Beginners and Beyond

Get Monday going (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think a lot of temperature 'feel' depends on what you're acclimated to.  I was out doing a long(ish) run on Saturday (in the NYC area, where Kristin is also) and while it didn't feel dangerous, but it didn't feel particularly pleasant either, and I could tell it was enough to affect my pace.

And that is why I think Kristin had a problem with the race.  You guys are not used to 50F warmer than it has been for months.  I don't think it was the humidity or dewpoint, but that difference.  In a month, 64F will feel nice to you all.

Damaris

DavePNW

It's not even 11 and I'm starving!  Who delayed the clock?  My stomach thinks it's lunch time.

Congrats on making it that long, better than I ever do. Since breakfast I have already had a banana, one of those little Baby Bel cheese things, and a handful of pretzels. That was by 10:30, hope I can make it the rest of the way.

Dave

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

And that is why I think Kristin had a problem with the race.  You guys are not used to 50F warmer than it has been for months.  I don't think it was the humidity or dewpoint, but that difference.  In a month, 64F will feel nice to you all.

Agreed - it was 76 and somewhat humid for my run today. Felt OK, but a bit warm in the sun. I was sweating like a hawg when I finished.

While that doesn't feel exceptionally hot, it will feel downright cool when we start getting into our summer temperatures. It's definitely a matter of getting used to the heat, though that isn't the only factor.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats on making it that long, better than I ever do. Since breakfast I have already had a banana, one of those little Baby Bel cheese things, and a handful of pretzels. That was by 10:30, hope I can make it the rest of the way.

I had a banana at 10:30am.  Fruit makes me hungrier.  Damn it.  I don't know if I can make it before noon without going out for lunch early!

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

You should to out for lunch early, D. Beat the crowd!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I can, but not this early, or I will be hungry by 2pm.  Ugh.  I hate not being in court because then I have no choice but to suffer.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

5-6 miles with some strides later tonight. It is going to be hot this week, with one or two days over 100. So much for spring. I hate the heat so I'm guessing this week's runs will all be at night. Damn.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi Dailies.

5-6 miles with some strides later tonight. It is going to be hot this week, with one or two days over 100. So much for spring. I hate the heat so I'm guessing this week's runs will all be at night. Damn.

It better come down before Sunday!!!!!!

Damaris

LRB

It's not even 11 and I'm starving!  Who delayed the clock?  My stomach thinks it's lunch time.

Aren't runners always starving!

Speaking of food I have a date at PF Changs tonight which oddly will be my first time there.  I don't know which I will have more fun with, the food or the wine!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Aren't runners always starving!

Speaking of food I have a date at PF Changs tonight which oddly will be my first time there.  I don't know which I will have more fun with, the food or the wine!

Yummy.  Make sure the food is completely vegetarian.  They add oyster sauce toe verything.  Which goes bad with someone deadly allergic to shellfish!  I usually order the vegetable dumplings and the garlic noodles.  Safe enough, I think.  Oh, if you detest the soft tofu like I do, ask to replace the tofu with the one they cook (smoked tofu).  It's super good.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

It better come down before Sunday!!!!!!

You should be fine. You will be on the coast and if the race starts early, like 6:00, the temps should be in the upper 50s or low 60s.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You should be fine. You will be on the coast and if the race starts early, like 6:00, the temps should be in the upper 50s or low 60s.

Race starts at 7am. High for Sunday went down to 68F.  Winter weather!!!!!  Start looks to be at 51F.  Nice.  I wish it would stay at that all day long, though.

Damaris

LRB

Yummy.  Make sure the food is completely vegetarian.  They add oyster sauce toe verything.  Which goes bad with someone deadly allergic to shellfish!  I usually order the vegetable dumplings and the garlic noodles.  Safe enough, I think.  Oh, if you detest the soft tofu like I do, ask to replace the tofu with the one they cook (smoked tofu).  It's super good.

Why don't you just come with me.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Why don't you just come with me.  lol

would love to. What time are you sending the jet?

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did 5 recovery miles this morning, wanted 8, legs said 5. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!