Beginners and Beyond

Kansas City area Runner Missing Since Monday (Read 177 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Exactly!

Some of the comments following the story are pretty inane, like this one from poster Brian Rose, trying explain why Chad may have ended up in the porta john:

'I'm a 16:12 5K runner, and I still have the occasional run where my stomach gets upset and I need to go use the restroom."

Uh yeah, what does your 5k time have to do with anything.

Damaris

happylily

This makes me very sad...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Some of the comments following the story are pretty inane, like this one from poster Brian Rose, trying explain why Chad may have ended up in the porta john:

'I'm a 16:12 5K runner, and I still have the occasional run where my stomach gets upset and I need to go use the restroom."

Uh yeah, what does your 5k time have to do with anything.

Looking for an opportunity to brag about his PR clearly.....this is NOT the opportunity. Move along, bud.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

My prayers and condolences for his family and friends.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

slowrunningjulie

Idiotic comments aside, I wondered when I heard that he was found in a Porto John whether he was dumped there or whether he went there because he was suffering from some sort of medical distress (maybe vomiting, etc.) and collapsed.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Idiotic comments aside, I wondered when I heard that he was found in a Porto John whether he was dumped there or whether he went there because he was suffering from some sort of medical distress (maybe vomiting, etc.) and collapsed.

I wondered the same. At first I thought maybe he had become very ill and went into the porta potty thinking he needed it to vomit, diarrhea ect but really it was something worse (heart attack? perforated ulcer? who knows....) But then I got to thinking he could have been dumped in the porta john because it could be at a site that is rarely used, therefore would give the killer more time to get away before the body was discovered. I guess only the autopsy will confirm....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Birdwell

that's just awful. Hopefully the family will find some closure with the discovery of the body.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just my thought.  An autopsy will reveal that, I hope.

Damaris

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hmmmmmm.......I'm reading that he left for that run at 8:30 p.m.  Now, I usually run at night and have even been accused of leaving late (as late as 7:30) but I'm usually back in the door NO LATER THAN 8:30.  And I'm no marathon runner.

Assuming Chad Rogers worked with decent distances, I can't imagine when he would have expected to get back in the door but AT LEAST 9:30, I'd think would be a safe assumption.  That just doesn't sound safe AT ALL to me.  It also said he was a stay at home dad so I don't think there were any unusual day time obligations that would keep him from going out earlier.  Whew.......I just wouldn't condone leaving that late.  Not in the woods, especially.  I really hope there wasn't foul play.

Sad

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've run that late.  I don't have woods though and the streets are packed, so there is a difference.  I really hope there was not foul play either.

Hmmmmmm.......I'm reading that he left for that run at 8:30 p.m.  Now, I usually run at night and have even been accused of leaving late (as late as 7:30) but I'm usually back in the door NO LATER THAN 8:30.  And I'm no marathon runner.

Assuming Chad Rogers worked with decent distances, I can't imagine when he would have expected to get back in the door but AT LEAST 9:30, I'd think would be a safe assumption.  That just doesn't sound safe AT ALL to me.  It also said he was a stay at home dad so I don't think there were any unusual day time obligations that would keep him from going out earlier.  Whew.......I just wouldn't condone leaving that late.  Not in the woods, especially.  I really hope there wasn't foul play.

Sad

Damaris

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

How awful.  Was hoping for a happier ending, even though it was pretty bleak as time went on.  RIP.  Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sad

I've left that late too. In the summer heat, if for whatever reason I can't get my run in before work when the sun is just coming up, gotta wait til sundown. Being a stay-at-home dad, and it being summer break, he probably had to wait for his wife to get home from work to watch the kid...or maybe it was way to hot to run til 8:30 (the past few weeks it has still been in the 90s at sundown where I live). I, however, live in a safe neighborhood in an urban area where there are ALWAYS people around. I know, you can never be too careful, though.

Hip Redux

There's a story in Boston right now of a woman who was killed after being abducted on her way to the gym in an urban neighborhood at 5:30AM.  (so when you leave or living in a place with people around doesn't always mean anything to those who wish to do harm)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm guilty of having done some of my runs at midnight, though I run in the well-lit neighborhood across the highway, and I probably only run that late between 3-6 times a year it still isn't a smart idea. Again, I carry my phone, pepper spray and I constantly listen to every sound, watch every car that might go by or another person (or animal).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This has happened in Miami before.  My husband had to do the rape kit for one woman.  Fortunately she survived.

As I say, the most dangerous runs here are between 5 and 7am, when all the drunks are driving home and all the bad guys might still be looking for mischeaf.

I readhe was already cremated, so I wonder if it was death of natural causes or they would still be holding the body, no?

There's a story in Boston right now of a woman who was killed after being abducted on her way to the gym in an urban neighborhood at 5:30AM.  (so when you leave or living in a place with people around doesn't always mean anything to those who wish to do harm)

Damaris