Beginners and Beyond

Let's get this WEDNESDAILIES started! (Read 34 times)

happylily

SUP!  Freaking in the 50's this morning! I had to put on a sweatshirt even.  Still in shorts tho. 

Nothing for me today but itching to get after it again tomorrow!

Happy running runners!

Congrats on the great run last night, John! I have to get back to those push-ups. But with the flue I have at the moment, I don't feel I have the strength for it. I hope it's going well for you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Will run for scenery.

Baboon, is that you in the middle with two unbroken legs ?  Awesome !

I did 2 miles on the TM, 1.5% incline.  Compared to my previous workout on Sunday, I was 5 times faster, although the incline was 30 times less steep. Does MacMillan have some kind of converter for that ?   

Life is still in an ultra-stressful, sucky phase where I'm not able to sleep much.  But being able to run is awesome - the squishy shoes are da bomb. And I've finally dropped a few pounds.

Oh, and some anonymous and truly wonderful person snuck into my office this morning and put a big chocolate chip cookie on my desk.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

When are they supposed to do the whole groundhog thing again?

No run today, strength training.... I am slacking so today will consist of abs/core and upper body strengthening. It is something like 19 degrees right now, will be a high of 30 I think.

Glad your blister is deflating Kristin.

I say we are put our energy together and hope February is a much better month than January.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Phil, awesome picture! You posted that just to make us all envious, didn't you? 

happylily

Baboon, is that you in the middle with two unbroken legs ?  Awesome !

I did 2 miles on the TM, 1.5% incline.  Compared to my previous workout on Sunday, I was 5 times faster, although the incline was 30 times less steep. Does MacMillan have some kind of converter for that ?   

Life is still in an ultra-stressful, sucky phase where I'm not able to sleep much.  But being able to run is awesome - the squishy shoes are da bomb. And I've finally dropped a few pounds.

Oh, and some anonymous and truly wonderful person snuck into my office this morning and put a big chocolate chip cookie on my desk.

Hopefully it was a good looking woman who happens to be single.  Great run! I hope things get less stressful for you soon... That can suck physical energy real quick.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Congrats on the great run last night, John! I have to get back to those push-ups. But with the flue I have at the moment, I don't feel I have the strength for it. I hope it's going well for you.

Thanks Lily! Yes going very well after a small hiccup.  I haven't quit yet! Hope you feel better soon and that your sister's surgery goes well. 

Will run for scenery.

Flight to Boston is booked, nonstop there and back on JetBlue  Big grin

Boston, what's there to do in Boston ?  

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lol Jay- no we just increase the resistance Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hello dailies:

Kristin - how do the hills work, does the whole spin room incline?

Lily - prayers and thoughts for your sister.  Mmm, oatmeal and brown sugar.

D - you were running with cupcakes, and survived an assassination plot, and the cupcakes were ok?  Well done!

Scotty - stay safe

DaveP - congrats to DD on that goal.

Rick - If someone shoots the groundhog before it sees its shadow, that counts, right?

Baboon - caption:  "Yo, I lost a contact lens, little help?!"

Brr - good intervals

Flight to Boston is booked, nonstop there and back on JetBlue  Big grin

MIA yesterday due to a work field trip to Toronto.  The ride up was really neat -- skim ice covering much of the mighty Niagara river, banks of clouds like a mountain range over the open water of Lake Ontario, Hamilton looking even more sinister than usual with huge plumes of steam billowing into the icy air off all the industry.

Once the bus got downtown, people-watching and wondering like always at the average level of style, fitness, and busy-ness compared to Buffalo, where you might see a lone sweatpants-clad fatty lumbering along an otherwise deserted downtown sidewalk.  Realizing that there were likely more people in the Eaton Centre complex than my entire town's population.   Being whisked up to a fancy 35th floor suite in a matter of seconds where a decadent lunch awaited along with breathtaking views of the city, I couldn't help but feel like a district peasant from The Hunger Games visiting the Capitol.

Much of the beer we had been brought to sample was really good, too.  Flying Monkeys brewery has some world-class stuff in their maple porter, chocolate stout, and a cedar-aged brew that was like drinking the rich aroma of a humidor.

Today, getting chores done at home and then driving to the Y, where it does not feel like -16.

Yes, priorities!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Jay, you mean your work trip to Toronto was for sampling beer? Wow, talk about a good job.  I loved your description of Hamilton. That city has such a melancholic feel to it. Like it has ceased to exist years ago. When I visit Toronto, I'm always in awe of the perfection there, compared to Montreal. But if I lived there, maybe I'd get tired of all this goody-goody perfection.

Guys, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my sister. She is going into surgery at 1 pm. She called everyone in the family last night with a unique to all of us reason for why she loves us. She said just in case... I laughed, but I felt like crying. I have to try some of that Flying Monkeys beer.

Awww, hugs.  Will be thinking of her.  I thought it was yesterday but extra thoughts are good so tell her I thought of her two days!

