Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

How's everyone doing?

I'm just twiddling my thumbs, biding my time, and running what I can at the moment.  Less than 3 months to go.

Running is dumb.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm caught up in the usual Christmas flurry ... and I refuse to add to my stress level by beating myself up for not doing squats.  So I'll do a restart once things settle down a bit.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hip Redux

Remarkably, I'm doing better.  Aside from tweaking my back a little Sunday, that is. But the adductor has stayed quiet for almost a full week now, maybe I've turned a corner?  Did I just jinx myself?

I contemplated even signing up for a race or two in 2014!  EEK.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oski good news!!

Mandy still the groin injury or something different?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

So I registered for a half marathon... fingers crossed I make it to the starting line in one piece!

Speaking of which, my ITBS knee is acting up again.  It's been off and on for most of the year, but now it seems like it's mostly on the last few days.  What's weird is that it hurts when I stand or like now - just sitting down - but seems ok when I run.    When I roll, there's like this... lump?.... on my ITB.  It's like a friggin speed bump on my outer thigh. lol  I assume that's the problem so let's hope I can roll it away.

Nevrgivup

Shit shit shit. Either my si joint is out of place or my piriformis is unbelievably tight. Have had sciatica pain since my deep tissue massage Thursday and I haven't run since. Sitting in the doctors office now. Need physical therapy asap. Its freaking painful! Will be most likely swimming all week. Sad Its been awhile since I've been in the pool.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Wish I had access to a pool.  Everybody & their brother & sister has been telling me.....SWIM, SWIM, SWIM!!   It's winter for crying outloud and I don't know where the heck an indoor pool IS out here, much less whether I could even have access to it!

Randy

Nevrgivup

Wish I had access to a pool.  Everybody & their brother & sister has been telling me.....SWIM, SWIM, SWIM!!   It's winter for crying outloud and I don't know where the heck an indoor pool IS out here, much less whether I could even have access to it!

I love the pool! I actually took lessons last year to learn the proper and efficient way to swim. I'm out of practice, but its like riding a bike and it is so good for cross-training when bumps like this come up. It will keep me in enough shape so that I don't lose much if any fitness by taking a week off of running. Better that this happened now and not later into my marathon training.

Hip Redux

I love the pool! I actually took lessons last year to learn the proper and efficient way to swim. I'm out of practice, but its like riding a bike and it is so good for cross-training when bumps like this come up. It will keep me in enough shape so that I don't lose much if any fitness by taking a week off of running. Better that this happened now and not later into my marathon training.

What did the dr say?

Red- no Y near you?  They usually have pools.

Nevrgivup

Basically everything I knew. Sciatica. The massage aggravated my si joint piriformis. I could diagnose myself as a future NP. I just needed the meds. Got a script fora  muscle relaxer and I'll take it easy this week. It feels better the more I move around.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Basically everything I knew. Sciatica. The massage aggravated my si joint piriformis. I could diagnose myself as a future NP. I just needed the meds. Got a script fora  muscle relaxer and I'll take it easy this week. It feels better the more I move around.

Better living through chemistry!

Nevrgivup

Better living through chemistry!

Haha. Actually I haven't taken the medication yet. I hate not knowing how they will make me feel so I'll probably take only half the dose. I don't even like taking Tylenol.

Nevrgivup

Bumping this thread as I'm going on week 1 of not running due to this sciatica thing. Monday I have a PT appointment and it can't come quick enough. It is Christmas and I am in pain and sad because I haven't run. This is the beginning of my freaking marathon training. Am I whining? Yes. Being on the IRL sucks especially since I am supposed to be running Boston in 17 weeks. I need a CHRISTMAS miracle. LOL. Just looking for sympathy. Have a great day all.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

(((Hugs to Hilary))) I know how excited you are about Boston and I hope you can start your training soon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Nevrgivup

(((Hugs to Hilary))) I know how excited you are about Boston and I hope you can start your training soon!

Thank you Kristin! It helps so much to have support from you guys and other runners that get it. Marion is telling me to shut the computer down. LOL. as I google all there is to know. If all else fails, I get more acquainted with the pool again. Not a passion like running, but I did have loads of fun last winter while swimming a few days a week.  Injuries suck, but I have always had a positive outlook from each and every one of them that I've had. Hugs back at you Kristin!