Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #25 (Read 27 times)

DavePNW

My Saturday morning running group. I’m in there somewhere.

Dave

RunningOnSand

My Achilles is being super whiny. Tender to the touch.  I did some more yoga yesterday, but not the official 30 min routine (the abbreviated ROS style) so I attempted to run 3 mi on the 'mill today. It was going fine, and at the typical 0.5mi mark it started squawking more, so I put it at a decline and finished up my run that way. I think I need to make an appt with my PT to do some dry needling.

RunningOnSand

My Saturday morning running group. I’m in there somewhere.

That's a seriously large running group! Holy cow, Seattle's got running game.

GinnyinPA

Q: How many pairs of running shoes does Damaris need? 
          A: One more.

LOL

I ran 5.3 recovery miles. My legs were hurting after yesterday. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's longer run.

Cyberic

My Achilles is being super whiny. Tender to the touch.  I did some more yoga yesterday, but not the official 30 min routine (the abbreviated ROS style) so I attempted to run 3 mi on the 'mill today. It was going fine, and at the typical 0.5mi mark it started squawking more, so I put it at a decline and finished up my run that way. I think I need to make an appt with my PT to do some dry needling.

What drop do your shoes have? Is it low drop? Do you have shoes with more drop? That's how I save my running when my Achilles is not behaving.

Also shoes with less cushioning seem to be better (the heel doesn't sink as much with every step).

I stretch the calf, the quads, and roll a tennis ball under the foot to release tension on both ends of the tendon (Achilles).

YMMV

DavePNW

That's a seriously large running group! Holy cow, Seattle's got running game.

Yeah this is a big group in general, and the Saturday morning run gets their biggest turnout. It’s why I think it ought to work out well for LRs, High likelihood of people running my distance/pace. Also it starts at Green Lake, which has a 3 mile loop path, so you can always run extra before or after.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice group, Dave!

Ours would be that big if we all show up for a run (which we never do, lol). Normally, half of that would show.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

What drop do your shoes have? Is it low drop? Do you have shoes with more drop? That's how I save my running when my Achilles is not behaving.

Also shoes with less cushioning seem to be better (the heel doesn't sink as much with every step).

I stretch the calf, the quads, and roll a tennis ball under the foot to release tension on both ends of the tendon (Achilles).

YMMV

I've been running in Brooks Ghosts (12mm drop, I believe?) but they may be a bit too cushiony. 

I also run in the Adidas Adios Bostons (10mm drop) on occasion

And then, the Nikes Peg and Peg Turbo - both of those are 10mm, but those feel softer in the heel.

I did one workout last week in the NB 1400s, which is a 10mm drop, too, but firmer.

What level of discomfort do you run through? This has been bothering me on and off since mid-Dec.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Snow, I find the Ghosts don’t have that much support. Or at least they don’t feel that way to me.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Snow, I find the Ghosts don’t have that much support. Or at least they don’t feel that way to me.

What do you like to run in? (I know you've got a million pairs Big grin - but what is supportive to you?)

RunningOnSand

Yeah this is a big group in general, and the Saturday morning run gets their biggest turnout. It’s why I think it ought to work out well for LRs, High likelihood of people running my distance/pace. Also it starts at Green Lake, which has a 3 mile loop path, so you can always run extra before or after.

I'd think with that many people, there would be a wide variety of paces. Are you finding you're running with the same people, or meeting new people?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What do you like to run in? (I know you've got a million pairs Big grin - but what is supportive to you?)

I like Hoka Clifton 1s but compared to all Hokas, the Ghosts don’t feel like they have as much support as those.

Damaris

DavePNW

I'd think with that many people, there would be a wide variety of paces. Are you finding you're running with the same people, or meeting new people?

Only 3 times so far, but actually different people each time. Though I imagine in the long run it’ll be frequently many of the same.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 5 this morning.  It was about 34 and drizzling so not real nice but no ice to deal with.  Legs were pretty much toast again so went nice and easy.

Followed up with Michigan basketball game in Ann Arbor with DD (they lost - team just can't shoot straight). Had some ice cream at the game then to a favorite stop in AA for a pulled pork/brisket sandwich and tater tots smothered in pulled pork, BBQ sauce, mustard, pickles and slaw.  It was amazing! But, feeling more than a little stuffed! Oh well, going to go for beer and pizza next! Going to need a few miles tomorrow to work this off...

Dave - that is a huge, seriously large, running group!

DavePNW

Followed up with Michigan basketball game in Ann Arbor with DD (they lost - team just can't shoot straight).

To my Fighting Illini!  We are actually having a pretty good season so far.

Dave