Beginners and Beyond

Windy WednesDAILIES (Read 27 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In other news, I'm developing a callous in between my littlest toe and second to littlest toe. Hurts like a mofo. So I bought both moleskin and some cushiony bandaid type thing that is supposedly mostly waterproof. OR I could just put a ton of Body Glide on my toes. If you've been in this situation, what have you done? I'm all paranoid about "not doing anything new on race day", but I plan to put it on tonight and wear it for the next day or two to see how either feels.

There's a relatively new product that a lot of ultra runners use called RunGoo. I used it in my last ultra run in mud and puddles. Even though my shoes, socks, and feet were pretty much wet for 8 hours of running, I had no blisters or even any hot spots.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

I ran 6.  Someone Knows Something season 5 is here. My favorite podcast and I <3 David Ridgen

Bert-o

I lost my rama

There's a relatively new product that a lot of ultra runners use called RunGoo. I used it in my last ultra run in mud and puddles. Even though my shoes, socks, and feet were pretty much wet for 8 hours of running, I had no blisters or even any hot spots.

I'll have to try that.  Have you tried SportShield?  I'm planning on trying the SportShield wipes, since they would be convenient to carry on longer runs and races.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

bluerun

Super B****

Where the marathon is concerned, I leave no stone unturned. I put that shit on everything. 

I've never used body glide so I cannot speak on that.

I guess it depends on the course and/or conditions. I've never had an issue with blisters or chafing but lost five toenails after Boston! (as if running a PW wasn't enough )

I thought I did that (Aquaphor), but I was wrong

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I thought I did that (Aquaphor), but I was wrong

Damn it!

Aquaphor is not "greasy" enough for me. I found it stiff and too thick for running.

bluerun

Super B****

Damn it!

Aquaphor is not "greasy" enough for me. I found it stiff and too thick for running.

In my defense, I didn't realize this was a trouble spot (I was wearing a sports bra I'd never worn for a marathon before and I didn't realize there was a seam there).  At least I noticed it before I got into the shower...

chasing the impossible

LRB

In my defense, I didn't realize this was a trouble spot (I was wearing a sports bra I'd never worn for a marathon before and I didn't realize there was a seam there).  At least I noticed it before I got into the shower...

Yeah no shit, YEE-OW!

bluerun

Super B****

My boss is so proud of my marathon that he's telling everyone... "show her the picture!"  It's a little embarrassing.  And also a little sad when I consider that my family doesn't care about it at all beyond telling me I'm nuts.    (Which I am, but that's not the point.)

chasing the impossible

onemile

My boss is so proud of my marathon that he's telling everyone... "show her the picture!"  It's a little embarrassing.  And also a little sad when I consider that my family doesn't care about it at all beyond telling me I'm nuts.    (Which I am, but that's not the point.)

the other day my mom asked me what my "marathon time" was because one of her coworkers who runs asked her.  I told her and then the next day she emailed me "I forgot what you said your marathon time was again, six hours and what?"   lol

bluerun

Super B****

the other day my mom asked me what my "marathon time" was because one of her coworkers who runs asked her.  I told her and then the next day she emailed me "I forgot what you said your marathon time was again, six hours and what?"   lol

Yep, that sounds about right

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nothing helped me in Chicago, even the 2lbs of Vaseline they kept putting under my armpit.  Worse chafing ever from the rain.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damn it!

Aquafor is not greaty enough for me as well.  And it causes me to burst into a rash.

Damaris

DavePNW

Ha! I can beat that though. My parents know about my marathons but I haven't talked much about running otherwise. My dad once asked something like "do you also run between marathons, just to keep in shape?"

Dave

onemile

Ha! I can beat that though. My parents know about my marathons but I haven't talked much about running otherwise. My dad once asked something like "do you also run between marathons, just to keep in shape?"

lol

that's awesome

Runshortii

My MIL always just asks “oh how did your marathon go?” And tells everyone I’m running a marathon when it’s a 5K