Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Nipple Freaking Cold (Read 50 times)

cjones1

First run after 4 straight URD's.  Also first time in the more miles than degrees club.  6.4miles and 4 degrees and 6 inches of snow on the ground.  The roads were pretty packed down though.  Luckily, my subdivision is a half mile circle, so I just ran laps there so never got too far away from home.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Baboon

delicate flower

And a crap load of punch-keys are indeed in the building! 

I'll take one.

<3

onemile

Whatcha say there, Jack and Jane Frost!  Treadmill progression run before work this morning.  Since I felt like I didn't push hard enough in my last couple of these workouts, my coach said to really test myself this morning.  He said to go hard and hang on the best I could, so did this run with that in mind.  60 minutes, increasing the intensity every 10 minutes.  Mile splits:

7:56

7:08

7:14

6:58

6:44

6:38

6:30

6:21

6:17 (.7 miles)

8.7 miles at 6:54 pace.  That was a hard effort, especially the last 20 minutes (5K pace is 6:33).  I am happy that my legs are tired but nothing hurts.  Now I can work late today and not worry about having to get this run in.

Coffee time.

Nice paces.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Slap people, no, break contracts, yes. But I won't do it because I have a loyalty to the children I work with... Lots of bottled up anger, though.

That sucks Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

There is water coming into my house and so I'm panicking a wee bit D: No more winter please!!

Kid is home with a sitter for the next few days so I'll be on the treadmill dealing with my stress and then trying to get some work done.

LRB

I'll take one.

You can have mine. Better hurry though, the peeps in my office are elites when it comes to gobbling up goodies.

Baboon

delicate flower

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I will not be braving the snow today, but only because I need to run fast, and I don't mess with that in the snow/ice.  I found out that the gym closest to my house does $5 day passes, so I will be running there this afternoon.  I may even get a membership, have to check the place out first, but it's only $11/month with no contract (Fitness19).  If I need to treadmill more than three times a month, then it's worth it.

Great run Phil!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

I like to look at it periodically without fidgeting with my jacket or long sleeves

Yeah, well of course, when I wear it under my jacket, those are "blind" runs mostly. I just wear the watch to keep track of what I did afterwards.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, well of course, when I wear it under my jacket, those are "blind" runs mostly. I just wear the watch to keep track of what I did afterwards.

If I run trails, I have no problem putting it under the sleeves or gloves but for some odd reason I don't want to when I am on roads.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

For some odd reason, I had more fun last year in this crap. Even when it was a wind chill of -7 I still had fun, hell Rocky had fun but this year just sucks........

As with a lot of things running related the novelty wears off and it becomes a chore. I can sing a similar song about me and long runs.

That's an interesting workout Cy. I am guessing it's a ladder of some sort.  Report back with the deets of that bad boy.

The rest will serve you well Dan.

Enjoy the 7 Damaris. Your race outfit was fly by the way!

Boon that is just sick, ergo you are sick. Keep that illness up and your marathon is going to feel like a jog son!

Hi Little Blue! Well the hell is your basement? Antarctica? lol Once you break into a sweat it will feel heavenly.

That is great to hear DP! I see a big fat 70 in your future.

Hi lil. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there are a fair share of snits in society. One or two is enough as it is, but to seemingly get them all in one serving though can be a bit much, hang in there sweetie!

Nice run CJ. It must feel good to be back. That's a great idea running the sub!

'Sup J. What type of quality do we have on tap this week? Or have you received them yet?

Water and winter do not mix Lauren. Hopefully all ends well!

$5 is more than reasonable for a day pass Dave. Not the $20 I was asked to fork over. !$#%^& &^*+

What up doe BP. I am looking forward to seeing you slice that progression run up for reals!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As with a lot of things running related the novelty wears off and it becomes a chore. I can sing a similar song about me and long runs.

Well, last year I was pumped and feeling badass..... this year not so much, I feel like I am struggling with keeping from a full blown injury, losing mileage, freezing my eyeballs out. This blows 

PRs

onemile

Yes, yes, yes.

Running in the cold and dark and snow is fun when it's new.  And you feel badass.  Once that newness wears off you just feel like a dumbass.

Long runs are fun when they are the furthest you've ever run and they are a challenge to complete.  After that they are boring.

I used to always want to run and run more. Now I've had my fill and I wish I didn't have to run so much.  

B-Plus

That's an interesting workout Cy. I am guessing it's a ladder of some sort.  Report back with the deets of that bad boy.

The rest will serve you well Dan.

Enjoy the 7 Damaris. Your race outfit was fly by the way!

Boon that is just sick, ergo you are sick. Keep that illness up and your marathon is going to feel like a jog son!

Hi Little Blue! Well the hell is your basement? Antarctica? lol Once you break into a sweat it will feel heavenly.

That is great to hear DP! I see a big fat 70 in your future.

Hi lil. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there are a fair share of snits in society. One or two is enough as it is, but to seemingly get them all in one serving though can be a bit much, hang in there sweetie!

Nice run CJ. It must feel good to be back. That's a great idea running the sub!

'Sup J. What type of quality do we have on tap this week? Or have you received them yet?

Water and winter do not mix Lauren. Hopefully all ends well!

$5 is more than reasonable for a day pass Dave. Not the $20 I was asked to fork over. !$#%^& &^*+

Nice job on the shoutouts. Now I wish I posted earlier. I will either be doing a 10-mile progression (14 total) or heading for a group track workout.

Cyberic

Workout was very doable. I cut down on the 2 Miles w/u and c/d, made them 10 minutes, but did the workout as precribed.

What killed me (noticed afterwards) is that since I was lapping on a square track with somewhat rounded corners, but nothing like an oval track, the hip of my inside leg is sore.  There were people on the track and couldn't always follow the optimal line.  Hopefully it's just a "rest of the day" soreness.

So the workout was 10 min w/u + 2 x (8 x 190m w/190m jog) w/760m jog + 10 min c/d

I did not upload the workout yet, so don't know the exact numbers.