Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies for remembering (Read 38 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

It's the Weekend! Morning, Dailies!

Good luck to all the racers this weekend. I'll be out there tomorrow, attempting to do 5 hilly miles without blowing up!

It's Memorial Day weekend - Please remember our fallen military.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Oh yeah, I carefully prepared for last night's meteor shower. I put the fast wide angle lens on the camera, set up the tripod mount, set the ISO, set the mode to "bulb", installed the remote shutter release - I was ready.

Then I went to bed and slept through the night. Apparently, I didn't want to try to photograph it that badly that I would get up in the middle of the night to do so.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Are you talking to this Julie?

There is only one Julie on the internet. 

happylily

There is only one Julie on the internet. 

haha! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Heading out in not so great weather (45F and threatning rain) for 40 miles on the bikes.

Half Iron is 6 weeks from tomorrow and I need to get more road miles. On that note as of

last night i have this lovely device on it's way to a new home with me. Smile

Hubby was determined that I should have a tri bike as well as my road bike and who am I

to argue? Smile Scott Plasma Pro 2009, for those who like bikes.

Since we now each own two bikes and 3 wetsuits I think we have officially made our way over

to the "tri-side" .

Photo

Also since I don't think I have shared anything from our Mother's Day marathon......nothing beats finishing

then  than having all these folks at the finish line to give you huge hugs and say "you are awesome" Smile Smile Smile

Hubby also did the full and our other three good friends did the half. The Dad/Daughter combo on

the left hand side had just run Boston 3 weeks prior. As usual I look like crap 5 minutes after a

full and this was a hot one so extra crappy photo this time. Smile

B-Plus

14 coming at you.

happylily

Beth, that's a super duper bike! You will fly with that! And the picture is great! What a beautiful day it was... Btw, I did write the race director and he replied right away. Great man. He said they received other complaints, but mine was the first written one. It seems that that woman who finished 2nd admitted to doing something not kosher (she ran the wrong course, but claims that it added up to 42.2k anyway, though no proof of it now). I find it really strange that she ran 2, if not 3, miles at my turtle pace, but she finished in 3:16...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  At the theater to watch XMen. Slept close to 10 hours last night, nice. sRD.

Good luck to our racers!!!!

Damaris

Just B.S.

Beth, that's a super duper bike! You will fly with that! And the picture is great! What a beautiful day it was... Btw, I did write the race director and he replied right away. Great man. He said they received other complaints, but mine was the first written one. It seems that that woman who finished 2nd admitted to doing something not kosher (she ran the wrong course, but claims that it added up to 42.2k anyway, though no proof of it now). I find it really strange that she ran 2, if not 3, miles at my turtle pace, but she finished in 3:16...

Thanks Julie. Can't wait for her to arrive!! I am thinking of calling her "Bewitched" but spelled

"B-witched" 

There was a man who normally runs the same time as hubby who we noticed the same type

of data for. The turn around is confusing and I can see how it would happen accidentally but if

it was me I would let them know and have them take down the results.

FYI, I know of her (she is local) and it's not her first time on that course doing either the half or

full so really no excuse.  Good for you for addressing it.

B-Plus

So are you moving up a notch? Btw, this is mostly for you and Beth. Have you seen irun's Canadian marathon guide?

http://irun.ca/great-canadian-marathon-guide.php

happylily

Thanks Julie. Can't wait for her to arrive!!

There was a man who normally runs the same time as hubby who we noticed the same type

of data for. The turn around is confusing and I can see how it would happen accidentally but if

it was me I would let them know and have them take down the results.

FYI, I know of her (she is local) and it's not her first time on that course doing either the half or

full so really no excuse.  Good for you for addressing it.

Hmm.. the director admitted that a few other runners did the same mistake. They all claim that they ran the first loop too far (but they were behind the leaders and the leaders ran the correct course. How could they have made that mistake?). So they decided, without official approval, to cut the second loop short. To me, it's on us to understand the course and run it the way it is meant to be. I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier and I had no problem understanding the course myself... Plus, I still don't understand what that 2nd overall woman was doing running beside me over 2 miles... She looked tired already, at mile 14 and 15. It's really fishy...

LRB

Nice pic Beth!   But how is it that your honey is wearing shorter shorts than you?  We gotta fix that next time K?  Good. 

Enjoy the flick D!

Um, I'm hungry.

DavePNW

Warm & sunny. I am so used to lounging around on weekend mornings & waiting till 10:00ish to go out after it warms up. But I guess it's starting to get to the season when I should go out first thing. But too lazy on weekends. Anyway, 9 miles.

Dave

happylily

6 recovery miles, 8:56 pace. 52 push-ups and 52 sit-ups. Some stretching and more core work after lunch. And 3 more recovery miles later. If I have time in between the house cleaning, I will go sit outside and watch the weeds grow. It's sort of sunny here too and the birds are singing (more like squawking, but whatever...)

Mmmmm...beer

I'll do a RR later, because I need to talk about this one.  I PR'd, but missed my goal, and I've never, ever...ever, been so mad about my performance at a race.  You'll have to wait for my RR to find out why.  All I'm gonna say is, watch out, cause...IT. IS. ON.  

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!