Beginners and Beyond

I bought this today (Read 106 times)

happylily

So that's your secret to running fast marathons; you run fast to get through the embarrassment quicker.

LOL...

I would not say I ever run "fast", but yes, I feel embarrassment while racing as well. I think about how people from behind me can see my left foot dragging and turned inward. I think about how my face must look, all twisted under the effort, with my mouth open to help me breath better, looking like an idiot. If I could wear huge sunglasses that covered half of my face, I would. And also the loud breathing. I can't stand other people around me grunting and making strange noises, and I can hardly stand listening to myself as well. So yes, let's get this whole unpleasant business over, as soon as possible!

Oski, I'm sure that you manage to look commanding and dignified when you are going around on your ElliptGo. I bet you even wave to your adoring subjects! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You will need to keep us updated on what kind of strange comments you get!  But I am so excited for you!!  How fast do you wind up going?  Bike speed?

Running is dumb.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Did you get the clips?

You people have issues 

Hip Redux

Lily - right now the thing takes so much balance that I can't take a hand off the handle bars!  So no waving!

Mandy - I did 9mph yesterday on the gravel rail trail.  People report bike speeds though - 15-16mph.

Fsocks - you mean the toe clip thingies?  Didn't.  So far it doesn't seem to be an issue but I see a lot of people recommending them.

Birdwell

LOL

Yes, Lily, you move when you pedal the elliptical!   And you are a good foot taller than standing too, so you basically feel like an awkward giant when you pass people.

Dean Karnazes, The Greatest UltraMarathon Runner the World Has Ever Seen!  also uses it, supposedly.  So I am totally going to be knocking out those ultras in no time.

FYP

LRB

LOL.  Well, just because it's on the internet does not mean I need to search for it.

No I meant that you had not seen it already, it has been advertised all over the place with Meb looking like  'dweeb on it ( a fast 'dweeb that is).

There was even a celebrity race on them that BP alluded to, a 1 mile race I believe.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No I meant that you had not seen it already, it has been advertised all over the place with Meb looking like  'dweeb on it ( a fast 'dweeb that is).

There was even a celebrity race on them that BP alluded to, a 1 mile race I believe.

Yeah, but advertised where?  I barely go to RWOL and I don't watch TV (I barely have time for HBO and other shit like Netflix).  Where would I hear about it when Miami is so NOT running oriented?   Court? 

Damaris

LRB

Yeah, but advertised where?  I barely go to RWOL and I don't watch TV (I barely have time for HBO and other shit).  Where would I hear about it when Miami is so NOT running oriented? 

You ask such tough questions.  I give up, you win.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And I said I have never seen one not never heard OF one!

Damaris

LRB

And I said I have never seen one not never heard OF one!

I see it all the time in my Competitor Running feed and in Running Times the magazine for certain.

Hip Redux

Will you two stop bickering in MY thread?

GEEZ.

LRB

Will you two stop bickering in MY thread?

GEEZ.

Well I have already proclaimed her the winner, I just had to get that last point in. 

B-Plus

Hip Redux

This is in your state:

http://www.endofsummerclassic.com/elliptigo

It's one state over but drivable - BUT I have school that weekend. Sad

Don't call me Buttercup!

So those are really real, hu?  Fun!  I hope you enjoy it.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!