Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies in the crazy place (Read 37 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Why not?

i am off to run. Of course it decided now to start raining.

Marjorie

delicate flower

Hey now!  I am headed out the door for 15.  I plan on getting soaked.  No rain, but it is warm and muggy. BRB!

<3

LRB

'Sup!

I plan to get out there in a bit as well.  Just doing my coffee and online surfin' thing at the moment.

I plan to get out there in a bit as well. 50-60% chance of rain. 

Dave

LRB

I plan to get out there in a bit as well. 50-60% chance of rain. 

Looking at the satellite the rain has come through and gone.  There are a couple of tiny cells moving from west to east but those probably will not make it that far north (from where they are).

You should be golden! 

Looking at the satellite the rain has come through and gone.  There are a couple of tiny cells moving from west to east but those probably will not make it that far north (from where they are).

You should be golden! 

My own personal Al Roker!

Dave

LRB

My own personal Al Roker!

Post-surgery.

LRB

Although he might have looked better pre-surgery. 

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did another 8 last night, for 16.95 yesterday, 5 easy recovery done this morning to give my legs a break.  I'll get 8 this afternoon before heading to a bbq for the Ambassador Team that I'm a part of, then meeting a friend for drinks tonight, we'll call it carb loading for my LR tomorrow. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yay visiting Louisiana.

temp 74F Dewpoint 74.  (That 99.999% humidity ... Yay :eyeroll )

Shortest run in months : 7 + strides

LRB

Speed work done.  Mentally it was a kick in the nuts but I just fought through it

3 E + 3 M + 4 x 1200 T + 2 E

I am really feeling marathon pace right now, not that it's easy or anything just that I feel I can jump right into it without issue.

12 miles total, time to eat shit up! 

delicate flower

My 15 miler turned into a 14 miler because fuck that.  80 degrees with a 72 dew point.  I was soaked at the end of the run.  Lost seven pounds too.  Cripes....stick a fork in me.  8:38 pace.

<3

Cyberic

10.6 miles easy this morning in rain. It was a drizzle at best and at times it was pouring.

It was a rather easy run, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Rain drizzled from time to time but mostly just sticky. At least the sun wasn't out. Came home did laundry. Now at the puppy pool. Dh got called back to work so just me and the pups.

Marjorie

Zelanie

Last night's MP run (12 with 9 at MP) was really hard.  It was 88 when I went out at 7:00 and still 80 when I got back in, and of course I stubbornly refused to adjust for heat because I only have a few of these runs left and wanted to see the numbers on paper.  I was doing reasonably well through 7 and then had to make a pit stop, and after that I just couldn't get my pace back for the last 2.  Of course, by then it had gone from "mostly dark" to fully dark, and it was also hard to find my footing on the gravel path I was on.  But still, heat or not heat, it had me thinking of whether I want to re-evaluate my GMP.  Goal for yesterday's run was 9:10, I ended with an average of 9:14, with almost all of the fade coming in the last 2.  I'm sure I could have done it on a cooler day, though, but maybe it still shouldn't be this hard?

In other news, the hills at the north end of town are on fire.  Luckily we live on the south end of town, but it's still pretty intense.  So far, it looks like everybody's homes are OK, but a lot of people were evacuated last night, and of course the trails are going to be all burnt.