Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

6 miles at 43 degrees in shorts & short sleeves. I don't know how many days I've already run in shorts in December, but in any case it is a new record, as the previous record was zero. For some reason almost everyone else out running was looking at me like I was weird. 

FYP  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

My groin is fine.

DaveP: we ran in similar conditions; 5.75 miles in 44 degrees for me but I wore long sleeves.

At the school where DD2 has swim practice a new all weather track and Field Turf field are being installed and should be done in a few weeks. It will be nice to run on that and some barefoot strides on the field also sound nice.

Tonight DW and I are going to a local brewery to drink and eat in that order. I'm going to have some fun because when training starts on Monday it is time to dial back.

See ya.

LRB

Hi Dailies.

My groin is fine.

DaveP: we ran in similar conditions; 5.75 miles in 44 degrees for me but I wore long sleeves.

At the school where DD2 has swim practice a new all weather track and Field Turf field are being installed and should be done in a few weeks. It will be nice to run on that and some barefoot strides on the field also sound nice.

Tonight DW and I are going to a local brewery to drink and eat in that order. I'm going to have some fun because when training starts on Monday it is time to dial back.

See ya.

Good luck with training!

happylily

Good afternoon!

We bought a humidifier for the bedroom and I woke up with clear sinuses. A real miracle!  Now I can't wait to go to bed tonight to experience that most wonderful way to wake up again.

Shari, Kevin has his mom's journalistic genes in him. :-) What a great write-up! I showed it to my SO and he was all impressed with the Hercules C130. I think he wants one for himself, now.

8 easy miles before lunch. Then lunch (which consisted of dark chocolates filled with salted caramel, just because I'm a pig). I'll run another 5 easy after some house cleaning (this house cleaning crap just never ends... So fed up of it. One day I'll go the minimalist way and throw away everything I own, except for my running shoes).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice, Lily.  You know it's too humid where you live when your doctor recommends you buy a DEhumidifier for your allergies.

Damaris

delicate flower

'Morning!  Fixing to go run three miles with DW in a bit, then headed to Casa de Oski for movies and EAT.  Training for marathon #6 offcially starts tomorrow, which is nice because this 20 mpw shit needs to stop.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

'Morning!  Fixing to go run three miles with DW in a bit, then headed to Casa de Oski for movies and EAT.  Training for marathon #6 offcially starts tomorrow, which is nice because this 20 mpw shit needs to stop.

Mine starts Monday and I like 20 mpw. Wink

LRB

Training for marathon #6 offcially starts tomorrow, which is nice because this 20 mpw shit needs to stop.

Unlike me who waits until the very last millisecond. lol

Give it hell yo!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Good luck with training!

Thanks, LRB. Let's bring it and fingers crossed for no injuries!

B-Plus

My next one is #6 as well! I've always wondered, what does it mean when training officially starts? Is the 20 mpw shit unofficial training?

LRB

My next one is #6 as well! 

My next will be #4...if I ever run one again that is. 

Clearly I am a slacker.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My next one will be...nevermind.

And mine starts in 3 weeks.

Damaris

B-Plus

My next will be #4...if I ever run one again that is. 

Clearly I am a slacker.

When does training officially start?

B-Plus

My next one will be...nevermind.

And mine starts in 3 weeks.

Are you doing a 1 week plan? That would seem appropriate since you seem to run a marathon every weekend.

What's the most marathons you've run in a year? I mean full marathons.

delicate flower

My next one is #6 as well! I've always wondered, what does it mean when training officially starts? Is the 20 mpw shit unofficial training?

20 mpw shit is because COACH says I've been marathon training for a year without a break and need some rest.  #bullshit

<3