Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES don't have a Bucket List... (Read 44 times)

LRB

But our Fucket List is a mile and a half long!

LRB

What up doe!

If you are reading this then you have made it through one of the longest weeks in the history of mankind...well it seemed like it anyway!

My entire lower ab region and adductors are finally starting to calm down after being sore and super tight since Monday.  I have never felt anything like it.

Imma have to tell my physical trainer that whatever she is doing is working, and to stop that shit.  lol

I am off from work and will be spending the bulk of the day out of town on "bidness".  Sandwiched in between is lunch and fun times with a couple of VIP's...in fact I need to get the hell up outta here.  Say hello to the mailman for me, peace! 

PS: You don't need a bucket list when you live life to its fullest.

Word.

Just B.S.

No bucket list but I do have  a mental "Life List" of things I want to accomplish and experience. Smile

To that end, I am off to the pool. Hopefully 6th will see one of those life list experienes achieved.

Crazy man surrendered to police late last night. Now Moncton has to live with the aftermath and is

Forever changed. Sad

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a flight to Chicago, a couple of FEs (ahem) and a run if I can squeeze it in.

Glad the guy surrendered.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Since I'm not ready yet to kick the bucket (list), I've been compiling one consisting of RA and RW posters I want to meet in real life and races around the country, and maybe around the world, where I could fulfill that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Today is Friday IMO!  LMAO!

As I sit here contemplating what to say in this here dailies thread, my senses are being overcome by the funk of dead animal.  There must be a decaying mouse or something somewhere close by.  Not a good smell.

Anyway, I've got some running to do after work.  DW is working from home today, and an exciting day it is.  The ph level of our house water is off (has been since we moved in) and we're finally having a filtration system installed today.  NEAT.  That is our anniversary gift to each other.  Last year we bought each other a new garage door.  We're old school romantics like that.

Is it Friday yet?

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Bucket List? I don't think I have one...

Went for a 6 mile run on the roads out around the house, it was only 63 degrees, 94% humidity and dew point around 61 so it actually felt pretty good. Rocky hadn't ran since last Friday, so I took him with me, he didn't do bad at all, and his panting was less than the last few runs. If only we could have more weather like this during the summer, he'd be happy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Happy Friday everyone!

Anyway, I've got some running to do after work.  DW is working from home today, and an exciting day it is.  The ph level of our house water is off (has been since we moved in) and we're finally having a filtration system installed today.  NEAT.  That is our anniversary gift to each other.  Last year we bought each other a new garage door.  We're old school romantics like that.

We are so romantic that for our 20th we just celebrated a couple days ago, we gave each other new windows for the whole house. And if you have priced that, you know how generous a gift that is indeed. Although we did go out to one of our favorite restaurants last night, dined outside on a beautiful evening, and this is what the chocolate pot de creme we had for dessert looked like:

Anyway, 5 miles this morning on another gorgeous day here.

Dave

happylily

No bucket list for me. I live everyday as if it were my last. I will try to make today look wonderful, even though it will be nothing but a routine day made of work, house chores and a run. I know my good luck and I cherish it every single day.

I only have one kid today at work. The others are going to visit their new school where they will be going in September. I am sad, because I will lose three of them. But another group will start, another adventure which will last 3-4 years. I'm taking the one child to McDonald's. I know, I know... But he begged me and I can't say no to his beautiful eyes. I know he only wants the toy, he doesn't give a crap about the food. Maybe I'll buy him the toy, and a salad. But that'd be cruel... lol

7 or 8 miles aerobic threshold, or a bit faster if I can muster it. It's a little cooler here today.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

SRD. Flying home tonight.

happylily

Happy Friday everyone!

We are so romantic that for our 20th we just celebrated a couple days ago, we gave each other new windows for the whole house. And if you have priced that, you know how generous a gift that is indeed. Although we did go out to one of our favorite restaurants last night, dined outside on a beautiful evening, and this is what the chocolate pot de creme we had for dessert looked like:

Anyway, 5 miles this morning on another gorgeous day here.

Happy belated anniversary, Dave and Mrs Dave! 20 years with you. Your wife deserves sainthood.  (I'm teasing ) That's a great looking dessert!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Safe travels to LRB and Damaris! (Jealous of FEs!)
                          Lily - I have bought my son the toy and a salad since switching him to gluten-free. It costs twice what a stinkin' Happy Meal would cost, but at least it is somewhat healthy.
                          Glad to know my DH and I aren't the only practical romantics around, though we don't even buy home improvements. We just skip the gift altogether. But that dessert ... THAT I could do!

Easy shakeout 3.5 mile run. Not as easy as it should have been.

Today is DS's last day of second grade. Time has flown! We will celebrate by getting his hair cut (time for the "summer short" look) and probably having frozen yogurt, since CherryBerry is next door to the hair salon. Then heading to my FIL's farm so the guys can hang out and I will be a bit closer to the location of tomorrow's 50k. It should be fun - there is a group of nearly a dozen of us from my town running it.

And, my son would also want me to remind everyone that today is the 70th anniversary of the Allied invasion of Normandy: D-Day. Take a moment to remember.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Work....Gammy is getting upset.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Lil 5k shakout run with 5x strides done.  It's funny, my easy run this morning was 1:30 faster than my time two years ago at the 5k I'm running tomorrow (my first race).  Gotta love it.

I also made a crazy realization yesterday when I was running.  I crunched some numbers and realized that my marathon pace from March was faster than the fastest 1.5 mile PRT I ran when I was in the Navy, and that was when I was 19!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went to a local park after work yesterday and got in 3.1 miles.  The temperature was 93 degrees, the heat index 'feels like' temp was 99 degrees, but the humidity was only 50%  and the dew-point was 68, so although it was HOT, it didn't really feel all that bad out there at all.  I ran all my running segments strongly, walked my 2-min walk breaks briskly, and my last running segment I even picked up the pace for the last 1/2 mile, finishing well.   This is a park that has really nice dirt-and-paved trails, big shade trees, wooden bridges across the creek beds, very 'peaceful atmosphere' place.  With the temps the way they were the park was nice and quiet.  I saw only 1 cyclist out there, 5 walkers and  just 3 other runners who were insane enough as me to get out and run in this weather, lol.

Today is a rest day, sort of.  I have a physical therapy re-evaluation for my spinal arthritis and then I will be going to pick up my packet for my 5K tomorrow, which is another FREE race - so basically a fun run with no awards etc, but you do get a goody bag with shirt and other stuff - put on by the city to help promote healthful activity for San Antonio residents.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt