Beginners and Beyond

Thread for People Who Are P****d Off and Just Want to Rant a Little (Read 153 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Why the heck do people sign up for the 2014 in 2014 miles game, post the first two weeks, and then stop posting? This is a 52 week commitment and you can't even make it to week 3?! Gone with you I say.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why the heck do people sign up for the 2014 in 2014 miles game, post the first two weeks, and then stop posting? This is a 52 week commitment and you can't even make it to week 3?! Gone with you I say.

Yes, from your admin, fuck yes!

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Houses the same age?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

22MPH head wind.  Blows! and my boys get cold too.  I don't like it.

I don't like it even more when It also includes a 1/2 mile uphill...

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I'm paying for a Y membership so I can run inside when it's shitty outside. They've been opening late and closing early due to the icy conditions we've had this week. I haven't run since Monday because the sidewalks and greenways are an icy mess, and the stupid Y has been closed.

Tonight, I run! Outside! I shall also have a beer. Fuck you, winter!

RSX

Exactly why I don't do it. I was in 1 at work, and got these automatic messages 'don't give up' etc . I did the mileage but hated converting to steps so I posted 3 weeks of miles at different times. The less people to yell at me the better.

Please pardon TMI that follows:

I began taking a B-complex supplement. Now, my urine is a shade of yellow that shouldn't exist in nature. WTH? Now, I can neither tell whether or not I'm properly hydrated, nor use urine color as an indicator of whether r not I'm coming down with something.

LRB

Please pardon TMI that follows:

That is completely normal, there might be a strong ass scent as well.  Think, asparagus pee.  ;-)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am pissed at drivers.  Five today in 6 miles that almost killed me.  Red means STOP, asshole.

Damaris

That really sucks, Damaris.

Rick, no cloudiness or odor.

RSX

4 showers at the gym in the morning. I get that I'm paying $10 a month so know that there will be waits some days, but only an a-hole heads for the showers with a gym bag. The more time you spend changing in there as opposed to I don't know the locker room, the longer wait time.

There is a big sign no powder etc. I walk in the locker room, and that crap is all over the floor.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

4 showers at the gym in the morning. I get that I'm paying $10 a month so know that there will be waits some days, but only an a-hole heads for the showers with a gym bag. The more time you spend changing in there as opposed to I don't know the locker room, the longer wait time.

Yep, I see this all the time.

I can't remember where I heard it but places like Planet Fitness and other clubs are making smaller locker rooms because people not only don't like changing in a locker room, but some skip the whole shower thing all together. They just show up in their sweats, do their thing, then drive home in their sweats.

I don't want to be buck ass naked in front of other people either, so I just bring my undershirt and underwear with me to the shower. Throw those on, grab my towel, soap, shampoo and dirty clothes and head to my locker.

- Andrew

DavePNW

I can't remember where I heard it but places like Planet Fitness and other clubs are making smaller locker rooms because people not only don't like changing in a locker room, but some skip the whole shower thing all together. They just show up in their sweats, do their thing, then drive home in their sweats.

Don't any of these people have to go to work afterwards?

I do go to a Planet Fitness, and they only have 4 showers, but usually not a problem. However one time recently they were full & there was one guy behind me. I took my shower & came out, the same guy was still standing there. I was last in & first out (yes I used soap), I told the guy I have no idea what those other guys were doing in there - shaving their legs maybe?

Now, when I am at home, after a long run outside in the cold & snow, you do not want to be waiting in line after me for that shower. Or expecting to use hot water for anything else for that matter.

Dave

PADRunner

Well my half towel is thrown in.

My first was canceled due to an ice storm. Now my second went from a bad knee, bad toe and now I'm sick.

It's Not the flu, DR. said possible beginning  sinus infection. I don't think so, headache back ache chest ache and chills.

I got a steroid shot and antibiotics, but unless a miracle happens in the next 30hrs I'm out.

Don't think I have it in me to go through the training gain. My body's just too old and f'd up for this shit.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Oh man!

royal suckage Pad.

Go out to Cowtown dressed to run. Let race day guide you, fight til the end buddy!