Beginners and Beyond

Frigorific Friday Penguins (Read 29 times)

Philliefan33

Philliefan, I am in upstate NY. Correction-according to DH it is about 33F and raining.

{wave to SF}

I grew up near Syracuse.   I don't miss the winters.

Zelanie

Cherie- Sunday. Now I'm debating arm warmers vs. Throwaway sweatshirt.

Dad on the run.

Good morning everyone! So Monday is the big day for me, I'm going to try running. Plan for 3 easy miles, going to "start" the hal higdon intermediate half marathon training plan Monday as its a 12 week program and that is exactly how long I have before the Mercedes half.

Here is to hoping all goes well!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

Good morning everyone! So Monday is the big day for me, I'm going to try running. Plan for 3 easy miles, going to "start" the hal higdon intermediate half marathon training plan Monday as its a 12 week program and that is exactly how long I have before the Mercedes half.

Here is to hoping all goes well!

Oh good, Jimmy!   We'll be rooting for you.

Zelanie-- it wouldn't hurt to bring them both the day of the race, and decide then depending on the weather.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

This is actually to see the in-laws.  We're even bringing Beerrun (our dog).

Nice! Hopefully you have time to do some fun stuff and not just work. It is a business trip, isn't it?

This is actual

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Hi everyone, just finished 10.1 at 9:37 pace, I'm not sure I can hold that for 26.2, I might just have to adjust my goals. I'll try to catch up on some personals later.

Damaris, you need a boat Joking

Awood, have a safe trip!

Zel, good luck this weekend, I'm sure you will do great.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris has a clone!   This lady is one of our recent university alums, in our local public news when she recently got married and got a new job as a teacher.   To me, she looks kinda like Damaris!

photo damarislook-alike_zpsa4c69018.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

This is actually to see the in-laws.  We're even bringing Beerrun (our dog).

This is actual

Nice! If you have time you should drive down to Mount St. Helens. It is pretty awesome.

Bin Running

6 w/ 4 @MP. Seem like the right leg pain is mild SS. Exact same place on my left almost 1.5yrs ago. Low level pain when I press from above the inside ankle bone to mid calf. Foam rolling it.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with YOUR weather too, Stone Fence.

At this time tomorrow, I'll be making my way a across the country.  "Wagons, HO! " Big grin  Safe trip, Awood.   Small world, my in-laws are in Washington State too, in Wenatchee. Beerrun should enjoy all that Pacific Northwest fresh air!  And lots of big trees for him to interact with.

Enjoy the mountains, Phillie!    Sounds like a nice trip.  A cold one, but a nice one.

Yeah, stay safe down there, Damaris. When it rains in Miami, it RAINS!  Florida rain reminds me of the rainy seasons in Asia when I was there.  Couldn't even see across the street sometimes, the rain was coming down so hard.

Will you be going to Zion National Park, Jack?  Beautiful place.

Wow, good luck with all those meetings, Zelanie!  Dang, that is some cold weather.  And here I thought Oregon was always fairly mild with just a lot, lot, lot, lot,lot, lot, lot, lot,lot, lot, lot, lot,lot, lot, lot, lot,lot, lot, lot, lot,lot, lot, lot, lot, of rain the majority of the time.

45 degrees is shorts weather, Lauren?  Congrats on your runs and the hills!  Hills are your friend.  I do them once a week. They are my speedwork since I don't do ACTUAL speedwork.  I find the hills to be very helpful in making me a bit of a stronger runner during the races I do.

Yes, the wind here is going nutso, blowing every-which-way.  No wimping out, Cherie, we Westerners have to brave our "cold" too.  And running with the wind helps build character, right?  And gives you bragging rights after you're done. Joking

Good luck, Jimmy!  You can do it!  Jimmy! Jimmy!  Jimmy!  Big grin

Speedy Mitch!  Mabye for your marathon you can borrow a pair of LRB's superhero speedy tights. Wink

Sorry about the shin splints, Bin, hope you can get that resolved quickly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: yep, that's exactly where we are going. I will try to put up a few pics. Smile

GinnyinPA

Jack - I love Zion.  You may end up with some snow, which will really be pretty.  Watch out for wet rocks.

Cherie - I hope you get out today.  Take advantage of the coolth.

Melanie - good luck with your race this weekend.

Awood - I hope you don't run into too much weather on your trip west.  We'll be starting East again on Monday, but hopefully after the worst of this weather system is gone.

Jimmy - good luck on the training.  Hope your body behaves this time.  Is anyone joining you?

Damaris - I love the contrast between your 82 and everybody else's winter weather.  I'm sure you don't appreciate it as much though.  Hope the flooding doesn't get too bad for you.

Scotty - that's really cold for SA.  I hope you enjoy the races anyway.

Mitch - I'd love to be that fast.

Bin - I hope the shin splints heal quickly.  New shoes??

Stonefence - I hope you enjoy your 3, despite the cold.

Margo - have fun in the mountains.  Any snow expected?

Lauren - good job on getting up to 18 miles this week.  Is your body behaving?

AFM:  We're visiting family in Phoenix, where it is raining and cold.  I may get out this afternoon while Jim takes the truck to the mechanic to find out what's making the funny noises.  We need that to be fixed before we begin the long drive home on Monday.

Dad on the run.

Ginny - Nope, just me.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

So a while back I really wanted to start a blog and I caved in and let a friend of mine take over and we created a blog about friends. It never got posted to and just kinda fell to the way side. Well I've decided to start my own and this time I'm sticking to it! I think I'm going to do a paid web hosting so that I can have my own URL instead of having a sub domain. There is a lot of benefits to this and I can get hosting for less than 8 bucks a month. I thought Runningnerd was kinda funny but honestly I hate it now, mainly because the things that made me a nerd I really don't participate in anymore, don't get me wrong I still enjoy my TV and movies and love sci-fi/fantasy but gaming is a thing of the past for me. With all that being said I think I am going to use the URL or a variation of depending on availability. www(dot)adadontherun(dot)com. I think its catchy and I think it relates better than Runningnerd. What you guys/gals think?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

obiebyke

I feel weird about doing this, but I'm reaching out for support wherever I can get it. Whatever you can provide in the way of comfort is appreciated: prayers, vibes, kind words, good energy.

I got a call on my way to work: a friend of mine died unexpectedly this morning from cancer/chemo complications. A few minutes after I got off that phone call, my mom called: my beloved great uncle, who's like my best grandpa, is vomiting blood and his blood pressure is plummeting and he's in the ICU. He's 94 and had successful surgery several days ago to put a rod in a broken leg and they said he was as strong as a much younger man, but something is very wrong now.

It's a hard day.

Thanks for letting me share.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)