Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's MunDAILY (Read 31 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning and Happy Birthday Awood.

Hope everyone one had a great weekend.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Jerry!

I've got a busy day, and need to get to work.  I'll try to find time to catch up later.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

Good morning.

I ended up going out for an easy 3 miles last night after dark.  There are four houses in my neighborhood that already had the outdoor Christmas lights on.  It's a little early for my taste, but it did remind me that December runs will be nice with all the pretty colors to look at.

No running today.  I'm going to the gym to see if I can swim a few laps without drowning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club for me, but I'll stay away from the leg machines.  Probably should take another RD for my sore quad.

Saw first tree lot yesterday.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Is it really Monday already? SRD for me today. Thought about running but then I didn't get to bed a early as I wanted so decided to reset the alarm for later and keep it as a rest day.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 5 miles this morning and I have core tonight.

Happy Birthday, Anson!

Jerry, enjoy your Monday!

Margo, sounds like a pretty run.  Any cramps or residual soreness from them?

Kristin, enjoy the SRD.

Damaris

PADRunner

Morning all. 4 easy done this morning.

Philliefan33

Margo, sounds like a pretty run.  Any cramps or residual soreness from them?

No cramps, but my legs are a little sore.  Nothing unusual considering I ran a 16-mile weekend, though.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Birthday Awood!

PF: I agree on the lights. Christmas keeps getting earlier and earlier.

SRD for me.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Monday = booooo!!!

How's that for positive thinking? Joking

Randy

on my way to badass

Happy birthday Awood! Margo-glad you are feeling good. Kristin-enjoy the rest day. Damaris- what is your core workout like? Jerry- lights up is one thing, but how would a tree make it to Christmas this early? Got my 4 miles in this morning. It felt pretty good. I am training for a race in December(5k). Based on a few posts I have decided to modify my training plan and concentrate in increasing my mileage. I may throw in a hill workout here and there, but the mileage is where it's at.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

Good morning!  Hoping this week has fewer meetings than last one!

Jerry- Hope the leg is on the mend.

Awood- Happy birthday!

Margo- Hope you are successful in not drowning!  Thanks for reminding me that I do have a month or so of new stuff to look at as I run in the dark!

Kristin- Hope that you enjoy the RD!  Have you used the calendar feature on here very much?  I like it I can drag workouts around by editing my plan so that I can fit runs in to a busy week's schedule and still get my mileage.

D- Nice run!

PAD- Good job getting out there!

Jack- Enjoy the well- earned RD!

Redrum- When is your MRI?

StoneFence- Sounds like a good plan!  I think mileage does a lot more for me than anything else.  Plus at least it gives me the endurance that I need for a race so that finishing the distance is the last thing that I have to worry about.  Which is good, because I worry about everything else!

Philliefan33

Happy birthday Awood! Margo-glad you are feeling good. Kristin-enjoy the rest day. Damaris- what is your core workout like? Jerry- lights up is one thing, but how would a tree make it to Christmas this early?

I'll let you in on a little secret.  Three of my brothers-in-law are Christmas tree farmers.  Yes, they make their living growing and selling real Christmas trees.

The harvest starts in the beginning of November, and is typically done by the first week of December.  Most cut trees have been cut for nearly a month before you bring them home.  Of course, an artificial tree keeps going and going and going...

(Here's another secret.  We have an artificial tree, because real fir trees in the house make my nose itch.  Don't tell my inlaws!)

on my way to badass

Margo-I cut my own a week to a week and a half before Christmas. It's usually down before NYEve. I won't tell. My nose gets itchy too, but DH won't have an artificial tree. My neck is better, at least I can look at where I am going. I may need a new pillow. My run seemed to loosen it up a bit more. Thanks Zelanie-In my gut I know I am on the right track(no pun intended).

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28