Beginners and Beyond

It's the ThursDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

3 miles and yoga here in a few minutes. Definitely an easier day for me, and I needed it. Hope to check back in later.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Jess runs for bacon

Evenin' everyone! Just did 3 miles today on the TM. I am supposed to be building my mileage but it is not going great. Will probably restart it next week when things calm down. Working the zooma Annapolis expo this weekend, I doubt I will get to run at all.

today marks two weeks tobacco free Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay!

Should we expect you back on the streakers soon too???

Evenin' everyone! Just did 3 miles today on the TM. I am supposed to be building my mileage but it is not going great. Will probably restart it next week when things calm down. Working the zooma Annapolis expo this weekend, I doubt I will get to run at all.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

Yay!

Should we expect you back on the streakers soon too???

Hopefully!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had to quit this week due to the lower back pain but I'm back today!  See you soon!

Hopefully!

Damaris

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Congrats!

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Will run for scenery.

Just ran 6 easy (11 mm).  Felt a little sluggish; I think tomorrow's gonna be a SRD.

After my run I laid down in the grass in the shade of a blooming lilac bush and had myself a little rest.  Stop and smell the flowers : check!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Apparently the Thursday noon class has been taken off the schedule for the summer - boo. But another friend who showed up joined me in the wellness center and we made up our own workout - squats (regular and split squats), chest fly, pull-ups, tricep dips, bicep curls, hip bridges, planks and side planks. And we attempted a few Spiderman push-ups. Hah! That was funny.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Two weeks tobacco free is major! Awesome! I'm proud of you for that!

Run when you can, you'll get to build it. Life sometimes gets in the way. Which is why I'm not training for a full marathon. Not enough time to run that much.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

On other thing I'd like to say - I'm a great uncle AGAIN!  I've got a new grand niece that was born just a short while ago.

Celebrating with some Laphroaig Quarter Cask on the rocks.

Will run for scenery.

On other thing I'd like to say - I'm a great uncle AGAIN! 

Celebrating with some Laphroaig Quarter Cask on the rocks.

Maybe that's what makes you such a great uncle !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Maybe that's what makes you such a great uncle !

Ha! You should have seen me at the wedding last year! Or, maybe not (had a couple of martinis)...

The professional photographer, at one point, stood beneath the chair on which I was standing in a "catching" position. I asked her if she thought she'd catch me if I fell off the chair, and she said "no, I'm going to catch your camera. It's pretty nice!"  Smile

Hi, everyone. I hope that y'all have had a great day.

flarunner, excellent eight this morning.

DaveP MI, bravo on the steamy 6.4.

Shari, great job getting back into strength training.

Brr, I hope that you've had a relaxing and refreshing RD.

Sarah, I'm thrilled that you're down to a walking cast and can do more stuff with less help.

Dave, yay on running without pain!

Damaris, congrats on obtaining a spot in the NYCM! I'm happy that your back is OK. Happy lifting and running.

Phil, bravo on a pain-free run.

BruceD555, fantastic fifteen.

AprilRunner, I'm glad that tonight's four-miler went well.

Marjorie, any taper tantrum yet?

Rick, sweet decaf six.

Zelanie, I hope that the three miles were amazing.

Jack, I hope that the four-five were fantastic.

Ric-G, how was the double?

Tom, bravo on cross-training with yardwork.

scappodaqui, ouch! Awesome TM workout.

Nicole, wonderful job on the TM yesterday. May to tonight go just as well.

SIAR, sweet three and yoga.

lilac_jive, congratulations on two tobacco-free weeks! Awesome TM run.

jjs22, sweet six-miler.

Last night, I did 3.5 miles in 32:18 (9:14 pace), forty push-ups, and ab work. Tonight, I did upper-body work at the gym. After returning home, I did ab work, forty push-ups, and 6.22 miles in 1:02:25 (10:03 pace) in 80F and 60% humidity.

Random thought: I'll never again taper for anything shorter than a marathon again.

Rondog65

Hello all,

So much happening  and not enough time to comment.

Run Tom Run, congrats on being a great uncle again!!

Lilac great job on being tobacco free for two weeks!!

SRD today however took a group of 5th graders out for our annual bike ride to the beach, covering 8 miles.  I will count this as cross training towards my potential sprint triathlon.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

LRB

Random thought: I'll never again taper for anything shorter than a marathon again.

Never say never where running is concerned.  There are no less than a dozen things that I am doing running-wise that I never thought I would.