Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: When life gives you lemons... (Read 47 times)

LRB

Get Mikey, hell eat anything.

LRB

'Sup team!

Outlook tells me I have an RFP meeting from 1:00 until 3:30 today.  I don't even know what that means but am pretty sure it is going to suck.  lol

Heading out for a jog, peace!

Cyberic

Some *easy* cruise intervals today. By easy I mean not challenging in length, and plenty of rest in between. Not gonna do much or my stamina, but I'll run a few minutes at that pace. I want to take it easy a bit to help resolve some nagging pains that have been creeping up in intensity lately.

happylily

Morning, gents!

I think I'll run 4-5 miles at recovery, right after work. Then I have a shitload of cleaning to do in the house later in the evening. Back to the hard realities of life for me...

Have a great day!

P.S. I'll be in Philadelphia on Nov. 23rd. Decided to join Marathon Maniacs.

...just kidding... :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have a run solo and with hubby, weights, and need to dye my hair.  Working from home today and the weather is nice (82F is the high).

Lily, yay. 

Damaris

delicate flower

Happy Thursday, friends!  Soooo 12 miles total yesterday between two runs.  The afternoon run felt much easier than the morning run.  I've got 7 easy on the schedule today, which may be done on the treadmill if the weather forecast holds up.

It's feeling like a two coffee day.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

HEY MON!

Oregon legalized mary-ja-wanna, Washington State already had done....gonna get real smokey on the West Coast!

San Antonio rain is starting to clear out, but still a little chilly for us - 58 for the high today - and VERY windy. We sure needed the rain but it did leave a lot of messes behind it....flooded roads, road closures, lots of mud and water everywhere, etc.  I got home after work and our silly cat, Sinatra, who wanted to go out for the day, was out behind our yard fence on a stone wall, surrounded by mud and puddles and when he saw me he began meowing like crazy, like saying "About damn time!  Come here and rescue me and get me out of this stuff!"  Got him in and dried off and he got some dinner and went right to sleep, purring like crazy.  He was very happy to be inside, lol.

Plan on running after work today, an easy 3 to 4 miles.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hahahha "MIKEY LIKES IT!"

Last night my friend and I did something really fun and running related....

A local running store was celebrating their one year anniversary of being open with a group pub run. We started at the store, had beer, Halloween candy and chips then ran about a mile and stopped at a bar, had a few beers, ran about 2 miles, went to another bar for beers, then ran about a mile back to the store where we had more beers, pizza, and there was a raffle for free running stuff. So much fun! Even though my friend could not really keep up with the group's "easy pace" (she ran by far the fastest mile of her life just trying) so we did the runs basically by ourselves, but the store owners, who were really nice (and cute!) guys always looped back and ran with us.

We had a blast Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

P.S. I'll be in Philadelphia on Nov. 23rd. Decided to join Marathon Maniacs.

...just kidding... :-)

Maniacs be looking at Lily like "you too crazy for us".

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry about the nagging pains, Cy, hope those turn out to be only a minor something and resolve quickly.

Well, Lily, if you have a shitload, sounds like that needs to be cleaned!   Good luck with your miles today.  Marathon Maniacs....very appropriate for you!

Yay, finally, Damaris for some NICE weather for you!  Run solo AND one with hubby?  You are such a nice spousal running partner.   Hubby can't run on his own? What's up with that?    Dye your hair?  And here I thought you were a natural blonde....

If you're only drinking 2 cups of coffee in a day, Phil, you're doing a whole lot better than some of the folks  I work with, who drink coffee all day long.  By the end of the day, they are wired.  I don't see how they get to sleep at night.

Gee, Kristin, did everyone after the run have a Pepto Bismol chaser?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

You Rang?

After a soaking rain here in SoCal over the weekend, Santa Ana wind conditions are setting in here.  This makes for hot, dry, and desert-like conditions.  No fun to run in, except it hasn't been all that hot.  It also means I get to watch the airplanes take off from my office at work instead of land. Now you know what I do all day .

Six miles on tap for me either now (if I can find sufficient motivation to get my sorry tail out of bed) or this evening (much more likely).

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

B-Plus

First day back to running and of course it's monsooning out. Okay, I exaggerate, but it's raining hard. Maybe I should delay these 3 miles to after work #raincouver

From the Internet.

Morning dailies!

Felt gross yesterday morning so I took a sick day and URD. Lots of Netflix, felt OK after breakfast and pretty much back to normal after lunch. Some kind of 6-hour bug? Too much Halloween candy? Who knows, but I'm good again today. Also had my follow-up appointment with my surgeon, all good! He said that he typically sees a 1-2% recurrence rate for my repair, and I should essentially have nothing to worry about unless I get pregnant in the next couple years and stretch the tissue out that way (lol no thanks). The lifting/strenuous exercise restriction is only for the first 4-6 weeks and I feel pretty much entirely normal again, so I might start easing back into some very light/bodyweight strength-type stuff next week or the week after.

Ran 3 miles this morning because that's all I had time for, I might try a double today and run another 3 this afternoon since I'm just base-building for the foreseeable future.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

morning good BnB people

Day 4 of SRW here, getting a bit antsy.  Plus some arsehole dented and scratched my car while it was parked, and have not even left a note.  $500 out of pocket right there.

lily, hahaha, that'd be the day

Cyberic, hope the pains do not develop into something worse.

Scotty, there's some evidence that ganja is no better or worse for you than tobacco, which means it's still pretty effin' bad.  Plus it impedes brain development in teenagers.

LRB: RFP - Run, Fart, Poo?

D, nice temps, wanna switch for mid to high 40s?

kristin, that sounds like fun!

B+, I'm headed your way in late November, well not exactly but close - Seattle.  I heard it rains occasionally.

all the best to the rest

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 3.3 miles out on the trails before dawn, the first 5 minutes felt a little sore in my thighs but then disappeared. The nagging butt ache thing was back but I think it was more from using my Hyperextension back machine Monday and yesterday. Other than that, it was nice, slow and easy and I didn't kiss the ground (thank god).

It seems like there are twice as many roots out there than last year, I think there's more roots than trails now  but I guess that is what happens when the area is in a major flood zone and has serious erosion issues. No real big deal, I just have to go a lot slower than normal when using my headlamp in the dark.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)