Beginners and Beyond

What happens in the DAILIES, stays in the DAILIES... (Read 50 times)

LRB

But is seen by millions. 

What up doe peeps!

Ready or not it's time to get back at, albeit a short work week for me though so there is that.

Up first is some much needed core and strength to keep this machine running in top condition, I will return to running tomorrow with an easy run.  I am trying something different this week in terms of speed work and training and will let you know how that goes.

So enough about me, what are you doing?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I were up and out the door just before 4 AM for our 6  miler, I am now going back to bed for an hour or two.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SRD.

Dave

delicate flower

So enough about me, what are you doing?

It's Monday morning.  I am working.  What the hell else would I be doing? 

Good morning, runners of the internet!  Taper week 3 is underway.  5 miles planned today, which will be my longest run until Sunday.  My legs are feeling good.  As with LRB, I also have a short work week.  Taking Friday off for a four day weekend.  I will spend the rest of this week obsessing about my marathon...

Have yourselves a Monday, people!

<3

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!  I had a rough weekend, can I get another day off?

No miles this AM (need to run a couple errands before work) but will try to get some tonight.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  Rest day today.   Saturday did my run/walk at Lackland Air Force Base and inadvertently became a 'bandit' when I turned onto a street and encountered lots of Air Force trainees and a few civilians doing the Run For Freedom 5K, which I'd forgotten was at Lackland that day.   I turned off at the next street, after having 'fallen in' with some very speedy trainees running in formation.    Sunday I went to the San Antonio Riverwalk and ended up doing a run/walk of 51 minutes, my longest outing in quite a while, ending up with 4.5 miles.  I didn't want to push it so stopped there, but the good thing was I was feeling great and felt I could've gone farther.  So I am still 'beating' my arthritis so far, yay.

Good luck with the core-and-strength, LRB.

Early bird Rocky and FreeSoul! Must be nice to be able to go back to bed after a run.  I will be up doing the 4 a.m. thing next month when our PM temps start approaching the 100s...unfortunately, I won't be able to go back to bed after since I have to be at work by 7 a.m.

Enjoy the SRD, DaveP.

Good luck with Taper Week 3, Baboon, and hope you don't stress/obsess too much over the upcoming marathon.

Sorry about your rough weekend, Meaghan, hope today goes well for you.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I will spend the rest of this week obsessing about my marathon...

As opposed to what you've been doing the last 6 months...??

Dave

happylily

Good morning everyone!

Slept great and am having my coffee now. Today I'm off work. It's sunny here again. I will help SO finish putting up that new playset in the yard, then lay in the hammock for awhile and later this afternoon, before supper, I will run 7 easy with strides.

Enjoy this fine Monday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Day 4 of my extra long weekend. Today is the holiday so hubby is off as well.

We are planning a run with him pacing my tempo but its currently pouring and 47f. Hopefully it

will let up as we rarely get to actually run  together due to our differing workout schedules and paces.

Lily I was on your RR thread trying to convince Scotty to run the Fredericton Fall Classic 10 k/Half.

Registered for the marathon in Austria yesterday. Soooooo excited.  Havent told hubby yet  but

already researching which country it will be next year. Smile

Have a good Monday folks!

StepbyStep-SH

8.6 miles done, still feeling the effects of Saturday's trails.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ooh! I forgot to wish a happy Victoria Day to our Canadian friends! Stay victorious, my friends.

Dave

Just B.S.

Ooh! I forgot to wish a happy Victoria Day to our Canadian friends! Stay victorious, my friends.

Thanks. We will Dave.   Can't speak for QC though. I think they celebrate "National Patriotes Day" 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. I needed to wear a hat in to work because it was pouring out! That (along with the lightning) sent my run inside. 4 Easy miles done on the TM.

Yesterday I made banana bread for the first time. It came out pretty good, except it wasn't fully baked on the bottom, so I had to put it back in. It's still ok, but I think I need to perfect the cooking time. Our stove sucks, so I'll have to tack on an extra 10 or 15 minutes. My wife has made banana bread before, but honestly mine was better. But I won't tell her that. Smile

- Andrew

Yesterday I made banana bread for the first time. It came out pretty good, except it wasn't fully baked on the bottom, so I had to put it back in. It's still ok, but I think I need to perfect the cooking time. Our stove sucks, so I'll have to tack on an extra 10 or 15 minutes. My wife has made banana bread before, but honestly mine was better. But I won't tell her that. Smile

Love banana bread. I always like cake that has bread in the name, so you can eat it for breakfast.

It can be tough to bake so it isn't overdone on the outside & too gooey on the inside.

Dave