Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins "Gonna Fly Now" (Read 24 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates and a run afterwards.

Damaris

hog4life

I've been slacking, and need a kick in the pants! I haven't run in 5 days, but I hope to get out there tonight when I get off work.

Philliefan33

DR -- Good morning!

Mitch -- *kick, kick*  Tonight, you will go out for a run.  You must run at least two miles.  If you feel bad at two miles, you may end your run.

(I've gone through periods where the "two mile rule" was the only thing that got me out the door.  Iusually went more than two miles).

AFM -- 4 miles done this morning.  Lot's of lab work to get done today -- one of the technologists in our group is on vacation, so we are keeping his experiments going for him in addition to our own.

PADRunner

I've been slacking, and need a kick in the pants! I haven't run in 5 days, but I hope to get out there tonight when I get off work.

3 miles done, gym tonight.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, if you take that literally....

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up at 5 a.m., at the Y by 6 a.m. I must be getting used to being a morning runner because altho the temp was 76 degrees at 6 a.m., the humidity was 89% and the dew-point was 72, I got out there and knocked out 3.4 miles and felt really good, did not feel uncomfortable at all in the muggy, thick air.  Aside from nearly getting hit by a cow, it was a really great run.  Ran on the trails in a local park, went by the Zoo, and when I was running alongside the park canal all these egrets in the trees suddenly took to the air while I was approaching them, that was really cool to see.

I've got a busy workout schedule this week!  Ran yesterday; ran today;  weights tonight with Gail; rest Thursday;  4th of July 4-miler on Friday; 5K race on Saturday; 5K race on Sunday.  That's enough for a week for this old dog!

How is Arthur doing down there for you, Damaris?  Good luck with the miles.  Stay safe.

For Mitch...

Or else.....you might find yourself up a tree....

Lab work?  Nice, Philly, that you get to work with dogs.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's sunny outside.  After three days, it stopped raining, Scotty.  It did not cool any temps.

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning!

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday about getting into a routine.  I think I will be able to, starting next week.  My daily schedule will start a bit later so I should be able to still get 4-5 miles in most days.  Meanwhile...I did 4.2 this morning!  It felt good.

Cherie, I'm glad you can relate!

Scotty, no, hubby's arm isn't broken, but his job pays the bills around here!  If he has an extra 10 minutes, I don't want him swinging by the dry cleaners, I'd rather have him spend that time on the phone with a customer!

Zelanie, I'm enjoying your Costa Rica trip vicariously, keep the details coming!

Mitch, you can do it!  I'm meaner than Philliefan, I was going to say make yourself go out for at least 4. Smile

Nice running, PAD & Phillie & Scotty.

Damaris, have a good one.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi kids...

Not much going on today, what with no World Cup until Friday. I ran 5 easy miles with DD this morning and she drove us to practice and the car wash. She is doing a great job driving and I'm super proud of her. I am kind of wanting to go out to lunch today. Sushi sounds good but I have to wait for DW to get home from the other DD's swim practice. Ok!

Zelanie

Hi penguins!  It is Wednesday, my rest day a la Hansons.  Not too much going on here, but I'm trying to use the day to get organized and caught up on things.

PAD- Thanks for starting us off!

D- Way to go on those intervals yesterday!

Mitch- Get out there and run, you slacker!

Margo- Good luck with your busy day.  At least it helps it to go by faster, yes?

Scotty- Nearly hit by a cow?  

Brilliant- Glad you were able to get some miles in.

Jack- Glad DD has been doing well with her driving.  Our DD has some hours to put in when we get back!  She is just at that point where she's able to get around town on most roads, but it's still a bit scary.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi penguins!  It is Wednesday, my rest day a la Hansons.  Not too much going on here, but I'm trying to use the day to get organized and caught up on things.

PAD- Thanks for starting us off!

D- Way to go on those intervals yesterday!

Mitch- Get out there and run, you slacker!

Margo- Good luck with your busy day.  At least it helps it to go by faster, yes?

Brilliant- Glad you were able to get some miles in.

Jack- Glad DD has been doing well with her driving.  Our DD has some hours to put in when we get back!  She is just at that point where she's able to get around town on most roads, but it's still a bit scary.

Right?  However, I only reserve that facepalm smiley for those things that really give me a shock.  And because of Scotty's past history, this was a long time coming.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zelanie, it wasn't my fault!  Apparently this morning some folks were transporting some cows in one of those trailer-thingys and when it was stopped near the park, I forget the reason one of the guys told me, but somehow a couple of them got loose. I went round a bend and BAM..there was a cow  coming at me from the side of the trail, sheesh!    There was a guy chasing right behind her who soon caught her.  I just had to laugh. I sure wish I'd had my camera with me.   That's not something you see everyday as a runner, lol.  Unless maybe you live and run routinely in 'farmland' country.    I'm just glad it was a "regular" cow and not a bull or a Longhorn with those sharp, pointed horns on their head, that could've been bad.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Haha!  I go past cows all the time on my runs in Oregon, but usually they are pretty stationary, which is why I couldn't imagine a cow running into anything at all!

tracilynn

Howdy strangers!

mitch- it's too damn hot to run anyway. Heat index is 105 today. A week off won't kill ya!  I mean... GET OUT THERE! 

My daughter just got her license Monday!  When she first started driving in the city & bad traffic I was terrified! I distinctly remember my palms sweating. Ha.

AFM I still run every once in awhile but not over 3.5 miles in the past 3 months or so. Still going to the gym Too.  Some weeks I don't run at all. Hmmm.

I still stalk this forum

though And its great to see everyone trucking on.

~~~~~~~

Traci