Beginners and Beyond

what do you like to drink *other than* beverages with alcohol or caffeine? (Read 116 times)

RSX

I drink 2 milks a day. During the day I drink diet soda, (no coffee or tea) and water.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Water, tons of Gatorade, and lemonade if it's hot.

Damaris

delicate flower

Lots and lots of water, Diet Sprite, and Fresca.  I also drink seltzer when it's in the house.

<3

PADRunner

Coffee, water, XtendEAS protein, milk and sometimes green tea.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Water

Occasionally a camomile tea.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Various cranberry juice blends like cranapple, lemon-lime soda, root beer, Gatorade, water, orange juice, hot chocolate, hot and iced tea (regular and herbal).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sheepla

I subsist totally on ChickFilA tea.  But that has caffeine so I guess it doesn't count.   I wish they offered a caffeine-free option but alas.

On Sundays, I have to settle for Sonic or McDonalds tea instead.

LRB

Other than the occasional 8 ounces of Silk after a run, I rarely drink anything except water all day every day.

I may drink one pop a year (sometimes two), and there are times when I will have a 16 ounce orange juice from Mc Donalds (those things are good as hell from the tap), or a Powerade after a long run but otherwise, I am a mostly boring drinker...until 5:00 pm that is!  8- p

nolamama

CQTM

OJ or Cran-Pomegranate on occasion (usually mixed with champagne, though) Blush

Water

Sometimes an Arnold-Palmer if at a restaurant for lunch

#artbydmcbride

Green Tea, grapefruit juice

Runners run

slowrunningjulie

I love milk and drink it every day. Other than that, water.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I have a Canada Dry seltzer water daily. It's usually the cranberry/lime flavor. I rarely drink milk, and the only reason for that lately is my DD drinks it.

- Andrew

happylily

For me, it's a mix of tap water with ice cubes, flavored sparkling water (usually lime or mandarin) by itself or mixed with pure orange juice (Mmmm, it's heaven after a long run), also milk occasionally (but I get my calcium more from yogurt and cheese) and pure fruit juice (whatever is in the fridge that my son is fancying at the moment. I'm not fussy). I also LOVE vanilla soy milk. In general, though, I just do not hydrate enough, considering how much I sweat with my running. I know it's bad for me, and for my running as well.

No sodas and no gatorade and stuff like it, ever. I feel it's like drinking chemicals. Yuk.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

GC100k

I have a terrible coke habit.  Diet Coke that is.  I get off it now and then but then regress.  I drink A LOT of it.

But I've been off it for 10 days now. I'm drinking iced tea, so I'm still getting some caffeine with that, but it's cheaper and doesn't give me the same jolt.

I also have tea or coffee in the morning.  I drink lots of water too even though when people bug me about my coke drinking I say "water is nasty stuff.  I know, I'm an expert." (I do have a PhD in water).

I have an irrational hatred of water bottles and almost never drink water out of bottles, disposable or reusable.  But I'm a hypocrite because I do drink bottled water with artificial colors and flavors (i.e., Diet Coke).

Mmmmm...beer

Water with Mio, occasionally a glass of milk, but usually only if I'm eating cookies or brownies, gotta have milk then. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!