Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #25 (Read 27 times)

Cyberic

It's Saturday, and I got up at 6:20 instead of 20 to 6, so hurray for sleeping in!

Let's hear it for the weekend!

Cyberic

So the Woman has decided we would be doing our little trip to Corsica without kids in the fall instead of in the Spring. So that opens up my training/racing agenda tremendously. We'd be leaving after my fall marathon.

So now I have to kick my ass into gear and start training. I don't know what I'll decide to race in the Spring, yet, but whatever I choose, run commuting at 8:45 pace will certainly not be adequate training to PR at any distance.

Happy Chinese New Year, and welcome Year of the Rat! Small consolation to the dead ones HCK and I see out running.

Dave

onemile

So the Woman has decided we would be doing our little trip to Corsica without kids in the fall instead of in the Spring. So that opens up my training/racing agenda tremendously. We'd be leaving after my fall marathon.

So now I have to kick my ass into gear and start training. I don't know what I'll decide to race in the Spring, yet, but whatever I choose, run commuting at 8:45 pace will certainly not be adequate training to PR at any distance.

I would suggest the 5k but I know you'll choose a half marathon

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day because I have to sit in the car for 3+ hours to go to a stupid wedding. Is it still a wedding if the couple already got married? For the reception, apparently there will be 30 packs of Miller lite. Serve yourself.

onemile

For the reception, apparently there will be 30 packs of Miller lite. Serve yourself.

sounds pretty classy

Cyberic

Had nothing planned and the sidewalks were semi-clear so I improvised a workout on clear stretches. It was completely Fartlek, patches of ice would determine the end of the split.

Turned out to be  5 x (~90s @10K/90s) + ~2 miles MP-HMP + 5 x 60s hill

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 14 miles to run (we are going to Cincy tomorrow and won't have time to run then). It's snowing (dusting or less than an inch), low 30s and windy. Should be slow but fun.

Damaris

Cyberic

I would suggest the 5k but I know you'll choose a half marathon

Depending on soccer practice schedule next summer, I might start attending the weekly ParkRun 5K.

But I don't see how a 5K would be my Spring goal race given how difficult it is for me to do speed work in the winter.

Also, given how I felt this morning in my improvised workout, I don't see myself PRing at any distance any time soon. Holy shit. Didn't feel like suffering. At all.

Rest day because I have to sit in the car for 3+ hours to go to a stupid wedding. Is it still a wedding if the couple already got married? For the reception, apparently there will be 30 packs of Miller lite. Serve yourself.

Well it’s not a wedding, it’s a reception or just a party. We actually had a pretty small wedding (~50 people), with only very close family & friends, as we did not live close to where either of us was from. A month or so after, my parents put on a party in my hometown, and later on DW’s mom did one near hers. Opportunities to celebrate with a wider group of people who you might have wanted to have at your wedding if it was more practical. Anyway, we definitely had decent beer. 

Meeting up with the running group this morning. In the rain, of course. 

Dave

LRB

URD # 3 and at this point I am not sure when my next run will be. It seems that the worst of the plague has subsided but I don't have the strength or desire to run. I did finally eat at 2:00 am this morning then again at 5:00 and 7:00 so that should help.

Anyway, I have an appointment for a haircut and some errands to run but will cancel all of that and stay in. I'll spend the day cleaning up the disaster that is my place instead, it needs it!

onemile

Depending on soccer practice schedule next summer, I might start attending the weekly ParkRun 5K.

That should be interesting!

Half Crazy K 2.0

On the plus side, we are stopping by a Nike outlet.

delicate flower

Short ski day today.  Just had to get to the mountain to pick up my skis for my upcoming trip.  Figured I'd get in some runs, but awful visibility was making me dizzy so I quit early.  Cool story.

<3

3.5 on flat elevated pace...elevated until the ham tighten up😡 tried to do some hill a hour later but that was a no-go.

if I still drank adult beverages it would be a 5 hour at the bar followed by a jug of wine and a six pack of Stella day😡