Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #114 (Read 25 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 and weights. Hoping my 6 do not suck as badly as yesterday's 5.

Damaris

Cyberic

Since I'm not in a workout suffering mood, and I believe that a little bit is always better than nothing at all, I programmed 20 x (1min/1min) in my watch, managed to run none of them with a serious head wind (actually they were pretty much all tail wind) and had no pace target.

Well instead of only jogging, which is what would have happened if the only option had been a "hard" workout, I ended up running 20 minutes at 5:55-6:00 ish pace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Cy!

Damaris

onemile

Since I'm not in a workout suffering mood, and I believe that a little bit is always better than nothing at all, I programmed 20 x (1min/1min) in my watch, managed to run none of them with a serious head wind (actually they were pretty much all tail wind) and had no pace target.

Well instead of only jogging, which is what would have happened if the only option had been a "hard" workout, I ended up running 20 minutes at 5:55-6:00 ish pace.

I have done that workout with Addie.  I have also done one where you do like 12x1 min on, 1 min off, 12 x 30 sec on, 30 sec off

and sometimes with a moderate recovery

Hmm, I’m already aged-up😡😜

might take an aged-up rest day... have done 4 days in a row (doubles) which is a lot for me and feeling a little creaky....dress and ready to go... I don’t know

Cyberic

I have done that workout with Addie.  I have also done one where you do like 12x1 min on, 1 min off, 12 x 30 sec on, 30 sec off

and sometimes with a moderate recovery

With a moderate recovery it makes the workout a hell of a lot tougher. It makes any workout tougher, actually. I'm leaving that to PR hungry wolves for now. Me I'm whistling and picking the low hanging fruits. 

bluerun

Super B****

11 on the AlterG with 1mi w/u, mile pyramid MP-HMP-10K-5K-MILE-5K-10K-HMP-MP, 1mi c/d to keep it from being too mind-numbing

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

11 on the AlterG with 1mi w/u, mile pyramid MP-HMP-10K-5K-MILE-5K-10K-HMP-MP, 1mi c/d to keep it from being too mind-numbing

Nice!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got my other 7.2 miles in last night. Left Jetta at home and thank goodness I did, I had my noxgear on and out of the .... 50 cars that passed me, 10 nearly ran me off the road  I mean fucking seriously!!! I even have them blinking like crazy, thinking that would catch people's attention more than just one light constant (no blinking)...

Today, or tonight... I'll hopefully get some sort of 5 miler in, it's raining today so that should be fun.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Possible RD. The weather and the kids are the big factors on what happens.

KCRuns

3.1 with 2 of them in Slovenia running to Predjama Castle and learning about karst caves.  Loved it!

DavePNW

3.1 with 2 of them in Slovenia running to Predjama Castle and learning about karst caves.  Loved it!

I used to go to Slovenia on business occasionally. Nice country. Here was a view from my hotel one time, in a town called Idrija. It was like a Christmas card. 

Dave

Cyberic

What about the other 1.1?

KCRuns

Dave, that is a gorgeous view!  Picture perfect!

Cy, the remaining 1.1 was just regular treadmill on my own.  The virtual trainer programs are time based so I did a little on my own before starting it.