Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Inevitable risk of trying to keep up with 72 different forums & user groups....

She just has me on pay no mind, I am used to it.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Um, what does this term mean to you?

LOL, I used the wrong synonym there. I meant to say I had my revenge at the monkey bars. Apparently I thought of Montezuma's revenge? Smile

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very early day for me!  I was up at 3:30 a.m. to take Gail to the airport for her business trip.  After I got home at about 4:15 a.m.,  I said heck with it, I am up anyway; so I donned my running gear and drove to Lackland Air Force Base with the intent of doing 3 easy miles.  Kinda crazy, huh, driving 25 miles from the house for a 3-mile run, lol.  But I don't care, I like variety in my running routes, so I try and mix it up a lot during my running week, never running the same route twice in a week,  and if that means driving a bit, so be it.   Traffic was pretty light so I got to the base around 5:15 a.m. and started my run/walk at 5:30 a.m.  It was nice and peaceful.  Also fun at the end because just before I finished I  synched up with a female basic training flight out doing a formation run for the morning and ended up running about a half-mile with them, with me running beside one of the instructors, and we had a nice chat as we went along.  As we came to an uphill pedestrian overpass, I forged on ahead of them since I knew they would be turning onto the next overpass after they got off this one and my route was straight ahead.   .  The instructor was funny and called out "Ladies, this is a 60-year old retiree making you 20-somethings look bad!  Get moving!"  lol.   As we all got down the overpass, the Instructor called out "Happy Run, sir!" and all the trainees, like programmed robots, shouted all in unison "Happy run, sir!"   lol.  Fun stuff.   Ended up with 4 miles.   So much for an easy 3.  Fun run though.   Now I'm back home and a bit tired...but it's all good, cuz I have today off from work, so I can take a nap!  Yay! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I am guessing some folks here know WTF this means?

Yeah, it's Daniels-speak. It means 1 mile of running at your Easy pace, then 5 sets of 1 mile Tempo runs with a 1 minute recovery. Then there's a set of 4 "R" paced 200 meter intervals with 200 meter jogging recoveries. R paced is a little faster than a normal Interval pace. Lastly it wraps up with 1 mile of running at your Easy pace.

I think in the future I'll type it out.

- Andrew

happylily

LOL, I used the wrong synonym there. I meant to say I had my revenge at the monkey bars. Apparently I thought of Montezuma's revenge? Smile

You had me really confused there. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

I think in the future I'll type it out.

NO! People need to learn!

Dave

LRB

Now hear this:

there is a huge liquidation shoe sale going on at the house from now until the 13th.  Click here for ladies, and here for dudes.

I am looking at the Adidas Tempo 6, and the Mizuno Wave Musha 5.  The latter of which is no longer being made but from what I understand was a great road racing shoe.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Right there with you, LRB, I love cartoons, lol.  Miss the Looney Tunes on cartoon network.  I tend to watch the 'old' stuff....Johnny Quest...Underdog...Flintstones...etc.

Or, Baboon, instead of indoors, you'll just have to get up at 4 a.m. like we Texas folks do to get our summer running in.  Good luck!

Happy miles later with your hubby, Damaris.

Happy training for your upcoming events, Beth!

Good luck with your training plans, Lily.  Apparently, in looking at my log, I am the opposite of you and trying to keep my weekly mileage as LOW as possible, lol.  Stupid arthritis.

Apparently, DaveP, youre YTD mileage is still safe.   At least until Phil does his next run.   Your running these days sounds like you are having a 'lowest weekly mileage" contest with me, lol.  Unintentionally on your part, of course, I know you'd rather be back where you were.

Happy circles at the track, Hamster...er...B-Plus...    Y'all that do the track have a lot of patience.  I...just...cannot...do...it!

What you need to do, FreeSoul, is clamp one of those air-horn thingys on the handle of your stroller. I bet those slow people will move really QUICK when they get a blast of that behind them!   Now I have a mental image of you blowing the air-horn at people, lol.

Congrats on your miles, Step.  County fair auction...I wonder if any spouses there wish they could auction off their mates at the fair....

I tried my hand at Montezuma's revenge by going across the monkey bars. I made it fine, but at the end I smacked my shin in to something quite solid.  That'll teach you to monkey around at your age,  Andrew.   Hope the shin feels better in no time.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well I first thought he was deriving some thermodynamic equations. Then I sort of figured it out, assuming it is Daniels-related.

I think it means he's been sipping a bit too much of the other type of Daniels

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah...Montezuma's Revenge on the Monkey Bars would not be a good thing...those poor kiddies underneath you.....ewwwwww

LRB

I am looking at the Adidas Tempo 6, and the Mizuno Wave Musha 5.  

Great deal, nabbed 'em both.  And although I didn't need either of them what the hell do I work for if I cannot splurge on myself when the opportunity presents itself.

I have a valid liquidation coupon code for an additional 15% off, if anyone is interested PM me.

Good morning, dailies!

Montezuma's revenge, algebraic running equations, and it's only 10 o'clock.

Found another trigger point to fix up last night, about to see how much it helped.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She just has me on pay no mind, I am used to it.

LOL.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lily, I understand what you mean. When I first did Hanson, for whatever short time I did, it felt so different than Pfitz.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great deal, nabbed 'em both.  And although I didn't need either of them what the hell do I work for if I cannot splurge on myself when the opportunity presents itself.

I have a valid liquidation coupon code for an additional 15% off, if anyone is interested PM me.

I've always been interested in the Flyknit Lunars, but man are they pricey. I think getting them on liquidation might be the only way to try one out.

- Andrew