Beginners and Beyond

Get Monday going (Read 49 times)

LRB

would love to. What time are you sending the jet?

I have not quite made it to that level yet.  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

D2

Good to listen, you have improved a crapload in a relatively short time. Similar here, sometimes you just need a little respite.

DR

Arent you the jet setting lawyer, I hear your profession is chock full-o-cash.

AM (barely - late start)

6 miles relatively easy.

PM

might take it off - or easy run w the DW.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

D2

Good to listen, you have improved a crapload in a relatively short time. Similar here, sometimes you just need a little respite.

DR

Arent you the jet setting lawyer, I hear your profession is chock full-o-cash.

AM (barely - late start)

6 miles relatively easy.

PM

might take it off - or easy run w the DW.

I work for the government.  The cash never makes it my way.

Damaris

LRB

I just ordered a glass of wine...hope my boss doesn't walk in.  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I so enjoy self employment, very empowering.

LRB

I so enjoy self employment, very empowering.

Yes, I have lived that life.  It was the most money I ever made...also the most headaches.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, I have lived that life.  It was the most money I ever made...also the most headaches.

I think it would be too stressful for me to attempt that.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I can be, and agree with LRB can be the most headaches also.  But very rewarding.

It is refreshing to know that if you are in a world of shit, it is your own doing.  Not your pin headed boss that put you in a bad situation...

I have been in enough situations where the boss outright lied to the client in front of me and staff about something he/she directed

me to do.  Leaving all the blame squarely on my shoulders *AFTER* me telling him/her multiple times why that specific decision would not work.

Or making construction and design decisions based off of boss meetings only to be told. "I didn't say that."  When I have detailed notes, with time/ date/ location and *verification* of the decision...  

Oh... some people just plead to be bitch-slapped...

LRB

When things were good it was awesome.  When things were bad though...yeah.  Still I have no regrets, for me it was the best of times.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In my area of the law it would be very hard for me to earn what I earn here on my own.  I know because I have friends who are solo practitioners.  Even with my meager government salary, I still earn more than them.  The best way to work in my field is via big law firms, which means a shit ton of hours and double my salary.  Still, I prefer my 50-70 hour weeks with a 4:30pm time to leave, no questions asked.

Damaris

Tom, have a great run.

Andrew, have a pleasant SRD.

Zelanie, have a pleasant post-work run.

Jack, K., enjoy your run with strides tonight.

Dave, fantastic five.

Shari, have fun in your martial arts class tonight.

outoftheblue, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Slymoon Runs, great six-miler this AM.

It’s 85F right now. And sunset won’t have arrived by the end of my run tonight. I’m taking it to the TM.

Just B.S.

On Mother's Day I was fortunate to run another marathon with my hubby (or should I sat run at the same marathon

as my hubby because he is always far far ahead of me) AND I got to see and wave at  Happy Lily on the course 3 times.

She was flitting along like her feet don't even touch the ground, just as I pictured she would.

Be jealous 

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hello everyone,

Working from home, so I ran during lunch. I did 3.2 with some 400's @ 5k pace sprinkled in there. It was steamy out today, but I'm thinking about a July 3 5k, so I might as well get used to going fast in the steam.

Will do another 3-4 tonight with the Monday group.

Have a good one!

outoftheblue

In my area of the law it would be very hard for me to earn what I earn here on my own.  I know because I have friends who are solo practitioners.  Even with my meager government salary, I still earn more than them.  The best way to work in my field is via big law firms, which means a shit ton of hours and double my salary.  Still, I prefer my 50-70 hour weeks with a 4:30pm time to leave, no questions asked.

Smart decision.    The stress levels in big law firms are off the charts.  Aside from all the billable hours pressure, you are supposed to devote large chucks of whatever "free time" you have to firm administration, recruiting, client networking, etc.   Basically, you have no other life.  I'll take shoveling chicken manure any day of the week.

Life is good.

LRB

I just ordered a glass of wine...hope my boss doesn't walk in.  lol

Thankfully he never showed (I see him at lunch more than I should in a city this big) and I was able to enjoy a very nice glass of rosso with fried eggplant parmesan, spaghetti, garlic bread and salad.

In about 45 minutes I will be blowing this popsicle stand and heading out for dinner and more wine!