife, I wouldn't even know how to console somebody going through this with a loved one Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

It's nice out here (43 and sunny) but I do all my running at the gym these days.  Gotta keep the miles short and combine w/ cardio nonsense.  But now that the Olympics are on, I'll have something to watch.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Zelanie

Here's something nice- our weather is setting all-time records!  The official total snowfall since Thursday is 18", which breaks the previous record by 6".  We usually get 1-2", max, maybe once a year.  Today we're supposed to get freezing rain off and on.  That's sort of made a crust over the ice, so one of my dogs refuses to go out in it.  We'll have to keep an eye on her today. 

We're supposed to expect power outages today, so I should really get over to the gym (1/4 mile walk over the snowice) to do my 12.  Any minute now, I'm going to start getting ready.  Really.

Dave, LRB- Morning!  I realize that I'm just getting a taste of normal winter for you guys.

Oski- Hiya!

Beth- Hope you enjoy the double once you get out there.

D- Morning!

Phil- Nice run!  Would have been a HM PR for me. 

Marjorie- Say hi to the pups for me.

Julie- I bet you rock your 20 miler today.  You are so strong!

kristin- Hugs.

OOTB- Hope the LR goes well today!  I cheated and moved some of today's LR miles to my easy days this week.

FreeSoul- Awesome job!

jjs- Hoping for a good run for you today!

Ric-G

kristin - continued prayers for your cousin's wife

free - great job today

simple 9 miles this AM...chores and indoor rock climbing on tap....have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Z, so yesterday she was a submarine and today she's out of commission not wanting to pee outside?

Damaris

Zelanie

Z, so yesterday she was a submarine and today she's out of commission not wanting to pee outside?

Yeah, she can't figure out how to even walk on it now that it was a crusty top instead of a powdery one.

LRB

My past two Saturday speed work sessions were aborted because of footing and I ran easy instead. 

Make that three in a row!  lol

Although today I was able to manage something close to marathon pace for 5 miles after a 1.6 mile warmup, which felt just lovely!

8.1 miles total and now I am off to the theater for some of that thin crust deliciousness I am always yakin' about.  Today's feature, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

Peace! 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Cloudy, 45 degrees - there, I said something about the weather! Smile

Afternoon, Dailies!

Out for 3.5 today. In terms of wind, I felt like I had run 13.1 miles but I really only ran 3.5. Felt good to get out there and put some miles on, after a rather inactive week.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

DavePNW

9 degrees with -1 windchill. Oh yeah? 20 miles. Take that. Avg pace 9:18; mile 20 at 8:30.

I have been itching to bust out a 20 for a while, and today actually had some of the most agreeable weekend conditions in a while. Because at least a lot of the snow has been cleared, and although cold, it was not super-windy.

Now looking forward to vegging out & watching some olympics. After a ridiculously long, hot shower.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - Continued prayers. I'm sure just having family there will be a comfort and distraction for your cousin. It is good that you can be there for him.

FS - Congrats on a solid race after so many "warm-up" miles!

16+ miles on the day for me: 3+ pre-race, 5-mile race, and 8 more to finish it out. I am amazed that I only feel tired today, because DH & I had a GREAT night out with friends last night. Wine tasting (probably had the equivalent of 3 glasses there), then dinner, where between 6 of us we finished off three more bottles of wine. Didn't get home until nearly midnight, but I was up at 5:30, and made it to the race site to start my run by 7. This was the final race of a 3-part series. The first two I ran in 43:24 and 43:23, but I actually dropped more than a minute this time to finish in 42:06 - still only about :20 faster than my goal marathon pace for this spring, but as part of a long run, I'll take it.

Re: the weather? Something nice? It's above freezing now? Does that count? The windchill isn't, but the air temp is.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

My usual 7 mile loop - 2nd fastest time ever, with the fastest being from Nov 2012.  Today was just an easy run, I didn't push it (not that I ever really do )

MRA on Tuesday for my hip/groin and I can't wait. It barked at me the whole damn time.  Would like to figure out WTF is wrong already.

Cupcake time!

happylily

Stopping by quickly to record my run before I shower and get some lunch: 20 miles done, overall pace 7:52, 10 of them at GMP. No break, no fuel, no hydration. It was a nice 11C and the sun was streaming through the window. Beautiful day!  Now off to wash...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Montreal is representing well with the Dufour-Lapointe sisters in the moguls. Gold and silver, woohoo!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Stopping by quickly to record my run before I shower and get some lunch: 20 miles done, overall pace 7:52, 10 of them at GMP. No break, no fuel, no hydration. It was a nice 11C and the sun was streaming through the window. Beautiful day!  Now off to wash...

Nice run! Leave it to you to outdo my first 20-miler in forever.  I also had no fuel or hydration. I was actually planning on it, for a change - I had a Gu in my jacket pocket, and a bottle filled with water set by the front door. Where it stayed when I left. And a number of times I thought about taking the Gu, but figured I would regret it without water.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I don't know how you (and Dave) can do 20 with no water. I did 16, with two breaks for at least a couple ounces of water, and I am still getting a dehydration headache now. They don't hit me until a few hours after a run, but if I don't get enough water during a long run, my head feels like it is being split later in the day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.