Beginners and Beyond

End-of-year mileage goals anyone? (Read 111 times)

workinprogress11

My original goal was 2013 in 2013 which I will hit by the end of next week. I will definitely end up over 2100 but don't think I'll quite make 2200.

It's my first full calendar year running! My goal in january was 800 miles, I am just Under 700 now , I will achieve me goal!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I didn't set any goals. I was injured in late December/early January so I was just hoping to get back to running and be able to run healthy. I did, and I'm still running so I guess that's something.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

My original goal was 1,000 miles for my first full year of running. After taking the better part of 7 months off due to injury, my new goal is 400. I'm at 323, so it will be close.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

bluerun

Super B****

I'm going to say 1320, which is right about where I'll be if I can manage to stay healthy and run what my plan tells me to run!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

My goal at the beginning of the year was 1200 or so. I knew I would hit that early so I upped it mid-year to 1750. Well I should hit that this week, with 5 or so weeks to run. I'd have to have a few 50 mile weeks to hit 2013. Doable? Sure. I guess it depends on how the holidays go. Maybe with a few days off I could put in some longer miles.

Next year I will do 2014, and probably a bit more.

- Andrew

this is my first full year of running. I started about a year and a half ago.

My goal on the 2013 game was 1000. I figured I could get in 1200. I should get in close to 1300 at the end of the year.

I may shoot for 1500 next year.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

DavePNW

Anyhoo, things are doing a bit better, but I'm not really within reach of any major round number, and more focused on staying healthy anyway.

Well I wish no one had said anything, because now I'm thinking about it & doing some math. I could potentially hit 1400 if all goes well, which is pretty sad continuing how the year started, but not bad considering what the year evolved into.

If I were able to average a measly 20 MPW for the remainder of the year, I would be tickled pink.

You should be, considering where you've been Dude! I see you're running a little again, hope you can keep it up.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Goal for the year was 2500, I'm a lil behind at the moment, but should finish right on target. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RSX

I am at 1,499 so chances are that I will hit 1,500 today. I was on pace for 1,700 until last week when I just needed a rest and became a slacker. I need 34-35 miles a week to get there which is doable.

My goal at the start of the year was 1,555 which would give me a 10 year average of 1,000+ which I used to have until some injuries. 1,560 is my record so am psyched as I get closer to that.

LRB

I see you're running a little again, hope you can keep it up.

Life is not without a bit of irony it seems.  I struggle now to complete what I could once do with my eyes closed, but I am grateful that I am at least out there nonetheless.

GinnyinPA

I intended to run 1000 minimum and was on track to do a lot more until I got injured in mid-July.  Since then I've been lucky to run 3 miles a week, which really messed up that goal. I'm currently only at 832, so I doubt I'll make 900.

MothAudio

I pledged 3000 miles. I finished week 46 with 2679 miles. I need to average 55 mpw for the remainder of the year. Seems reasonable.

Make that 50.8 mpw.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

I noticed a month or so ago that with decent miles for Nov and Dec, I should be able to get over 2500 miles, so I made that my goal at that point. It should not be too difficult, as I'll begin ramping up my miles for my March marathon soon anyway. Hmm, I just noticed that I'll be overtaking my previous yearly high in today's run. Smile

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I had to go back to 1995 to find a higher mileage total than what I have with over 5 weeks left in the year. I should exceed that total which would take me back to 1994 for a higher total than what I should end the year with. That was the last time I ran more than 2000 miles in a year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.