Beginners and Beyond

Let's get this WEDNESDAILIES started! (Read 34 times)

LRB

lol well there it is!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, fuck it, I won my second trial too.  I need a drink (or 2) when I get home to celebrate.

Oh, hubby's CT Scan confirmed the lung nodule at 6mm.  He needs to redo in 6 months.  Hoping for no growth because if there is growth, we are fucked.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hugs to Lilly and her sister.

Damaris hope your husband is going to be ok. Yay for winning trials!

Wow LRB looks like a great schedule! When is the "other thing"?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Lily, hope your sister's surgery goes well.

Damaris, hope DH gets good news in six months.

AFM, 7.2 miles in 9" of unplowed snow, great run! Smile  Saw a friend out running and ran with her for a couple of miles, it was nice to chat for a bit.  I always forget how nice it can be to run with someone else, I need to get out to more group runs.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty, I honestly just don't feel like doing it......... Sad I mean I will do it, but I don't feel it - blah on this weather  I want it to go away.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Scotty, I honestly just don't feel like doing it......... Sad I mean I will do it, but I don't feel it - blah on this weather  I want it to go away.

I also don't like going out in 100F and 80 dewpoint BUT I STILL DO IT!  Go out there!  Run and then come back and whine some more.  That's what I do.  Well, I bitch, not whine. 

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's not that, this weather is depressing... it wasn't always like this though - I used to really enjoy the cold weather because I got to take Molly out and watch her romp in the woods, fields and along the river bank, she loved this cold - the colder the better. Now, Winter just reminds me of her and it makes me want to cry 

I also don't like going out in 100F and 80 dewpoint BUT I STILL DO IT!  Go out there!  Run and then come back and whine some more.  That's what I do.  Well, I bitch, not whine. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's not that, this weather is depressing... it wasn't always like this though - I used to really enjoy the cold weather because I got to take Molly out and watch her romp in the woods, fields and along the river bank, she loved this cold - the colder the better. Now, Winter just reminds me of her and it makes me want to cry 

I know.  You think 6 months at 100F are fun?  They depress you as well, (although the type of depression is different).  It's like yay, April, how nice.  Oh, August, get the fuck out.  I still go out and force myself to do it no matter how nauseous or asthma full I get.  Then, I come and whine.  And whine, and whine.

Running will make you feel better, remember that.  DO IT!  And hugs.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

True, but sometimes I find myself in these ruts where I can't force myself up in the mornings, one week it's easy to get up at 4 AM and out the door then the next week I say fuck it. I hate that too, because then I have to ask my mom to watch Dorian and even though she has been really enjoying it lately (Dorian is getting more cuddly with her now), I still hate asking people to watch him. Tomorrow I am going to try and force myself up at 4 AM damn it, repeat to myself it is better to brag about running in awfully cold temps (or hot ones) than it is to whine about not getting out - or to whine/bitch about it after getting out there lol.

I know.  You think 6 months at 100F are fun?  They depress you as well, (although the type of depression is different).  It's like yay, April, how nice.  Oh, August, get the fuck out.  I still go out and force myself to do it no matter how nauseous or asthma full I get.  Then, I come and whine.  And whine, and whine.

Running will make you feel better, remember that.  DO IT!  And hugs.

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is one more reason why I run in the evenings.  I would be missing lots more runs if I were to run at 3-4am.

One word that you do not like (me either): Treadmill.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Even I am arguing about getting a treadmill, even if DH said yes I would still debate with myself on it - not to hurt anybody's feelings but to me a treadmill is just the easy way out, I fear I would find myself making excuses constantly to hit the treadmill instead of outside whether it be raining, windy, snowing, sleeting, or really freaking hot.

As hard as it has been this week, I much prefer getting out and getting it done before 6 AM so that I know I got it done where anything can change throughout the day, especially when you have a child. Honestly, I wonder if that 15 miler Sunday kicked my butt more than I thought it did.....

That is one more reason why I run in the evenings.  I would be missing lots more runs if I were to run at 3-4am.

PRs

LRB

Wow LRB looks like a great schedule! When is the "other thing"?

With my luck?  Never. 

DavePNW

Over the last few weeks I think I may have finally made my peace with the treadmill. Lord knows we have spent plenty of quality time getting to know each other. I just checked & found I have done 9 of my last 12 runs on it. But right now my main goal is to try to get in the miles, and that thing is always there ready to oblige. Takes the pressure off of worrying so much about the weather; if I can get out, great, if not, so be it. Mother Nature can beat me down, but not defeat me. I am left with only making sure I have one outdoor-runnable day on a weekend for a LR; I have yet to give in to doing that on the treadmill (although Shari has proven it can be done, and of course Lily is sitting back & laughing at us right now).

It is always going to be much more drudgery than an outdoor run (under any conditions). And while motivating yourself to get up super-early to run is tough, and motivating yourself to get on the treadmill is tough, for some reason I have gotten into the habit of combining the two. It just works out best timing-wise. I really have to psyche myself up just to get on the thing, and for several miles I am sure I am not going to be able to finish. But somehow it gets done.

So if you only want to run to enjoy running, stick to the outdoors, and run as conditions permit. But if you are committed to get miles in or stick to a training plan, the TM can be your friend. Thanks for listening.

Dave

Hip Redux

I think the SOTU viewing got to your brain, Dave.

LRB

Over the last few weeks I think I may have finally made my peace with the treadmill. Lord knows we have spent plenty of quality time getting to know each other. I just checked & found I have done 9 of my last 12 runs on it. But right now my main goal is to try to get in the miles, and that thing is always there ready to oblige. Takes the pressure off of worrying so much about the weather; if I can get out, great, if not, so be it. Mother Nature can beat me down, but not defeat me. I am left with only making sure I have one outdoor-runnable day on a weekend for a LR; I have yet to give in to doing that on the treadmill (although Shari has proven it can be done, and of course Lily is sitting back & laughing at us right now).

It is always going to be much more drudgery than an outdoor run (under any conditions). And while motivating yourself to get up super-early to run is tough, and motivating yourself to get on the treadmill is tough, for some reason I have gotten into the habit of combining the two. It just works out best timing-wise. I really have to psyche myself up just to get on the thing, and for several miles I am sure I am not going to be able to finish. But somehow it gets done.

So if you only want to run to enjoy running, stick to the outdoors, and run as conditions permit. But if you are committed to get miles in or stick to a training plan, the TM can be your friend. Thanks for listening.

I approve of this message!

And 6 of my last 8 runs have been on the stupid thing and I am grateful to have it as an option.  With the weather we have had this month, you would break your fuckin ankles trying to run across 16 layers of frozen snow and ice.

The weekends are a different because I have the time to drive to the park where the path is maintained but for the weekdays, it is belt city!