Beginners and Beyond

Let's get this WEDNESDAILIES started! (Read 34 times)

LRB

Still, one thought I have: People who run are the shit, regardless of where it is.  End of story.

FYP.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

happylily

FYP.

Well said. We're the shit!!! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well said. We're the FUCKING shit!!! 

FYP. That's more like it.

Damaris

happylily

FYP. That's more like it.

Thanks! That's why you're the lawyer. You are more wordy. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185, thank you for starting today's thread. Excellent workouts last night and this morning.

Lily, I hope that your post-work run was pleasant and that your sister's surgery went well.

scottydawg, GIANT HILLS?!?!?

DaveP MI, yay for DD!

Bravo on ten TM miles.

Rick, awesome seven.

Phil, that looks beautiful.

Andrew, amazing intervals.

Shari, what's kyukido?

Jay, what will you do at the Y?

John Rustle, I hope that you've been having a great day.

Dave, brave 7.2.

jjs22, beautiful two-miler. Sweet gesture by your colleague.

FreeSoul87, enjoy the core and upper-body work.

Yugo18, terrific ten-miler.

Beth, have fun on the bike trainer.

Damaris, congratulations on winning the second trial. Good luck to your hubby. I'll be thinking of you two.

I did 2.01 miles with the run club in 19:38. I was testing the Brooks Ghost 6. They were so uncomfortable, I turned around after only a mile. I'm on my way home to do push-ups and ab work.

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Kyukido is a martial art that incorporates elements of taekwondo, judo and jujitsu. DS has been doing it for more than a year, and he wanted me to join, so I did in September. It's good training in focus, body awareness, and self-defense.

What other shoes do you run in? I've had people suggest the Ghost and/or Glycerin to me, but when I tried Brooks a few years ago (Defyance), the collar felt way too high on the back of the ankle.

Lily - Glad to hear your sister is doing well!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Julie, that is awesome to hear about your sister. D you are tough as nails too.

And yes we are the fucking shit! All of us runners Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Oh, and some anonymous and truly wonderful person snuck into my office this morning and put a big chocolate chip cookie on my desk.

So, one thing i didn't notice when I found the cookie was that nearby was a pair of plastic gloves.  The kind the cleaning staff use when they empty the trash.

So yeah, ...  janitor snacks.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

lol

You might also want to stay away from Buffalo winters as they are pretty similar to mine. 

Right Jay? LOL

Yes.  Smile

Free, I never set foot on a treadmill before this month, and now I LOVE them, for similar reasons to Beth.  Running in the pitch dark on treacherous footing when it's snowing and/or cold as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks can be done.  But for me, it became mentally draining and ineffective training, what with being limited to recovery pace or slower sometimes.

Staring at a warm treadmill monitor while zoning out and listening to some tunes is not nearly the sensory deprivation of a dark and snowy country road.  Heck, I can even glimpse up at a TV or if a cute girl walks by without nearly falling off the thing now.  Wink

Just B.S.

Oh Lily my friend I thank you but in no way claim to be a bad ass of any sort and am all too

Aware of my limitations and frailties. However I don't think

I or anyone else chooses the easy route by running on a mill either by necessity or choice.

90 minutes on spin bike done.

Now for some upper body work on the weight machine, lunges, squats etc

Nice work today to all who did what they do inside or out Smile

Lily - great news about your sister.

jjs- oh no, you don't suppose they found that cookie in the garbage?!

Basya - LR split between the track and the TM.

18.6 with most of it either at or near MP.  There was a girl on the track with this shirt:

chicked

I laughed, since everyone else had to keep thinking about it when she passed them.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Interesting the TM conversation going on here because I was having the TM vs Outside debate in my head for tomorrow. I'm doing most of my running right now on a TM (I fucking hate that thing) because A) the softer surface for injury comeback running, B) I'm not able to put in the miles I want yet so I'm doing a running/cross training hybrid- doing some elliptical and some TM so I get a better workout without the running impact, and C) conditions have sucked. Snow, ice and below zero wind chills. I had hoped to get outside tomorrow though.....but I drove by the park on the way home and it is quite icy. Probably not a good idea especially so soon after being I jured. What if I slip? I have micro-spikes but there is too much pavement uncovered I think.....I basically need it to be ALL ice for those am I right? I haven't used them yet. Maybe I should wait til I've been back to running longer than a week and a half to try.... So. TM it is. 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would love to see that, I'm sorry but that would make my day to see a guy (or girl) fall off a treadmill checking out someone walking past them lol. 

Yes.  Smile

Free, I never set foot on a treadmill before this month, and now I LOVE them, for similar reasons to Beth.  Running in the pitch dark on treacherous footing when it's snowing and/or cold as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks can be done.  But for me, it became mentally draining and ineffective training, what with being limited to recovery pace or slower sometimes.

Staring at a warm treadmill monitor while zoning out and listening to some tunes is not nearly the sensory deprivation of a dark and snowy country road.  Heck, I can even glimpse up at a TV or if a cute girl walks by without nearly falling off the thing now.  Wink

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)