Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILY Tudeular Penguins (Read 31 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Tudeular (adjective) : a combination of the words attittude and tubular. Expresses a sort of bad ass awesomeness.

Good morning awesome badasses !!!!

4 mile run in the super-humid-pre-heat-advisory-darkness. I had nothing left for my plank today, it was a measly 45 seconds. Oh well.

Have a great Tuesday!

Bin Running

Rest day. Cough go away already, please!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Mickey and Bin.  Short run this afternoon and might go to health club.  Heating up.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gail and I were up at 4:30 a.m and off to the YMCA, which opens at 5 a.m.  She swam laps in the outdoor pool and I went and got in 3 miles.  Sweet morning for a run!  75 degrees but felt cooler with the dewpoint at a very nice 62.  I was gamboling at an easy gait under a grand gibbous moon, glad to be out, grateful for good weather. Nice run! Big grin

I also have the day off today, so can go back to sleep for a while after that early morning run, nice.

Today is August 20th.  Today's holidays are National Radio Day and Lemonade Day.

radio cartoons, radio cartoon, radio picture, radio pictures, radio image, radio images, radio illustration, radio illustrations

lemonade cartoons, lemonade cartoon, lemonade picture, lemonade pictures, lemonade image, lemonade images, lemonade illustration, lemonade illustrations

lemonade cartoons, lemonade cartoon, lemonade picture, lemonade pictures, lemonade image, lemonade images, lemonade illustration, lemonade illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your miles, Mickey.  My plank this morning was only about 40 seconds.  I first tried doing it barefoot and for some reason that position really makes my toes hurt...I got about 12 seconds barefoot, lol.  Have to do that plank with shoes on.

Bin, time to go to the doctor!

Good luck with your short run, Jerry.  Healing up?  Oh, I misread that...HEATING up.   Well, we will below 100 again today, nice.  Thursday, my next running day, it's only going to 96, sweeet!  Means I can run after work instead of early morning.

Coralie, read your post from yesterday.  Hope you feel better soon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I like that word!  4 X 800m tonight, hoping for no asthma attack.

Damaris

Bin Running

Scotty, yes, sir! Seeing one tmr.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Philliefan33

Good morning everyone.  I'm not sure I'm tudeular today, but I do plan to run 5 miles with fartleks tonight.

Zelanie

Morning!  Back from the beach and presenting at a little conference that my group put together.  Sorry for no check in yesterday, but I did do my planks.  2:00 yesterday, felt easy, then somehow only 1:15 today.

I am also happy to report that my LR is back to double digits!  Ran 10 last night after my evening meeting.  So the last 5 were in the dark, but it was still a great time.  I remembered why I love running distance. Smile  Today I will likely run 6 this afternoon.

My hip has been bugging me since yesterday.  I woke up with it hurting, and I'm thinking maybe it was the bed at the beach that did it.  I've tried rolling it and stretching, but can't quite knock it out that way.  Ibuprofen seems to work, though, and it didn't bother me at all when I was running.  Maybe I just need to run more. Wink

Jerry- Enjoy your run today!  Hope you get out before it gets too warm.

Mickey- Nice early-morning run!

Bin- Hoping that the cough is gone soon.

Scotty- Glad you got a cool morning in down there!

D- I bet your lungs will do great for you!  Good luck on the 800s!

Mitch- GL at the docs and looking forward to good news. Smile

From the Internet.

Morning all! Water running workout this morning, feeling kinda yucky now - popping ears and scratchy throat. Hoping it's just all the water I got in my ears, if I'm actually coming down with a cold I owe an apology to the entire pool for infecting them all this morning. Brought running gear to work and am planning to get in a few miles this afternoon but I may end up going home early to nap instead.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Bin: Get better!!!

Zel: Guess where we are going for Labor Day weekend? We rented a house down at Balboa Pier. Do you have any good running routes that you did?

I have 10 miles on tap for later; I'm in week 3 of marathon training. Work is back in full swing, the kids' activities are going, and DS goes back to university in three weeks time. Busy, busy, busy....

Have a nice day, everyone.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rest day today. I rested Sunday which is usually a run day, ran Monday which is usually a rest day.....wasn't sure if I was going to rest or run today but I slept in and now we're getting ready to go shopping so I guess it's going to be a rest day. I'm ok with just winging it Joking

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Zelanie that is great news!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to