Beginners and Beyond

Feb-U-Stop with the Numbers!! Dailies (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In my defense I was trying to multitask and forgot there is an R before the U  

BUT I am glad I could so many 😇

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

14 done.

14 nicely done!  Was the running group as big as last week?

Baboon

delicate flower

SRD

<3

RunningOnSand

I can only hope but I'm not expecting it.    Forecast does show some chance of sun tomorrow afternoon, with a high around 45, but I'll be long done with my run by then.  Enjoy the sun there today!

Weird thing today...my weather app said it was 28 degrees (almost no wind) so I dressed accordingly.  I drove to do my run and the car thermometer said it was 18 degrees.  The car is frequently wrong but, when I got out, it felt more like 18 than 28.  So, I was a bit chilly the first mile or so and at the end of my run. When I got home, the thermometer on the porch read about 20 degrees so the car was more right than the app.  Only strange in that the app has never been that wrong before and I rely on it to dress for my runs.  Anyhow, wasn't a big enough difference to really matter but was a bit weird...

F'ing sun. It needs to take charge and the cloud cover needs to disappear asap.

That's super weird about the weather app.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

How did Rubio do last night?

He didn't cry in pain at all! And ate 3/4 of a can for the day and today he is already at 1/4 and sleeping in our bed like he is not in pain. Now if we can resolve the inflammation and mass for it NOT to be cancer, that would be great.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, in two places. I've got a hole in my forearm from a canine tooth and a slice along the edge of my watchband -- except I moved the watch to the other arm. My shirt was bloody. The owner was too busy trying to get the dogs back inside to say anything. I tried to talk to her later, after my shower, to ask about rabies shots, but she either wasn't there or wasn't answering the door.

Ugh. These are the type of owners that get their dogs killed for being idiots. They don't deserve furry babies. I know things happened but not responding or taking action then and there is not good.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

F'ing sun. It needs to take charge and the cloud cover needs to disappear asap.

That's super weird about the weather app.

In Miami I hated the sun. Here I'm like Superman, lol. But the sun is not as strong so I don't burst on fire. We should have sun tomorrow. And 53F!

Damaris

RunningOnSand

. But the sun is not as strong so I don't burst on fire.

LOL

53* in Feb with sun sounds heavenly.

sdWhiskers

4 miles then 30 min yoga. Guess which was harder 

I won't comment about the weather here. Except to say I'm lathering everyone up with sunscreen as we head to the beach...

FS--thanks for stopping the madness!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm still alive.  Whatever virus I have is kicking my ass. I crawled into bed Thursday afternoon and I finally went downstairs today. Flu test was negative,  but I may have been too early for it to be effective.

I was able to defer the race until next year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm still alive.  Whatever virus I have is kicking my ass. I crawled into bed Thursday afternoon and I finally went downstairs today. Flu test was negative,  but I may have been too early for it to be effective.

I was able to defer the race until next year.

Feel better and glad you were able to defer.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

4 miles then 30 min yoga. Guess which was harder 

I won't comment about the weather here. Except to say I'm lathering everyone up with sunscreen as we head to the beach...

FS--thanks for stopping the madness!

Anytime 🤘

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

14 nicely done!  Was the running group as big as last week?

Seemed down a bit, but they did not take a pre-run pic because the weather was so shitty everyone just wanted to get the run started. Also my watch had 13.75, because I forgot to re-start my watch for a while after stopping at a light. But since I was with people, I was able to figure out I missed about 0.25 miles, so just added that manually to my log entry.

Dave

DavePNW

This is a pretty great deal - Garmin 235 plus Bluetooth earbuds for $150. I know most of you are all set in the watch department, but just in case. The 235 is an older model, but does most of what people need. 

https://slickdeals.net/f/13832534-garmin-forerunner-235-gps-running-watch-deco-gear-bluetooth-sport-earbuds-screen-protector-150-free-s-h?src=frontpage

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Our travel crew each got a $300 Southwest voucher for volunteering to get bumped when they ended up not needing us.  Now my flight to the Nashville Marathon will be free.  Score!

<3