Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 21 times)

DavePNW

8 miles in a drizzle.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I either ran a very slow progression workout or it took me 4 miles to warm up my tired legs after yesterday's hills run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 5 with 10 X 1 minutes hard and weights. I had to move Pilates to next week as I'm waiting for a technician to come which will come around the time of my Pilates class.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with 4x200 + 2x 2 minutes  + 4x200. If you're wondering about the mix of distance and time for intervals,  Daniel's says R pace should last no more than 2 minutes.  Workout was originally written as 2x600.

6.25 stream grade: 2 really slow the 4.25 a fraction less slow, faux INTs.

sunday’s 10 sucked the life out of my legs… not sore, legs just dead

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

6 with 4x200 + 2x 2 minutes  + 4x200. If you're wondering about the mix of distance and time for intervals,  Daniel's says R pace should last no more than 2 minutes.  Workout was originally written as 2x600.

I think you have to adapt the workout to what you can do in the suggested time.  As long as you're hitting the effort level for the specified time, the distance is less important.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

sdWhiskers

7 miles in sunshine.

We are heading to Switzerland for 2 weeks in July and oh man, vacation can't come soon enough. I'm so over work bs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

7 miles in sunshine.

We are heading to Switzerland for 2 weeks in July and oh man, vacation can't come soon enough. I'm so over work bs.

Nice! Hoping it comes soon!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There's incredible hiking there.  The Bernese Oberland is especially noted for that.  We stayed in one of the car-free villages. Nice to not have to worry about traffic.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Baboon

delicate flower

What up, dog.  I slept late and hit a PR sleep score of 89 on the new Garmin.  I had a 45 minute threshold workout on the bike trainer for lunch.  A short, hard workout just to keep the legs awake.  Wife and I need to wake up at 3:00 AM tomorrow morning to catch our flight to Spokane.  As of right now, I am on vacation!  Or "racecation" as some folks like to call it.

<3

sdWhiskers

There's incredible hiking there.  The Bernese Oberland is especially noted for that.  We stayed in one of the car-free villages. Nice to not have to worry about traffic.

That's the plan! A good friend from grad school lives there and we've been waiting to make this trip when Kid is old enough/capable of some solid hiking.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles for me today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, oh, that vacation sounds nice, asie from the flying there and back part.

Baboon, safe travels to the Iron Man. How long of a drive is it from the airport?