Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - 'nuff said (Read 49 times)

Will run for scenery.

After a steak and a beer for dinner last night, I up and decided to run 3 easy.  First half was okay, then I just kinda bonked.  Guess there might be something to that "fueling with carbs" nonsense.

Next up for me : touching the devil's silly juice.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

jjs22, I also ate a buffalo steak last night and drank a pint of my Mr. Beer stuff that I brewed.

Currently consuming the devil's silly juice. Nice morning at 66 degrees, albeit a little humid. 5 mile pace run this morning (at an 8:30 pace). It was the first day since I got my Garmin that I really went a different route than I've ever gone. I normally travel north/south on my routes, but this time I went east/west. The downside to doing this in the morning is running into the sun.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I like my point numbers. I don't want to run whole numbers!  So I didn't call the 800 number Scotty. Smile

Marjorie

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MORE GRASTON PLEASE!

Only have 2 appts left - but PT says "we can get more" **evillaugh**

5 days of work in a row are tough.  At least it's not 6.

Have a good day all!

RSX

Good morning everyone. I felt some minor PF possible issue so I just did 45 on an elliptical. I tape it up whenever it happens, and it usually goes away in a fay or 2. Hope everyone has a great day.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hello everyone,

I took advantage of the glorious overcast and breezy weather and did some speedy hill running today. 4 miles total. Got a thumbs up from a basketball player from the university who was doing some conditioning, so I must not have looked too rough out there. Big grin

I'll be out of pocket the next couple of days. I'll be away at hell a staff retreat. We'll be at a lodge bordered by mountains and a lake, but we'll be locked up the whole time planning out our next year of work. Why the hell couldn't we just do that in a conference room at work rather than driving an hour and a half away with no internet, I don't know. Every fucking minute of this thing is planned. Three of us on staff are runners and may revolt and do some trail running. *End Rant*

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hobbit, sounds like hell alright.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Ran my 6 and getting ready for our annual trip to So Cal, since we're leaving in a few days.  Looks like the weather down there is also perfect for running, though I'm not sure I can bring PT bands, my foam roller, rolling pin, and baseball with me.  DH says bring the bands, the other stuff I'll have to consolidate.

Pink- Glad you're out there building up your miles!

Basya- Hooray for running outside!

Hobbitlegs- Good luck on sneaking away from the retreat!

StepbyStep-SH

I hope you do revolt, Hobbit! As if those kinds of meetings weren't bad enough, they take you someplace beautiful but won't let you go see it. It's like setting a big plate of donuts in the middle of table, then saying that no one is allowed to eat them. Evil

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Will run for scenery.

Sarah - I missed you post earlier.  Good job building up slow and steady.  The TM is perfect for that, not too tempting to overdo it !

Hobbit - We did our "retreat" this year in our conference room instead of a posh getaway.  I think we finished sooner.

Step - That was a downright cruel thing to say about the donuts.  Please let us at least have one !

I've got an overnight trip for work, but I think I'll sneak over to the gym at lunch and work the quads.  I've been neglecting the gym for a while, and I'm starting to feel little twinges of knee pain.  Quad strengthening is the thing that's let me run pain-free this year, so I want to nip it in the bud.

In other news, I exchanged my new trail shoes for 1/2 size bigger.  They didn't have them in the same neon green and grey hideosity, so I had to settle for a pair that actually looks okay.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Quickly checking in now, will read everything later... SRD

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice running, Basya, glad you have some cooler weather.

Congrats on the solid intervals, SIAR.

Sorry about the soreness, Step, but congrats on getting out there today in spite of it.  Only 6 weeks away?  You ARE in marathon mode!

Some nice running there for you, Sarah!  Hotel TM?  You're not at home?  Good thing, probably, cuz the Texas ground now is "baked" so flippin' hard in this heat, it probably would be very hard on your tendon!

then I just kinda bonked.  jj, you ate the wrong kind of steak.  You should have had gazelle steak instead of cow... Wink   Good luck with your overnite trip.

lol, Marjorie.  Congrats on your point-numbers run!

Good luck with PT, MBC.  Umm, it's not Phil giving you your PT, is it?  That would certainly explain the 'get more' thinking,, the way Phil ripped through his own rehab.

Sorry about the niggling PF, RSX.  I find rolling my foot on a golf ball also helps, kinda breaks up all the crap in there.

Way to go on the speedy hill training, Hobbit!  Good luck with your visit to hell the retreat.  What you and the other runners should do, at a particularly very boring part, is give out a little scream, then get up and run circles around your table as fast as you can for a few times. That should break things up a bit. Joking

Happy SRD, Kristin!  Another relaxing day by the pool?  Post photos... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski, it's a BOY!

Damaris

Hip Redux

Oski, it's a BOY!

My life is now complete.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Oski, it's a BOY!

LMAO I Just emailed her that! Wink