Beginners and Beyond

Week 50, for Penguins and their llamas!! (12/08-12/14) (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Nope.  Student gym memberships are covered in their fees, but faculty pay.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

lewjeffrey

took the plunge and joined a gym and opted not to join the one next to my work.  The one I joined is close to where I live and they have a ton of locations.  Hope's Mom is right, the cost is crazy expensive.  The one close to my work is twice as expensive as this one.  Plus, the one by my work has the treadmills by the front windows (and it's a busy neighborhood) so I'd feel like a zoo animal when people walked by.  So far I'm 2 for 2, i.e. I ran on the treadmill there both yesterday and today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is great!

I switched runs and ran 6.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi all,

We had some freezing rain this morning, so I cooperated with the local school's 2-hour delay.  Not that my university was delayed, but nobody will care.  So I'm here now.  Skipped weights this morning because I slept in (a lot!).  And then woke up really grumpy, which is not so good for DH.  I'm trying to modify my attitude. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

We had the freezing rain today too. While walking Ben we saw a van that had slid down the hill at the end of the street into a bridge guardrail. Another vehicle left tracks on the grass across the way. We have to go out this afternoon, but we're in no hurry.

Lew - good job on joining the gym. They can be expensive, which is why I've never joined one. Location makes a big difference too. Where we live now, I would have to drive through downtown  and its multitude of stop lights and a lot of other congestion to get to the nearest gym, which I know I wouldn't do on a regular basis. Having a place near your home will help you to go on weekends or holidays when you don't want to drive to work.

D - good luck with your belated 7 mile run.

RD for me.

lewjeffrey

We were supposed to get freezing rain today but it was all hype and no substance.

I am finally wrapping up a super huge project at work. I’ve kind of been using this project as an excuse to not schedule a meeting with the lawyer. We’ve talked twice on the phone now and honestly part of me is scared. I also feel like I have a bit of Stockholm syndrome. As I look back it really wasn’t a healthy marriage but if she said she wanted to work on things then I wouldn’t hesitate.

This morning I gave a morning trio to the gym a try. Instead of going to the one by my house I went to one closer to the office. It’s not that bad of a strategy to do it that way because it forces me to leave earlier and I end up missing a lot of traffic.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening! Finally ran the 9 miles that has evaded me but it was a slugfest and I felt bad all over. Ran 6 of those with hubby and couldn't keep with his run/walking. I think I need to eat more before my morning runs.  Afternoon runs have more than 1500 calories in me through the day vs 300. I need to figure this out because I was again super tired, somewhat dizzy and didn't have any energy. Like last weekend's LR.

Have a great weekend!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

D - could you be dehydrated? That will affect you even worse than low calories.

Lew - avoiding traffic is always good. Good luck with the lawyer. I know it's hard, but it sounds like it's necessary. The time will come when you'll even be happy it's finished. A bad marriage is incredibly stressful, not just for the couple involved but for the kids as well.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think it's either one.  I did drink a full bottle of Gatorade with my cereal so I shouldn't have been too dehydrated.  And my urine was clear (although that's just a guide).

Lew, forgot to say, good luck with the lawyer.

Damaris