Beginners and Beyond

Thread for People Who Are P****d Off and Just Want to Rant a Little (Read 153 times)

Time to break this out again, but with a twist -- apparently the clergy at this church in my hometown of West Seneca have a sense of humor and put up a real version of the oft-photoshopped meme.

Stop praying for snow

14 holy helpers

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Pissed when:

Having a sit down matter of fact meeting about a project, the insane deadline and the absolute impossibility of making the deadline. After going through each sheet/step applying time/manhours required and getting that total and all agreeing that even working literally 24 hours a day we can not make the deadline.

And then! pointing out no less than 13 instances and problems that have not even been previously addressed and stating that time has not been allocated to them in the calculations.

The entire team and project lead agrees about the outcome the response is...

"I know, but we just have to do it."

MFr do you understand anything?!?!?

If I were an angry person and a little less concerned about jails, I would consider punching a MFr in the throat. Repeatedly...

(BTW getting 3-5 hours a sleep a night for 3 weeks is seriously impacting my training... and that really pisses me off)

onemile

-14, feels like -35 out.  Fuck winter.

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is exactly how I am feeling right now.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

That is exactly how I am feeling right now.

And honestly, it is not the cold temps so much as the mounds and layers of weeks old un-shoveled snow and ice, which makes running over it completely impractical.

If the sidewalks were even remotely clear, best believe I would out there gettin' my groove on!  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's the complete opposite for me, I'd rather 25-30 degrees with snow instead of -8 degrees, windy and wet. Sad

And honestly, it is not the cold temps so much as the mounds and layers of weeks old un-shoveled snow and ice, which makes running over it completely impractical.

If the sidewalks were even remotely clear, best believe I would out there gettin' my groove on!  

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

LRB

It's the complete opposite for me, I'd rather 25-30 degrees with snow instead of -8 degrees, windy and wet. Sad

I just said cold.  Wind, wet and cold is an entirely separate conversation.

RSX

Shoveling sidewalks is always one of my pet peaves. When I was little my dad always insisted on shoveling that first because he was afraid someone would sue us, so maybe that raised my awareness. As a runner I can't run our city streets that easily without spending a lot of time on the sidewalks. The worst offenders live on a bus line so people walk that area a lot.

LRB

Shoveling sidewalks is always one of my pet peaves.

It is right up there with taking out the trash, mowing the lawn or doing laundry.  It is not something to be discussed or debated, ya just do it man!  >:-/

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Freezing cold is still aggravating, even if just by itself. A few times of running in weather less than 7 degrees isn't awful, but I am just tired of it and I think it is beginning to affect my moods... Sad things begin to reach 30s to 40s and then BAM! right back into the single digits. Sunday was a high of 56 degrees, beautiful though really windy and then bam Monday is barely 10 degrees.... it is freaking bullshit and driving me insane.

I just said cold.  Wind, wet and cold is an entirely separate conversation.

PRs

LRB

Sunday was a high of 56 degrees, beautiful though really windy and then bam Monday is barely 10 degrees.... it is freaking bullshit and driving me insane.

Hmm, you should probably check out this thread then.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smartass 

Hmm, you should probably check out this thread then.

PRs

Dad on the run.

Well my fucking heat pump sucks major ass and can't keep our house warm. I look at the heat pump next door and the unit is much larger than mine and my house is probably twice the square footage. Both units installed by the same contractor that built both our houses... Seriously WTF?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They don't like you, but seriously try and stay warm.

Well my fucking heat pump sucks major ass and can't keep our house warm. I look at the heat pump next door and the unit is much larger than mine and my house is probably twice the square footage. Both units installed by the same contractor that built both our houses... Seriously WTF?

PRs