Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES will succeed where all others have failed (Read 45 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On my wish list is Toronto (October), CIM (December) and Houston (January).

If I can ever manage to run those and qualify and run NYC you could powder me up and put me to sleep like a baby!

Where is the love for FEing with Docket?

Damaris

LRB

Where is the love for FEing with Docket?

I loathe running in the heat.  Pay attention woman! 

Mmmmm...beer

Why not?  It's never too early for that.

Agreed!  I have my race schedule planned out through to next April, at least for HM and longer.  I'll sprinkle in some shorter races here and there, but I wanted to pick a few longer races to focus on.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Agreed!  I have my race schedule planned out through to next April, at least for HM and longer.  I'll sprinkle in some shorter races here and there, but I wanted to pick a few longer races to focus on.

Mine is set through October only mostly because November and December are theme races around these parts.

DavePNW

Mine is set through October only mostly because it is tempting fate to assume I am going to survive beyond that.

FYP. This is how I feel anyway.

Dave

LRB

FYP. This is how I feel anyway.

It would be awesome if we make it man.  Having run it once it's just a magical day from the time you wake up till the time you pass out drunk with purple lips and cheese in your teeth!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, take a couple days off and there is  a lot of e-mail waiting when I got back.  I finally got through everything and got caught up but it took me quite a while.

I did 2 events over the weekend, both on the same day, Saturday, one in the morning, one in the evening.  Links to report and photos are below.

The Fandango was the funnest.  LOTS of costumes, I took over 100 photos!

Crawdaddy 5K:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/c524fdd62fb14610aaf678fa4b06ae82/resume#focus

Fiesta Fandango:  https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/6f9f5d3fc265455a83014e9147c480b6/resume#focus

I think I am going to have to start being a morning runner early this year.  We hit 99 degrees yesterday, setting a new high for that day, and it's only April.  Today we will get almost as close as that!   Dang!

I may go home and mow the lawn today, but will see how hot it is at 5 pm when I get home.  Today is an off day for running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB hip is back to my normal. I always have some degree of discomfort  but only if I move a certain way. I can handle that. Running and Pilates keep it straight.

Marjorie

LRB

LRB hip is back to my normal. I always have some degree of discomfort  but only if I move a certain way. I can handle that. Running and Pilates keep it straight.

Excellent!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with your first day back from vacation, DaveP!

Yeah, LRB, if I tried to deadlift with my back, I would be dead!  Good luck!

5.4mph is slow, Basya?  Wow, then I am REALLY slow, lol.

Congrats on the 5 easy done, D2!

I feel ya, Phil.  I was off Thurday and Friday and all the stuff  I had waiting today..bombardment is an understatement!  Good luck!

You earned your rest, Step!  Congrats on your race!

Happy tapering, Andrew!

82 at 4 a.m.!  Dang, Damaris...we are not quite that bad yet, but it's coming...  good luck!

Busy, busy, busy Zelanie!  Good luck with all your stuff!

Glad you got your TM to quiet down, redrum.

Sorry about the soreness, Meghan, hope that goes away quickly!

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie!

Good luck with the meeses, outoftheblue!

Well, any of you folks wanna do Austin - it's in February - let me know.  Austin is only an hour from San Antonio.  You're welcome to stay at our place, as long as you don't mind a small room - we have a pretty small house - and don't mind cats, we have 4.  And I will be glad to play 'chauffeur' for you, get you to where you need to go.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My wish list:

-No/minimal trails

-Not hillier than NYCM

-Between December and March

-Starting temps averaging around 35-40 F, ending no higher than around 60 F

-Easy to get to/get around without a car (so probably a metro area)

-Not too expensive to travel there from NYC

On my radar are Houston, CIM in Sacramento, and Kiawah Island in SC... would definitely appreciate any recommendations!

Kiawah is flat but you cant get around without car.  To cab there from the airport would be expensive and no bus there.  Most the course is in closed areas so you will not have much crowd support.  It is Nov (I think) so unlikely it will be 35 or 40 to start. Could but we can still have 70 and 80s in Nov.   Kiawah is pretty and not a very large race.  It also it isn't that close to Charleston so if you wanted to see the sites it is another cab to get downtown. You can walk all over downtown (For the most part Minus a few outer areas)   Charleston marathon is Martin Luther King weekend in Jan. it starts downtown. Is point to point and flat.  They bus you  back to town from the finish. Plus some of the hotels have shuttles to them from the airport. The year I did it it was cold at the start but 60s at the end.

Marjorie

meaghansketch

I would target CIM and do what I needed to do to make it happen.  If you're gonna BQ it's gonna be there for sheezy, or Houston.

Rick- I am a loooong way from a BQ but the idea is just to start chipping away at it.  I don't even know if I'll run a marathon this winter but my Daniels 5-10K plan has MP runs every few weeks and it's hard not to think about it.

Shari- Thanks for the feedback on Houston!  2012 was when I really took note of Houston, thanks to the marathon trials.  But it seems like a great race, and definitely has the potential to be fast.

meaghansketch

MarjorieAnn- Thanks for the info!  Re: Kiawah I was thinking that my mom would probably want to drive down there and make a nice long weekend of it (she is in NC) so I might have a chauffeur.  Hadn't thought about Charleston-- that could be a good option and the city is beautiful.

StepbyStep-SH

Rick- I am a loooong way from a BQ but the idea is just to start chipping away at it.  I don't even know if I'll run a marathon this winter but my Daniels 5-10K plan has MP runs every few weeks and it's hard not to think about it.

Shari- Thanks for the feedback on Houston!  2012 was when I really took note of Houston, thanks to the marathon trials.  But it seems like a great race, and definitely has the potential to be fast.

That is my PR race. It is definitely a good race for that. If you can lock into the right pace and cruise, it is awesome.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The Charleston race course is different now than when I did it.  there is a very long boring industrial section but you have better odds for temps in Jan than Nov.

Marjorie