Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: If you don't have something nice to say about the weather, don't say anything. (Read 43 times)

LRB

A nice carry out dinner from Logan's Roadhouse - Mesquite Wood Grilled Chicken with two sides of Sweet potato fries.

I love sweet potatoes but do not like sweet potato fries.  Maybe I had a bad batch but I tried them once and that was one too many times for me!

StepbyStep-SH

A nice carry out dinner from Logan's Roadhouse - Mesquite Wood Grilled Chicken with two sides of Sweet potato fries. Now for some Jim Beam Hardcore Cider. 

Is that a hard apple cider? I'm always looking to try new ones - I might have to watch for it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB - I have had bad ones... normally the store bought ones that you heat up in the oven but I have yet to have any bad ones from a restaurant, though I would like to make my own.

Step - It is delicious! Remember this - - - - Jim Beam's Red Stag Hardcore Cider.

It's got a serious kick to it, but a delicious aftertaste. Though I still have to chase it down with some Cran-Grape or Cran-Cherry juice.

Is that a hard apple cider? I'm always looking to try new ones - I might have to watch for it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

I love sweet potatoes but do not like sweet potato fries.  Maybe I had a bad batch but I tried them once and that was one too many times for me!

I make kick ass sweet potato fries!  Use japanese yams and nuke them in the microwave for 5-6 minutes.  That helps dry them out a bit.  Then slice and toss with some olive oil and then finish in the oven.  They come out nice and crisp!  I hate soggy sweet potato fries.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I usually like mine completely plain, thought some places like TGI Friday's puts umm.... pepper or something on their's. It's not bad, but I normally like mine just plain. Smile

I have had 5 shots of this cider heaven, and I am feeling pretty damn good!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I make kick ass sweet potato fries!  Use japanese yams and nuke them in the microwave for 5-6 minutes.  That helps dry them out a bit.  Then slice and toss with some olive oil and then finish in the oven.  They come out nice and crisp!  I hate soggy sweet potato fries.

I love you.  :-D

Ice Ice Dailies, dun dun dun dunnadunndunn.

Beth - Canadian Olympic coverage > American, always

Free - nice race, so close to AG bling.

Zelanie - excellent, happy Buffalo weather to you Smile

DaveP - beast!

Lily - great 20

Beth - that should be a great adventure no matter what you decide to do.

Oski - Japanese yams?  Mental image of crazy guys in bandanas yelling and chopping up tubers with ginsu knives at a suicidal pace.

11.5 easy, watching hockey whilst on the TM.  Then 5 on the bike, which surprisingly kicked my ass a little bit.  I hear that there's a pool at the Y too Wink

Just B.S.

Ice Ice Dailies, dun dun dun dunnadunndunn.

Beth - Canadian Olympic coverage > American, always

11.5 easy, watching hockey whilst on the TM.  Then 5 on the bike, which surprisingly kicked my ass a little bit.  I hear that there's a pool at the Y too Wink

Jay glad you agree on the coverage issue, so true.

Re the brick, I always imagine that people think "no big deal" when I post about my "doubles" that I do some

version of  pretty much every day now. Today was 20 miles bike, hop off go to treadmill and run 5 miles. Not 

As easy as it sounds especially when the miles are longer.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Wow this thread got long.... I will try to go back and read it but I am very tired.

Quick update: My parents and I got to the hospital, and as soon as we got there, my cousin's wife began breathing on her own. They took her off life support and she woke up! She was cognizant and talking and fully awake for the first time since this all started last week! She was awake and talking....even laughing and making jokes. She is doing so much better! Unfortunately she has no memory of the last 2 years of her life though. She knows who my cousin is but does not remember their wedding and didn't know they were married (they recently celebrated their 2 year anniversary). She does not remember that she has a baby Sad they showed her pictures of her daughter and she thinks she is cute but doesn't know she is hers Sad The short term memory may return though, and if it doesn't I guess there are worse things in the world than forgetting 2 years of your life. She is awake and her vitals are stable, that is what matters most!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

Oh wow, Kristin.  I'm so glad she seems to be doing better, but the loss of memory... that has to be scary for her. Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh wow, Kristin.  I'm so glad she seems to be doing better, but the loss of memory... that has to be scary for her. Sad

Yeah she was a bit frustrated. I mean....imagine waking up in a hospital and finding out you're married and have a baby?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow this thread got long.... I will try to go back and read it but I am very tired.

Quick update: My parents and I got to the hospital, and as soon as we got there, my cousin's wife began breathing on her own. They took her off life support and she woke up! She was cognizant and talking and fully awake for the first time since this all started last week! She was awake and talking....even laughing and making jokes. She is doing so much better! Unfortunately she has no memory of the last 2 years of her life though. She knows who my cousin is but does not remember their wedding and didn't know they were married (they recently celebrated their 2 year anniversary). She does not remember that she has a baby Sad they showed her pictures of her daughter and she thinks she is cute but doesn't know she is hers Sad The short term memory may return though, and if it doesn't I guess there are worse things in the world than forgetting 2 years of your life. She is awake and her vitals are stable, that is what matters most!!!!

Sad that she does not remember her husband and daughter, but hope she recovers from her ordeal.  The other stuff (the memory) she'll deal with it like the champ she is, I am sure.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wow, Kristin, that's crazy!!  I can speak from a little experience where my in laws had a horrible motorcycle accident a few years ago.  Father-in-law took the worst of it & was in a coma for a few weeks.  He came to & still lost some of the shortest short-term memory but pretty much all of his long-term memory came back and the middle short-term mostly returned also.  I'd say that over time, chances are she'll get some of that back, if not all but 2 years is a pretty good spread and from what *I* remember for my FIL, it works its way backwards from long to short.

And regardless, yes, I'd agree with you that even if not, being alive is a good thing & hopefully she still thinks your cousin is a good pick to marry.

Randy

happylily

I'm so happy to hear that she's well. Sad to hear about the loss of memory, though. But like Randy said, she could get some of it back. She will need some sort of therapy to deal with the changes in her life that took place in the last 2 years and that have been forgotten. One day you're single, then you wake up and you're a mother... wow...  The brain is amazing though, it will find a way to cope.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have heard lots of stories about memory loss following brain trauma and then later it coming back....so I do hope that is the case. I am glad that happened for your FIL, redrum!