Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Say it ain't so (Read 49 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

I ran my first Tempo run in a while. My GMP is 8:35, with my Easy run at 9:00. I decided to run my Tempo at 8:00. Boy, at 6 this morning it was already 75 out, DP of 71, overcast, no wind. Crappy. I was thinking about quitting after 4 miles, but I thought to myself "I've already ran 1 easy mile and 3 at tempo, so you just have 1 of tempo left then it's just an easy one after that." So I stuck with it. I finished 6 Miles @ 8:14 avg pace. My shirt was 100% soaked.

Every time I have difficulty in a run when it comes to distance, I think back of a HM I did in April of this year. I was sort of mailing it in around mile 12. The course had rolling hills that I wasn't expecting. I had went out too fast, and I paid for it at the end with some slow closing miles. I was getting passed by some runners, congratulating them on running a good race. I made the comment to a gal: "Congratulations, keep it up, just a mile to go." She retorted, "Maybe for you! I have 14 more to go." I said something to the effect of "Holy cow, keep it up. Better you than me. Just 14 more miles to go." To which she replied, "Better than when I started." So every time I'm having a bad run or I'm thinking about distance I always think back to that gal and I think about how far that I've came, and it's a much shorter distance than when I started. Then I get through my run. Smile

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Zelanie

Morning!  Teachers are "officially" back today in my district, boo!  So today I work both jobs, and then will run 4-6 this evening.  Back to the grind!

Hip Redux

PT done.  Hips sufficiently worked out.  Now, starbucks coffee and "working from home".

B-Plus

おはよう

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Five miles for me this morning......  and I want to crawl back into bed damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.5 miles for me

Marjorie

B-Plus

Apparently today will be a 2 coffee day. 10 miles later.

LRB

おはよう

Right back at cha!

Burrrn, tempo runs are difficult for that exact reason; they are like a race except they are not and thus you want to stop the entire time you are running!

More shiny PR coming 'eh Boon?

Zel, one more week of quiet morning roads then I will be running for my life lol

Supp yo, I mean O!

Good morning Marj, Step, Jess, D, FS, Mike, Tom, and Scot T!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey guys....did not run nor post this weekend i was a bad girl!!! As you know I did get a FE with Damaris yesterday!!!! Had a lovely lunch SmileSmileSmile Now I am in Key West where it is raining raining raining Sad I did get in 5.5 rainy miles along the beach this morning though! Have a great day! 

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Send me all that rain (without the thunder!).  Enjoy!

I still have no outlook and trying to migrate the laptop froze the whole thing.

Damaris

delicate flower

More shiny PR coming 'eh Boon?

The next one should be more epicer than the last.

<3

LRB

The next one should be more epicer than the last.

ep-ic - adjective [ep-ik]

1.noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style.

2.Slang. spectacular; very impressive; awesome

Examples of EPIC

1. The way Boonie Boon Boon ran that race was epic.
                          2. BBB is the epic Shiz yo.
                          3. I heard 3 to the B has his own mob, dude that is epic.

ep-ic-er - some made up shit but who cares, it works. [ep-ik-er]

Examples of EPICER

1. The way Boonie Boon Boon will run this race will be epicer than the last.
                          2. BBB is the more epicer shiz now than he ever was yo.
                          3. I heard 3 to the B has his own mob, dude that is even epicer than the last time I heard that!

meaghansketch

LRB- Thanks for starting us off!  Enjoy your SRD and your big run tomorrow!

Tom- Happy SRD!  Enjoy it!

Moth- Nice runs, glad to see you seem to be recovering well.

Damaris- Enjoy your run this evening!

Oski- Glad you got the PT in!  Hope it was helpful.

Thanks Scotty for the comics!  Sounds like you had a great running weekend.

Baboon- Hope you enjoy your easy miles, treadmill or no!

Shari- Ugh, tough weather!  Good job on the miles.

Lilac_jive- Have fun with the bike ride!

Andrew- Nice tempo run.  That's a good way to think about it!

Zelanie- Happy back to school?  Enjoy your miles this evening.

B-Plus- Good afternoon to you!  Enjoy your run later.

Freesoul- Sad  Good job on the miles!

Marjorie- Very nice!

Kristin- Nice miles despite the rain!

SRD for me.  Sunburned like crazy.  Annoyed that I don't know yet whether Friday is a work day-- I would rather do my long run Friday since I have a race Monday, but will do it Saturday if necessary.  It is a progression run (last 7 miles increasing to HM pace) so would rather have 2 days to recover before racing.  I guess I could do it Friday and just start at 5 AM... NOPE, NOPE, don't WANNA.

LRB

Annoyed that I don't know yet whether Friday is a work day

Mine is an unpaid day off, number 6 of the year.  Two more to go, oy.  Careful with that sun babe.  ; )

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Step, sounds like your Texas weather of the last month has moved your way!  Good luck with that!  I hope it is gone before your marathon!

Happy bike riding, lilac!  What's a T-25 video?  The 25th exercise video of Mr. T?  Wink

Funny, the places and people and things you find off-chance to motivate you, Andrew, that lady came along for you just at the right time.  Congrats on your run today!

Our schools opened again today, Zelanie.  There were over 200 school buses all over our city roads this morning, making for a really fun commute.  Welcome back to you too, and good luck with your meetings, I'm sure you're going to have more than a few.

Hope your hip is feeling better, Oski!

I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning, FreeSoul, lol.  Yet somehow I did and got to work at 5:45 a.m.   Congrats on you getting it done today too!

I'm a bad accountant, Marjorie, I lost track of your miles...how many do you have this month so far?  You are so darn consistent!

Good luck with the later 10, B-Plus!

Good morning - oh wait, it's afternoon now  - good afternoon, LRB!   Unpaid day off?  That sucks....

Key West must still be enjoyable, Kristin, even with the rain.   Have fun!

I have no outlook either, Damaris, I just live day to day.....

Yer funny, Phil.  Epicer...next race you can Ben Hur-l yourself at the finish line! Big grin

Sorry about the sunburn, Meaghan.  Break out the Aloe Vera!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt