Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: When you realize you're a moron (Read 35 times)

KCRuns

Congrats on 2 OA, Baboon!

I ran an easy 4. It was one of those runs where everything felt great. It ended up being a small progression run, which is always nice 

LRB

Baboon - congratulations. Second place is terrific.

LRB - that's a big oops. I take it the trash has been picked up already?

They are gone.

I broke a wine decanter today, the third time I've done that the past year.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They are gone.

You are most definitely out of sorts!

Damaris

Cyberic

They are gone.

Does it always happen while decanting your second or third bottle of the day?

Baboon

delicate flower

Thanks for the 5K props, guys.  This is the second 3.2 mile 5K I've done in a row.  It'd be nice to do a 3.1 mile course one of these days.  Coach says I've still got Ironman fatigue, which would impact a 5K a lot more than it would a HM.

Awesome sauce.

13 miles, last run in SD.

Cracked 50 for the week.

Sweet!!

Leaving soon for Dodger stadium... World Series here we come! Hoping the Sox can wrap thingsup tonight.

Nice!  Have fun and go Sox!

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

So I got to my race early this morning and got to break in a fresh portapotty.  It was magical.

<3

DavePNW

So I got to my race early this morning and got to break in a fresh portapotty.  It was magical.

Been there, done that. It is pretty cool. Even cooler though - the wedding I was at this weekend actually had portapotties at the reception. But they were the most luxurious portapotties you've ever seen. It literally looked like a regular bathroom inside.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles and strength training.

Baboon, nice OA placement!

DavePNW

Here's a story that will make you feel like a Nobel Laureate. This weekend's wedding was my niece. My MIL, grandmother of the bride, showed up to the wrong place for the rehearsal dinner. They actually went to the place where the wedding was going to be held the next day. But they walked in, were told "you can sit anywhere", and they did. For someone else's wedding ceremony. And of course it would be rude to walk out in the middle of a wedding, so they sat through the whole ceremony.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Here's a story that will make you feel like a Nobel Laureate. This weekend's wedding was my niece. My MIL, grandmother of the bride, showed up to the wrong place for the rehearsal dinner. They actually went to the place where the wedding was going to be held the next day. But they walked in, were told "you can sit anywhere", and they did. For someone else's wedding ceremony. And of course it would be rude to walk out in the middle of a wedding, so they sat through the whole ceremony.

That is hilarious!!!! That's a story they'll never forget. And awesome job on the 50-mile week. That is seriously impressive.

Nice job today, even with the Ironman fatigue, Baboon.

Docket, sorry you had a shitty run. 14 though. Way to get it done. Hoping tomorrow is better.

KC, those are the runs that make it all worthwhile.

LRB. Oh man. Shiz. Both things suck.

Cyber, i have a feeling your "jogging" is still at a pretty impressive pace.

As per usual, 6 days before the marathon and my throat is starting to get super sore and I've got a low-grade fever. Now, I realize that aside from this weird bug, I'm acting like a crazy person (taper time...who doesn't?!). Like, yesterday my left calf hurt super bad. Today the top of my foot feels weird. Now this ailment. I just keep telling myself that I'm really not getting sick. Right? RIGHT???! I guess better today than Thursday??? Ugh. Deep breaths.

Cyberic

That is hilarious!!!! That's a story they'll never forget. And awesome job on the 50-mile week. That is seriously impressive.

Nice job today, even with the Ironman fatigue, Baboon.

Docket, sorry you had a shitty run. 14 though. Way to get it done. Hoping tomorrow is better.

KC, those are the runs that make it all worthwhile.

LRB. Oh man. Shiz. Both things suck.

Cyber, i have a feeling your "jogging" is still at a pretty impressive pace.

As per usual, 6 days before the marathon and my throat is starting to get super sore and I've got a low-grade fever. Now, I realize that aside from this weird bug, I'm acting like a crazy person (taper time...who doesn't?!). Like, yesterday my left calf hurt super bad. Today the top of my foot feels weird. Now this ailment. I just keep telling myself that I'm really not getting sick. Right? RIGHT???! I guess better today than Thursday??? Ugh. Deep breaths.

Foot, calf, that's taper madness, and I wish you very much that you're not catching a cold or some bug like that. Drink water like a maniac.

Cyberic

Man, I have a hard hime sitting through a ceremony where I'm supposed to be.

You guys must have had quite a good laugh when you heard that

RunningOnSand

Foot, calf, that's taper madness, and I wish you very much that you're not catching a cold or some bug like that. Drink water like a maniac.

This week is all about the water consumption. And subsequently all about the bathroom breaks, too.