Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 36 times)

workinprogress11

6 miles for me today.

DavePNW

I just saw Exodus, it doesn't hold a candle in any way, shape or form to its predecessor.

Genesis?

Dave

LRB

Genesis?

The original Ten Commandments. lol

That was funny!

B-Plus

I did a workout! If you can call it that - 1 mile walk, upper body and core strength training (level: wimpy), 1 mile walk.

Lily - If you think his writing is good in that review, you will love this. I may be the professional in the family, but I think he is the writer. This is his introduction for a book he is writing in school.

Damn, I forgot to do strength and core. Should I get off my lazy ass before tonight's party? Nah.

B-Plus

Ding, Ding.  But Jack did point to the right movie.  So, both of you get the bonus.

What do I get?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

LRB

Damn, I forgot to do strength and core. Should I get off my lazy ass before tonight's party? Nah.

My strength and core has been severely lacking of late. Luckily it doesn't take much of it at all to be effective.

LRB

6 miles for me today.

When does your half marathon training start?

hi dailies:

D - ugh, hope the groin injury is nothing

Rick - +1 to the sneezing pain.  When things were not right, sneezing was uncomfortable enough to try to avoid doing it.

Cy - FWIW, when my PT asked if I was doing lunges and I said no, his reply was "Good.  Don't."

Marjorie - good on getting the xmas stuff down

Robert - spring HM, the nice part about that - spring

B+ - you were hungry and ate coffee?

DaveP - Solar Vortex?

Jack - good luck with the new training cycle

Lily - quick fix to sinus problems, well done

Baboon - see Jack's personal, and ditto.  Clearly your coach has never worked with a Robo Knee.

Step - talented writer you've got there

Work - hi

Cyberic

Cy - FWIW, when my PT asked if I was doing lunges and I said no, his reply was "Good.  Don't."

Interesting. I was thinking about maybe giving them another cautious shot. With this info, I won't even bother.

Step, very nice text.

LRB

Interesting. I was thinking about maybe giving them another cautious shot. With this info, I won't even bother.

It's a great exercise if you can master it.

Of the three; reverse, walking and standing lunges. I had the best luck with walking lunges.

But yeah if something is off by even a few degrees, that's that ass. I screwed up my hip bone socket by having my leg at the wrong angle once. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great!  I did lunges last night. Figures.

Damaris

happylily

Shari, he is so talented! And even more remarkable is that he is only 8... You have an artist in the family.

I ran an extra 7 tonight, before supper. Then I stuffed myself with chili con carne and more caramel chocolates (damn you Costco. You evil seller of mega-sized decadent products. I hate you). Tomorrow, I'm going on the scale to assess the post-Christmas damages. Maybe an early LR will dehydrate me enough to fake an acceptable number.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

The last time I stood on the scale lily, it lol'd so hard I thought it was the Joker from the original Bat Man series! 

StepbyStep-SH

Yum .... chili con carne and caramel chocolate both sound fantastic. But my scale has the same reaction as LRB's.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.