Damaris

LRB

SUP!

'Sup yo! 

Lily, I can understand her wanting to get that all out there.  Nothing wrong with that.

Boon, it looks like you are staggering off to the side.  That coming from someone who could not even put a ski on, let alone go down a giant ass mountain on one...two, two.  He said two!

Jay, props on the flight plan, It would be cool to meet you some day!

Scott T, 27 degrees is freakin' cold for the south.  I feel your pain on that one!

Hello girls!

What up doe fellas!

Say, has anyone seen the madness in Georgia with the ice crap?  People literally had to sleep wherever they were yesterday, including cars!  Crazy.

As for me, I just finalized my race schedule through October.  16 events total; 6 5ks, 5 10ks, 3 1 mile races, 2 half marathons and that other thing....if I do not break into a million pieces by then! 

I have run 10 of them in the past, and a lot will depend on weather and what not, so some of them are tentative.  But win, lose, or draw I am super excited for the racing season.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to your DD and her first goal, DaveP!  Wow, State of the Union AND a TM...you definitely have a lot of patience!

Yay for warmer temps for you, LRB!  Enjoy the 'early spring". 

Dang, Phil, I'd be afraid to go onto a hill like that, klutz that I am.  Even without snow I wouldn't go on it!  I'd be sure to fall and break something.

Looks like you are having a blast, though!  Enjoy!

Good luck with the deadline, Andrew!  Wait...are you reading this now?  Get back to work, you have a deadline!

Get some "Second Skin" for the blister, Kristin, that stuff works great.

Glad your DS got to go back to school, Step, we wouldn't want you to get any more crazy!     Hope all your shoveling went well if you've already done it.

Much of the beer we had been brought to sample was really good, too.  Wow, Jay, that sounds like a tough work assignment!    Toronto, huh?  Beautiful city, I visited there for a summer when I was in High School.  I'm sure it has changed plenty since those days, lol.

I wonder what the Canadians think about all the trouble the winter is causing Americans in the States.  I bet they think we are a bunch of winter wimps, lol.

lol, John.  I am right there with you on the 'sweatshirt in the 50s'.  Even a few degrees drop in temp can really get to you when you're a hot-weather state person.  "Real Winter" folks probably laugh like hell at us...but I'll tell you what...let them come out in summer and handle OUR summer temps!   It's really all about what you've become acclimatized to, isn't it?

(((((Lily)))).  Your sister is probably in her surgery by now, so good thoughts, prayers, etc.   Lily....

photo okaydog_zpsbc3135b5.jpg

I've been a little worried lately myself...

Hope this gave a bit of a smile to those of you who need it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your running progress, jj!  Hope that will help with the ultra-stressful, sucky phase of life you're going through.  Chocolate chip cookies help too!

I am slacking so today will consist of abs/core and upper body strengthening.  That does not sound like slacking to me, FreeSoul!

Scott T, 27 degrees is freakin' cold for the south.  I feel your pain on that one!  Well, it did not last long, LRB.  Now it is VERY sunny, blue skies, very light wind, and pretty close to 50.  I can feel YOUR pain on that one!   Looks like it will be just beautiful for my hill workout. I packed my bag with a base-layer shirt, just in case, but now don't think I am going to need it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got ready to run.  The storm wasn't bad.  Ice in the trees, grass a bit crunch but the pavement by the house was just wet.  Bridges are horrible so everything is closed and they are dangerous to be on.  Work is closed but Dh and I are both working from home since we have power so we can do what we need to do.  He is checking fire reports and I'm doing my normal stuff.

So waited until 8.  But it started to snow then sleet.  The sidewalk got crunchy.  Went out to run but it was too crunchy and I didn't want to get hurt so I'll wait until tomorrow.  Ice is ice and not something anyone can easily run on.

I'm just glad we didn't lose power.  If we'd gotten the inch of ice we were supposed to we would have.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

'Sup yo! 

Lily, I can understand her wanting to get that all out there.  Nothing wrong with that.

Boon, it looks like you are staggering off to the side.  That coming from someone who could not even put a ski on, let alone go down a giant ass mountain on one...two, two.  He said two!

Jay, props on the flight plan, It would be cool to meet you some day!

Scott T, 27 degrees is freakin' cold for the south.  I feel your pain on that one!

Hello girls!

What up doe fellas!

Say, has anyone seen the madness in Georgia with the ice crap?  People literally had to sleep wherever they were yesterday, including cars!  Crazy.

As for me, I just finalized my race schedule through October.  16 events total; 6 5ks, 5 10ks, 3 1 mile races, 2 half marathons and that other thing....if I do not break into a million pieces by then! 

I have run 10 of them in the past, and a lot will depend on weather and what not, so some of them are tentative.  But win, lose, or draw I am super excited for the racing season.

This is how I would have said it: blah blah, boring distances AND A MARATHON, OMG!!!!!

Damaris